ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

So, has the Masters requirement been dropped?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GSOtodd

So, has the Masters requirement been dropped?

Post by GSOtodd » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:56 pm

If not, when will it be? I'm hoping to apply for some jobs with higher salary. I could them be qualified for the Tier 1 as I'll be making more money.
Andy

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: So, has the Masters requirement been dropped?

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:47 pm

GSOtodd wrote:If not, when will it be?.
If ..... and when UKBA decided to introduce the change(s)!!! So keep an eye on UKBA website ... that's the place you'll first know about it!

regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Especially in the current economic climate, it is highly unlikely that the Masters Degree requirement will be dropped from Tier 1 (General).
John

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:06 pm

John wrote:Especially in the current economic climate, it is highly unlikely that the Masters Degree requirement will be dropped from Tier 1 (General).
But MAC is suggesting the drop of master degree, it might get approved as in genaral the recommdations are made by MAC are approved.

npanglia

MAC recommendations likely to be implemented

Post by npanglia » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:35 am

John wrote:Especially in the current economic climate, it is highly unlikely that the Masters Degree requirement will be dropped from Tier 1 (General).
Well, if you see read through MAC report, dropping Master's Degree won't just ease the channels.

The current scenario is that any tom d%&^ harry, having any masters degree from unknown university is getting the visa, Although I am myself Masters but I have seen many bachelor degree holder who are really competent and can be regarded as high skilled.

Hence the report is to attract the best of the talent by adding an element of high salary. Since high salary is correlated to high skills of individual. Also the salary slabs are at a higher sides, which will tighten the grip instead. Hence very much likely for these recommendation to be introduced.

Interesting will be to see the new salary multiplier to be introduced, that might change complete rules of the game.