ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help !!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

luv
Newly Registered

Please Help !!!

Post by luv » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Dear All,

I would like to thank you in Advance for going through my querries & answering them. I am an Indian national. My wife is from Czech Republic & she is working in Czech Republic. I had applied for an EEA Family Permit which I have received today. It is valid for six months. On my passport it is mentioned as
Type:- VISA EEA FP : FAMILY MEMBER to acc (name of my wife)

1. I want to know whether it is necessary for me to go to UK only with my wife, I cant travel alone to UK?
2. Once I reach in UK what is the next step for me, How can I apply for Residence Permit which is valid for five years.
3. Do I need to apply for work permit also?
4. Once this visa on my passport which is valid for six months expires how can i apply for it again.

I am sorry but I am too confused about what should I do next.

I'll be very thankful & grateful to you all if you can answer my questions..

Best Regards,
Luv

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:30 pm

You can travel to UK on your own only if you wife is already in UK and in your case you can't travel without your wife.
Once you are in the UK you need to apply for a residence card using form EEA2 and you don't need work permit to work in UK.
With EEA family permit you are allowed to work in UK.

luv
Newly Registered

Post by luv » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:50 pm

rebel82 wrote:You can travel to UK on your own only if you wife is already in UK and in your case you can't travel without your wife.
Once you are in the UK you need to apply for a residence card using form EEA2 and you don't need work permit to work in UK.
Hi rebel82 thanks a ton to you for your prompt reply to my querries. I was just wondering if i can ask one more question my wife is studying here in czech republic, I will be alone in Uk still i am eligible to apply for Residence Permit. and in case if my visa expires after six months, what will be the process to apply for the family permit again? do i need to submit all the documents once again to get it.

thanks & regards,
Luv

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:03 pm

luv wrote:
rebel82 wrote:You can travel to UK on your own only if you wife is already in UK and in your case you can't travel without your wife.
Hi rebel82 thanks a ton to you for your prompt reply to my querries. I was just wondering if i can ask one more question my wife is studying here in czech republic, I will be alone in Uk still i am eligible to apply for Residence Permit. and in case if my visa expires after six months, what will be the process to apply for the family permit again? do i need to submit all the documents once again to get it.

thanks & regards,
Luv
Ur wife has to accompany you, ur right to live here derives from her right to live here, and if she's not doing it, neither can you.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Why not stay in Czech Republic ? I wouldn't marry a woman if after marriage, she stays in one country and I go to another. What for to marry then ?
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

luv
Newly Registered

Post by luv » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:42 pm

inwarsaw wrote:Why not stay in Czech Republic ? I wouldn't marry a woman if after marriage, she stays in one country and I go to another. What for to marry then ?
yes inwarsaw you are right but her course will be over by August'10, meanwhile she wanted me to go there and arrange flat, get a job for me so that she can come later and join me without any stress. :) Now since i know it is not possible to apply for residence permit without her being there. could u please tell me if my family visa expires how can i apply for that again do i need to submit all the documents again or it will be easier next time.

Thanks & Regards,
Luv

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:02 pm

I think yes but I am no expert so wait for others who know more to advise.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:03 pm

luv wrote:yes inwarsaw you are right but her course will be over by August'10, meanwhile she wanted me to go there and arrange flat, get a job for me so that she can come later and join me without any stress. :) Now since i know it is not possible to apply for residence permit without her being there. could u please tell me if my family visa expires how can i apply for that again do i need to submit all the documents again or it will be easier next time.

Thanks & Regards,
Luv
Firstly, you should have waited for her to (nearly) complete her course in Czech, before applying for the EEA FP!
As already explained, you are her dependant, and as such, can only accompany or join her in the UK!
You can apply for another EEA FP, no problem. But you will have to submit all the documents all over again! It doesn't get any easier, I'm afraid.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:24 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.