ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Partner to Tier 1 (General) Main applicant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kapilc
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Partner to Tier 1 (General) Main applicant

Post by kapilc » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi, I am currently on tier 1 (general) partner visa and am looking to apply for tier 1 (general) visa as a main applicant. I understand that I need to leave UK and make this application from my own country. But my question is that I am currently working in UK, so do I need to quit my job in order to make this application or can I go to my country and apply without having to quit my job here? Please advise.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 (General) Partner to Tier 1 (General) Main applic

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:05 pm

kapilc wrote:Hi, I am currently on tier 1 (general) partner visa and am looking to apply for tier 1 (general) visa as a main applicant. I understand that I need to leave UK and make this application from my own country. But my question is that I am currently working in UK, so do I need to quit my job in order to make this application or can I go to my country and apply without having to quit my job here? Please advise.
You can go on leave for few weeks and apply for your tier1(G) Main and once approved come back and join ur job.. in worst case if rejected also u can come back and join ur job as it is before..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 (General) Partner to Tier 1 (General) Main applic

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:24 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:.. in worst case if rejected also u can come back and join ur job as it is before..
That is, if your Tier 1 (General) application is refused, you can re-enter UK on your dependent visa (which will remain valid if Tier 1 application is refused) and join work.

regards

kapilc
Newly Registered

Post by kapilc » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Hey, thanks for the replies. Even I was ideally thinking of doing this by taking leave from work. But my doubts were raised about having to quit my job, as I read in one of the posts that someone had resigned from his job in UK in order to go n apply for his visa from his country. I really hope that this is not required.