ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

garda immigration van der elst case

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

secer123
Newly Registered

garda immigration van der elst case

Post by secer123 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:56 am

hello everone i am new to the group.

i have a simple question. I was working n irleand the last four months under a usit student work permit with my employer. That permit has since then expired but i also have a six month bunac student work permit for the uk and my employer is also in the uk and wants to pay me from thier. From what i read online it looks like i can take advantage of the vander eslst case the eu law wich alows someone with a eu permit with one country to work in another eu country. however when i went to get my garda card they would not give it to me because they say the vander elst case does not apply to student holiday permits but i have a blue card and none of the the irish imigration websites said anything about students not being able to go under the case. was the immigration official being lazy because it was crowded that day even though i had a letter from my employer.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:04 pm

did they even go in and check or just tell u NO? if u are in dublin, go talk to immigrant council of ireland. they might be able to help u. most of those guy in the immigration office might not know what they talking about. i remembered at one stage. i had a valid permission to remain(7 months) in my passport. i am holding one of the non visa required national passport. i flew in from edinburgh after holiday. i got stopped by the immigration officer in the dublin airport and looking for a visa. at the end. the immigration officer let me go after 5 mins, but he wrote on my first page of the passport which he shouldnt do in the first place. i could file a complaint about that but i didnt. the immigration officer might have right to check my passport or write anything they want in the irish immmigration stamps pages but not in the page with my national crest on. so u tell me do they really know what they doing?

i am not saying all of them but some are pretty bad, so if i were u. do more checking or go talk to the immigrant council in dublin and see what they say.

good luck