ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hi Can anyone tell me how my husband can get an EU fam card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

Hi Can anyone tell me how my husband can get an EU fam card

Post by Adam/Sophie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 am

I am a British citizen living in Dublin with my husband who is not a eu national .I came to Ireland in March 09 and my husband came here in July 09.He has no visa and no status in Ireland.
We have been in a relationship for four years and we have a three year old child together.In December 09 we married here in Ireland.
In August 09 we applied for a Eu fam card via the Eu 1 form we downloaded from the internet.

Question 1/ They asked for 2 years proof of our relationship before we married and we sent them our childs birth certificate previous proof of our address and our present address .After we sent them our marriage certficate they asked again for 2 years proof of our rlationship.
Even though on their website they say to send your marriage certficate if you do not have one then and only then do we need to proof our relationship.Why? it does not mak sense.

Question 2/ Will they give my husband a Eu fam card while I am on jobseeker allowance.I am an active jobseeker and i sent them proof of me looking for work . Thank you everyone

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:23 am

Did they not give your Husband 6 Months stamp 4?

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

Post by Adam/Sophie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:16 pm

thanks for the reply no they have not given him a 6 month stamp 4 that is what we are trying to get from them.He has not been given anything yet. thanks.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:26 pm

You say that you applied via the EU1 form in August during which time you were in a relationship. You subsequently married in Dec 2009. As you were not married at the time of application it would be normal for Immigration to request evidence of your relationship. They may be suspicious about the timing of the marriage and may be trying to ascertain that this is a valid marriage (i.e. not one of convenience).

You say he has no visa or status in Ireland. How did he enter the country? Is he from a visa free country (e.g. Singapore) or did he enter on a Tourist visa?

Regarding your jobseeker status, what evidence have you provided already about your ability to support your husband? Freedom to travel throughout Europe depends on the European citizens ability to provide for themselves, so being on JobSeekers Allowance doesn't really show this. If you were on Jobseekers Benefit (only granted if person has paid PRSI stamps) I'd imagine it would be different. As Jobseekers Allowance is means tested, this would suggest you don't have means to support your husband.

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

Post by Adam/Sophie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:14 pm

According to the information that we have read the law is that a stampif 4 should be issued to a spouse of an Eu citizen if hey are a jobseeker or on vocatinal training. Also we have a 3 year old child together and we gave them proof of our relationship for the past four years. :shock: 8)

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:36 pm

For me I think you have provided sufficient documents to prove your relationship but I have heard that immigration ask a lot of documents when you are not married but now you have provided marriage certificate then there shouldn't be any issue.
anyway if you have applied in August then you 6 months are not finished so just wait for couple more months and you will find out what the outcome I hope they will issue your husband resident card.
wish you good luck!

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

Post by Adam/Sophie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Thank you rebel82 for your reply. Hope everyones situation is resolved wth ease God wiling. :)

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Adam/Sophie wrote:According to the information that we have read the law is that a stampif 4 should be issued to a spouse of an Eu citizen if hey are a jobseeker or on vocatinal training. Also we have a 3 year old child together and we gave them proof of our relationship for the past four years. :shock: 8)
Considering that you applied in August '09 and they are supposed to answer all applications within 6 mths, I'd imagine you'll have your answer from DoJ soon enough.

Regarding proving your relationship, whether you are married or not, any EU country is entitled to ask for information from applicants to show the validity of the relationship. Perhaps the evidence of the relationship you submitted wasn't enough to satisfy them? What did you submit for this?
(28 ) To guard against abuse of rights or fraud, notably marriages of convenience or any other form of relationships contracted for the sole purpose of enjoying the right of free movement and residence, Member States should have the possibility to adopt the necessary measures.
How long exactly have you been on JobSeekers allowance? Was it during the first 3 months when you arrived here?

As for your and your husband's rights, Directive 2004/38/ECsays:
(9)Union citizens should have the right of residence in the host Member State for a period not exceeding three months without being subject to any conditions or any formalities other than the requirement to hold a valid identity card or passport, without prejudice to a more favourable treatment applicable to job-seekers as recognised by the case-law of the Court of Justice.

(10) Persons exercising their right of residence should not, however, become an unreasonable burden on the social assistance system of the host Member State during an initial period of residence. Therefore, the right of residence for Union citizens and their family members for periods in excess of three months should be subject to conditions.

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

Post by Adam/Sophie » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:43 pm

As far as we are concerned we have provided the doj with sufficent evidence to prove that we are in a genuine relationship .
Unfortunatley people are forced to leave their home countries due to various reasons.Such as poverty war,and illegal occupation of their countries.Petrol,gas ,gold has been taken leaving them no resources or economic stability.
Some Natives of the west beileve that foriegners are a burden on the state and that they are the reason why their country is messed up.
In fact it is the western governtment that are causing these proplems for their own people.
Hope that everyone in the immigration struggle succeds
Don't give up KEEP YA HEAD UP 8)
Last edited by Adam/Sophie on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:01 pm

100 % agreed..

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Adam/Sophie wrote:Some Natives of the west beileve that foriegners are a burden on the state and that they are the reason why their country is messed up.
In your case, that would be 100% true, would it not?

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

Irish tom this ones for you

Post by Adam/Sophie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 pm

IrishTom wrote:
Adam/Sophie wrote:Some Natives of the west beileve that foriegners are a burden on the state and that they are the reason why their country is messed up.
Actually Tommy me old son thats not the case I was in employment in Ireland but apparently not long enough I lost my job due to cut backs and now im in the same predicament as many other people.

We so called "foreigners" did not mess up your country the English did a good job of that.
Thats why Ireland is far behind its western europeon counter parts.
:wink:

MAKUSA
BANNED

No way

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:32 am

IrishTom wrote:
Ireland is messed up today due to the quacks and cowboys running your country, high level of corruption, incompetence and the inability of those in power to understand simple economics. AIB, Nationwide, Bank of Ireland were been run as family businesses and loan shark companies. It is always the norm for people to blame others for their dismal failures.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:39 pm

IrishTom wrote:
That would be a shortcut to thinking