ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

17F4N
Newly Registered

Re: Nikkah Khuwani certificates - issue in AJK

Post by 17F4N » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks Jameel17 for sharing your experiencing.

It seems like majority people in this forum are not from AJK area and have a success stories.

I am in the same boat as i havent got a clue what is going on. Whilst i was in pakistan i was sceptical with the information that was provided by immigrations advisor. But since i have returned the information on UK BA site and the information on this forum mirror to what the advisor said to me.

I was advised that this could take up to 3 months before i receive any information from UK BA office. But when i was out in Pakistan, i met a guy who had a reply within 13 days with a court date.

Still dont make any sense - i learning to Batley if he can shed some light...

thanks

Jameel17 wrote:
17F4N wrote:Hi guys,

I found this forum extremely useful and a fantastic place to share experience – so well done to the creator of this!

Last month my wife visa application was rejected due to Nikkah Nama not being stamped by Union Council. After obtaining advise and reading up the news it has come to light that UK Border Agency were unaware that Union Council is not present in AJK area and the Nikkah Nama are validated by the Mufti.

The process my wife was advised to follow was to complete the appeal form and provide Nikkah Nama stamped by the mufti with a supporting document stating this is a genuine marriage certificated and is registered.
The document were posted and sent to UK Visa Section in London and we were informed that once BA received the document the original decision will be reconsidered.

I have the following questions:

Is anyone experiencing this? And if so have you heard anything after submitting the relevant documents to UK Visa Section in London?

How long does it take to hear anything from UK BA? (My wife sent the documents on 4th January 2010).

Could I or should I contact UK BA to find out?

Anyone in AJK area and planning to submit their Spouse application please ensure that you provide a support document by the mufti stating that the marriage certificate is registered and valid.

Look forward hearing your response

Thanks
Salaam

My application got rejected for exactly the same reason and im currently going through this. We have sent off all the relevant documents to London and have not heard anything yet. Its been 2 weeks on Friday. My dads friend who is a solicitor says we need a letter from our MP as well. As things stand I do not have a clue what is happening and I am totally confused.

b92753

Post by b92753 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:48 pm

17F4N wrote:Thanks Jameel17 for sharing your experiencing.

It seems like majority people in this forum are not from AJK area and have a success stories.

I am in the same boat as i havent got a clue what is going on. Whilst i was in pakistan i was sceptical with the information that was provided by immigrations advisor. But since i have returned the information on UK BA site and the information on this forum mirror to what the advisor said to me.

I was advised that this could take up to 3 months before i receive any information from UK BA office. But when i was out in Pakistan, i met a guy who had a reply within 13 days with a court date.

thanks

Jameel17 wrote:

I found this forum extremely useful and a fantastic place to share experience – so well done to the creator of this!

Last month my wife visa application was rejected due to Nikkah Nama not being stamped by Union Council. After obtaining advise and reading up the news it has come to light that UK Border Agency were unaware that Union Council is not present in AJK area and the Nikkah Nama are validated by the Mufti.

The process my wife was advised to follow was to complete the appeal form and provide Nikkah Nama stamped by the mufti with a supporting document stating this is a genuine marriage certificated and is registered.
The document were posted and sent to UK Visa Section in London and we were informed that once BA received the document the original decision will be reconsidered.

Is anyone experiencing this? And if so have you heard anything after submitting the relevant documents to UK Visa Section in London?

How long does it take to hear anything from UK BA? (My wife sent the documents on 4th January 2010).

Anyone in AJK area and planning to submit their Spouse application please ensure that you provide a support document by the mufti stating that the marriage certificate is registered and valid.

Thanks
Salaam

My application got rejected for exactly the same reason and im currently going through this. We have sent off all the relevant documents to London and have not heard anything yet. Its been 2 weeks on Friday. My dads friend who is a solicitor says we need a letter from our MP as well. As things stand I do not have a clue what is happening and I am totally confused.
For GOD sake for the tenth time!!!! BHC have released a press release regarding this situation stating an error was made and nikha khuwanni is a valid marriage certificate document and does not require it to be registered with the union council. They have also stated submit your appeals for reconsideration. I am not posting the link again because it is in several places in this forum.

If you have submitted your appeal just be patient and wait for response. your not going to hear anything everynight. And im sure Batley Khan will tell you the same!!

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:13 pm

b92753 wrote:

thanks

Jameel17 wrote:

Thanks
Salaam

For GOD sake for the tenth time!!!! BHC have released a press release regarding this situation stating an error was made and nikha khuwanni is a valid marriage certificate document and does not require it to be registered with the union council. They have also stated submit your appeals for reconsideration. I am not posting the link again because it is in several places in this forum.

If you have submitted your appeal just be patient and wait for response. your not going to hear anything everynight. And im sure Batley Khan will tell you the same!!
Obviously you havent read my message PROPERLY so i'll just ignore your little tantrum...!!

