ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) HMSP JR document requirement Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

allta

ILR SET(O) HMSP JR document requirement Question

Post by allta » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Hello Guys,

I'll be going in for my interview come March, I just want to find out if it's a must to do letter from employer as HMSP JR applicant. Also, do I have to show all my P60s and P45s?

I intend to take these documents with me:
1. Passport showing current visa
2. 2 Passport Photos
3. 3 Months Payslips
4. 3 Months BankStatements
5. Previous Payslips from Previous Employers (scattered months, not particular sequential to cover entire 4 years, as I can't find some months' payslips)

So my question is, will the 5 above be enough, because I've checked the Form requirements for section 9H and there is no mention of Letter of Employer, letter of employer was mentioned in some other sections like work permit etc.

So what exactly is needed for "If you are employed, document(s) showing your economic activity and your personal earnings during your stay in the
UK."

Also, is there any maintenance fund requirement? the bank acct I want to use have on average monthly balance of £1,000 for the last 3 months (Christmas gulped a lot of money for me and family), will this be enough?

Many Thanks Guys[/url]
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

wunder
Member of Standing

Re: ILR SET(O) HMSP JR document requirement Question

Post by wunder » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:28 pm

allta wrote:Also, do I have to show all my P60s and P45s?
You don't have to, but you may be asked for them if caseworker has doubts - it is better to take every financial and work-related document you have with you.
allta wrote:there is no mention of Letter of Employer, letter of employer was mentioned in some other sections like work permit etc.
It might be useful as one of the ways to prove your 'economic activity'. It is not a requirement for HSMP though.
allta wrote:So what exactly is needed for "If you are employed, document(s) showing your economic activity and your personal earnings during your stay in the UK."
Payslips, bank statements, P60s - the exact number of those depends on a caseworker.
allta wrote:Also, is there any maintenance fund requirement? the bank acct I want to use have on average monthly balance of £1,000 for the last 3 months (Christmas gulped a lot of money for me and family), will this be enough?
There is no maintenance requirement for HSMP JR.

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:32 pm

There is no minimum balance requirement for ILR.
Payslip and a/c stmt should be sufficient.
If you can provide your P60's and P45's, that will be good, although I believe they are not required for HSMP applicants.
Letter from your current employer, if possible, not required though.
I believe you have passed KOL in UK test.
allta wrote:Hello Guys,

I'll be going in for my interview come March, I just want to find out if it's a must to do letter from employer as HMSP JR applicant. Also, do I have to show all my P60s and P45s?

2. 2 Passport Photos
3. 3 Months Payslips
5. Previous Payslips from Previous Employers (scattered months, not particular sequential to cover entire 4 years, as I can't find some months' payslips)

So my question is, will the 5 above be enough, because I've checked the Form requirements for section 9H and there is no mention of Letter of Employer, letter of employer was mentioned in some other sections like work permit etc.

So what exactly is needed for "If you are employed, document(s) showing your economic activity and your personal earnings during your stay in the
UK."

Also, is there any maintenance fund requirement? the bank acct I want to use have on average monthly balance of £1,000 for the last 3 months (Christmas gulped a lot of money for me and family), will this be enough?

Many Thanks Guys[/url]

allta

Post by allta » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Thanks wunder, I really appreciate. I called the HMRC and they asked me to write a letter requesting employment history to show tax and earnings details since 2005. This is because there is no way I can get round to all my employers and ask them for this, and it might take longer than the date of interview. I worked in quite a number of places.

Also, I've asked my current employer to do me the letter of confirmation of employment. So, hopefully that should be ok.

Now, I find myself in same state of mind when I did my HSMP application, phew ... I can't wait for all these dilemma to end.

Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate mate.

allta

Post by allta » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:37 pm

Hello Diago, I've passed my KOL, but I'm holding that printed result back until the Citizenship Application, I think the test centres can't reproduce it as it's a one off thing. And I'm not sure if PEO will hold on to it. I know I don't need KOL for application since I'm applying under HSMP JR, but I'll definitely need it for citizenship in next 1 year. Thanks for touching on this.
diago_nelson wrote:There is no minimum balance requirement for ILR.
Payslip and a/c stmt should be sufficient.
If you can provide your P60's and P45's, that will be good, although I believe they are not required for HSMP applicants.
Letter from your current employer, if possible, not required though.
I believe you have passed KOL in UK test.
allta wrote:Hello Guys,

2. 2 Passport Photos
3. 3 Months Payslips

UK."

Many Thanks Guys[/url]

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:47 pm

KOL is NOT a requirement for HSMP JR applicants for ILR

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Here is the list of documents I submitted with my application.

1. ILT SET (O) Form
2. 2 Passports (1 + 1dependet)
3. 2 pictures (2 each for me and wife) 1 was returned)
4. Payslips = 3 months (Latest 3)
5. Bank statements = 3 months (Latest 3)
6. Letter from employer for absences
7. Letter from employer (current)
8. All P60s ( 1 P45)
9. Copies for passport + visa for lost Passport

If you need anything else then let me know.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:32 pm

allta wrote:I called the HMRC and they asked me to write a letter requesting employment history to show tax and earnings details since 2005.
This seems to be rather excessive to me, but I guess you cannot be too prepared :wink:
allta wrote:And I'm not sure if PEO will hold on to it.
They will not - they return all original documents.