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:59 pm

17F4N wrote:
b92753 wrote:

thanks

Jameel17 wrote:
Salaam

Obviously you havent read my message PROPERLY so i'll just ignore your little tantrum...!!
Its all self explanatory whats the confusion about ? Once you have submitted your appeal it will take around a month for you to receive ackowledgment letter from the court that your appeal has been received. And that will get the ball rolling.

tazzie04
Newly Registered

Post by tazzie04 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi Guys!

Been reading posts and noticing that no ones posted in relation to getting any response to their application for some time now- I hope we don't have one of those 'backlog'problems the home office had back in the summer! :x '

I know it's only been nearly 4 weeks since my hubby made his application but when you read that people are getting responses within 26 days you wonder why isnt that happening with you!!

I hope those who are waiting hear some good news soon! :P

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:12 pm

tazzie04 wrote:Hi Guys!

Been reading posts and noticing that no ones posted in relation to getting any response to their application for some time now- I hope we don't have one of those 'backlog'problems the home office had back in the summer! :x '

I know it's only been nearly 4 weeks since my hubby made his application but when you read that people are getting responses within 26 days you wonder why isnt that happening with you!!

I hope those who are waiting hear some good news soon! :P
Hi Tazzie,

Im in the same boat as you. Wife submitted application four days after you. So inshallah we wil in the next few weeks. I emailed abu dhabi last week to find out whether the application has been processed or not. They told me its currently being processed. If you want you can request an updateby emailing visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk. You will need your application reference number, GRY number, and husbands passport number.

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 am

Asalam alaycum all

Tazzie, if you submitted application in first week of Jan i reckon you'll get a response within the next 2 weeks. Insh Allah i hope you get a good result.

Be prepared for all eventualities, as i was chatting to an English Barrister about my appeal, he told me that the ECO's are thick dearly beloved bas***ds. Im sure most people on this forum would agree with him :-).

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:45 am

musab_27 wrote:Asalam alaycum all

Tazzie, if you submitted application in first week of Jan i reckon you'll get a response within the next 2 weeks. Insh Allah i hope you get a good result.

Be prepared for all eventualities, as i was chatting to an English Barrister about my appeal, he told me that the ECO's are thick dearly beloved bas***ds. Im sure most people on this forum would agree with him :-).
Too right!!!! ive seen them "uk border force" on tv. They cant even put 2 sentances togeather.

Shakeel101
Newly Registered

Post by Shakeel101 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:28 am

FAO people who have submitted their appeal regarding the AJK Nikkah Nama issue.

I initially submitted an appeal to the AIT, then I got a response from then (within 4 weeks) which told me it had been passed onto the ECO and has has until the end of April ro review his/her decision.

First week of Jan I found out about the UKBA admitting their fault and their press release and i immediately sent another appeal pack to the Apollo House in Croydon. It's been nearly a month, as of yet, not even a letter to confirm they have recieved it.

I tried ringing around to find out a telephone number, you can only contact them by post. I guess it's a case of shut up and put up.

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:31 am

ukusman wrote:
Its all self explanatory whats the confusion about ? Once you have submitted your appeal it will take around a month for you to receive ackowledgment letter from the court that your appeal has been received. And that will get the ball rolling.
The only thing that is self explanatory is what document to send and where to .. the process time is not mentioned anyway...

How do you know that it will take a month to receive acknowledgement letter? Are you talking from experience?

Also why would the court send out acknowledgment letter? I'm pretty sure that once ECO received the appeal documentation it is given to AIT for a review and if the orignial decision is not changed thats when the appeal will go through court..

amr2010

Error in passport

Post by amr2010 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:17 am

Hi all

I got married in Dec last year and am in the process of getting all my paper work together, hopefully my wife will be submitting her application in Lahore in the next few weeks.

My wife didn't have a Pakistani passport so she applied a couple of weeks ago and received it last this week. However, she has noticed that the passport people have used a different spelling for her first name on top of that they have mis-spelt my name (in the husband section). This now means all our document has a different spelling on it for her name and my name to the names that appear in the passport.

I'm not sure what to do, will this cause us a problem? Has anyone been in this situation, what should I do?

Thanks and takec are

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:36 am

I'm not sure what to do, will this cause us a problem? Has anyone been in this situation, what should I do?
It depends how they have spelt it. I mean if it something like Amina spelt Ameena, it should not make any difference.

what is your and your wifes name and how have they misspelt it?

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:11 pm

batleykhan wrote:
It depends how they have spelt it. I mean if it something like Amina spelt Ameena, it should not make any difference.

I have sent a pm.

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:46 pm

amr2010 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

I have sent a pm.
Why worry when you can get the name changed on the passport. I think it costs 5thousand rupees around (£45) to get an emergency passport made which takes around 5 days. If you feelit is going to cause a problem then just get the passport remade.

Then atleast you wont have to worry when youve submit your application

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:52 pm

ukusman wrote:
amr2010 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

I have sent a pm.
Why worry when you can get the name changed on the passport. I think it costs 5thousand rupees around (£45) to get an emergency passport made which takes around 5 days. If you feelit is going to cause a problem then just get the passport remade.

Then atleast you wont have to worry when youve submit your application

The frustration is that getting things done in Pakistan are difficult and services are unreliable. Paying for an “expressâ€

zs786

Post by zs786 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:04 pm

quick question for those that have applied for a sposue visa from Pakistan:

Can you submit your documents in a ring binder / folder or does the Vac application center refuse to take in folders??

How did your sponsor send you documents from the UK - please kindly share the postage method they / you used (i.e. courier - name and appox price you paid)

Many thanks

lubzy

Lahore VAC

Post by lubzy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:56 pm

My husband submitted via Lahore VAC. The took all of the plastic wallets out of the ringbinder to fit them in the standard sized padded envelopes they use to forward documentation on. Make sure the very first page is an index!

Afraid I can't help re: the courier as I took all of my documents out there, prepared the indexed file and left it with him.

ukusman

Re: Lahore VAC

Post by ukusman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:09 pm

lubzy wrote:My husband submitted via Lahore VAC. The took all of the plastic wallets out of the ringbinder to fit them in the standard sized padded envelopes they use to forward documentation on. Make sure the very first page is an index!

Afraid I can't help re: the courier as I took all of my documents out there, prepared the indexed file and left it with him.
i submitted my papers with a treasuary tag to hold them in place. From what im aware they didnt remove the tag

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi There,

I received i reply from ukhub regarding my wifes application which said the following

"Good Afternoon,

I am pleased to say your application has been issued on 26/01/2010, you will be contact in due course by the Visa Application Centre.

Thank you,"

UKHUB - Pakistan

How do interpret the above ? are they trying to imply visa has been issued or the fact that the application has been processed ?

From prior experience they usally email " i have checked your application and can confirm that your application has been processed". #

Please advise anyone

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Normally the BHC do not tell you whether your visa has been issuesd or not over the phone or email.You only find out the answer when you go and collect your passport. from Gerrys.

However there is difference of meaning between the words issued and processsed.

Issued means visa has been issued whereas process is where they have dealt with your application but they dont tell you whether visa issue or not.

I hope its good news for you by the way :D

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:38 pm

batleykhan wrote:Normally the BHC do not tell you whether your visa has been issuesd or not over the phone or email.You only find out the answer when you go and collect your passport. from Gerrys.

However there is difference of meaning between the words issued and processsed.

Issued means visa has been issued whereas process is where they have dealt with your application but they dont tell you whether visa issue or not.

I hope its good news for you by the way :D
Thanks Batley khan for your reply.

So what do you reckon the visa has been issued accoirding to that email ?

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:17 pm

I reckon it will have been issued,so you might recieve some good news.

I hope I am not wrong :lol:

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 pm

zs786 wrote:quick question for those that have applied for a sposue visa from Pakistan:

Can you submit your documents in a ring binder / folder or does the Vac application center refuse to take in folders??

How did your sponsor send you documents from the UK - please kindly share the postage method they / you used (i.e. courier - name and appox price you paid)

Many thanks
Hi,

I am going to send my documents/application to my wife next week. I bought a display book like this. It's a little bit bigger than A4 but not by much.

I'm going to send documents using the PostOffice AirSure service see here. If you do use this option make sure you fill out a customs label and state the contents as 'Documents'.

I don't know if there are any better options.

Amer

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Many thanks[/quote]

Hi,

I am going to send my documents/application to my wife next week. I bought a display book like this. It's a little bit bigger than A4 but not by much.

I'm going to send documents using the PostOffice AirSure service see here. If you do use this option make sure you fill out a customs label and state the contents as 'Documents'.

Amer[/quote]

Hi Amer,

When my sister submitted her husbands application she put the paper work in a clear plastic folder- but the staff at the gerrys took the paper work out of the folder. Usually they strip the paper work down to reduce weight hence the reason why they take papers out of folders.

So what i did for my wifes paper work was that i hole punched the corner of every page and attached them to togeather using a treasuarry tag.

My wife told me that they didnt remove the tag. Therefore it kept my papers togeather in orderly manner.

zs786

Post by zs786 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:43 pm

amr2010 wrote:
zs786 wrote:quick question for those that have applied for a sposue visa from Pakistan:

Many thanks
Hi,

Amer
Hi Amer,

Im afraid you can't use the Airsure service for Pakistan only available for Europe & US. So i guess with the Post Office your best option is REGISTERED AIRMAIL - however this service is only tracked to the point where the item is passed onto the postal service of pakistan, from that point there is no tracking available!

None the less i have sent around 12 items over the last 10 months and none have been lost, all have reached there safely. So i guess thats the best option to use, inshallah the documents will reach safely and securly

P.s. Done some research: Courier delivery via Fedex/ DHL is pretty expensive in the region of £70-£100 for documents wieghing only 1.5kg!! although i guess with this service full online tracking is available