ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding passport rules

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arianharry
Newly Registered

Regarding passport rules

Post by arianharry » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:48 pm

Hello ALL,

I am in the process of applying Tier-1-General in February or March at max from India.

The only question at the present moment is that, IS THERE ANY PARTICULAR GUIDELINES REGARDING THE "PASSPORT EXPIRY " set by UK-BA??

I have the passport which expires on Aug-2013, so i just want if someone can clarify my this doubt to best of his/her knowledge. Seniors kindly help.

And if possible than kindly provide me the source(or link) of the reply.

Thanks alot.

Rgds
h @rry

------------------------
JST ANOTHER GUY
------------------------

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:07 pm

The passport should have minimum 6months validity by the time you apply for Visa

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:55 pm

this question has already answered,

If you are concerned how come the visa will be valid if the passport expires after six months, for instance you have validity on ur passport is for one year, and they give you three years visa. Then you visa still be valid even after the expiry of the passport, what you will do after a year just get a new passport and attach to the old one bearing the visa.

Hope it helps.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Regarding passport rules

Post by yasa » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:22 pm

arianharry wrote:Hello ALL,

I am in the process of applying Tier-1-General in February or March at max from India.

The only question at the present moment is that, IS THERE ANY PARTICULAR GUIDELINES REGARDING THE "PASSPORT EXPIRY " set by UK-BA??

I have the passport which expires on Aug-2013, so i just want if someone can clarify my this doubt to best of his/her knowledge. Seniors kindly help.

And if possible than kindly provide me the source(or link) of the reply.

Thanks alot.

Rgds
h @rry

------------------------
JST ANOTHER GUY
------------------------
u've got enough time on your passport
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

arianharry
Newly Registered

Regarding Tax deduction and proof

Post by arianharry » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:51 am

Thanks everybdy for helping me on the above topic of "passport".

Kindly make your available to answer my next query too :)

This is regarding TAX DEDUCTIONS.

As i said i would be applying shorty at max by feb'2010-end.
So i would be providing the ITR acknowledgement for the year FY 2008-2009.

But what about the present FY of 2009-2010 ?
Although i have all the tax deduction listings on my pay slip itself. Everything in details as per the specific format of my company.

Will this would be ok to justify the tax deductions for the present FY or do i need to provide any other document too?

I am planning to get the letter from the company to confirm my previous earning and the tax deduction for the FY 2009-2010.

Is there anything else required to be on safer side?

Kindly answer.

Thanks
h @rry

push
United Kingdom

Re: Regarding Tax deduction and proof

Post by push » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:17 pm

arianharry wrote:Thanks everybdy for helping me on the above topic of "passport".

Kindly make your available to answer my next query too :)

This is regarding TAX DEDUCTIONS.

As i said i would be applying shorty at max by feb'2010-end.
So i would be providing the ITR acknowledgement for the year FY 2008-2009.

But what about the present FY of 2009-2010 ?
Although i have all the tax deduction listings on my pay slip itself. Everything in details as per the specific format of my company.

Will this would be ok to justify the tax deductions for the present FY or do i need to provide any other document too?

I am planning to get the letter from the company to confirm my previous earning and the tax deduction for the FY 2009-2010.

Is there anything else required to be on safer side?

Kindly answer.

Thanks
h @rry
why are you providing ITR acknowledgment? Have you read the guidance notes carefully?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

arianharry
Newly Registered

Post by arianharry » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:40 pm

Hii Push,

I have read it and this is what mentioned at page-25 of Tier-1 general guidance:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iv) the tax authority or employer, showing earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year. For these purposes, we define official tax documents as: ............

And at page-27:

"Employees who receive a salary:
A salaried employee could provide a combination of:
personal bank statements covering the full • 12-month earnings period;
and either:
payslips for the full 12-month earnings • period; or a letter from their employer.•
(We consider that payslips and letters from an employer are from the same source and an applicant should therefore not provide a combination of these two types of document.)"

I can read that they havent mentioned anything abt Tax of last FY , but just on the safer side i mentioned that i would be showing the ITR of FY-08-09.

But how about the present FY? Jst an employee letter would do or anything else?

Kindly clarify me.

Thanks
h @rry

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:48 pm

arianharry wrote:Hii Push,

I have read it and this is what mentioned at page-25 of Tier-1 general guidance:
iv) the tax authority or employer, showing earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year. For these purposes, we define official tax documents as: ............

And at page-27:

"Employees who receive a salary:
A salaried employee could provide a combination of:
personal bank statements covering the full • 12-month earnings period;
and either:
payslips for the full 12-month earnings • period; or a letter from their employer.•
(We consider that payslips and letters from an employer are from the same source and an applicant should therefore not provide a combination of these two types of document.)"

I can read that they havent mentioned anything abt Tax of last FY , but just on the safer side i mentioned that i would be showing the ITR of FY-08-09.

But how about the present FY? Jst an employee letter would do or anything else?

Kindly clarify me.

Thanks
h @rry
The best bet is to go with the combination of pay slips and bank statements or letter from employer + bank statements. Tax return period may not necessarily coincide with the period you intend to claim earnings for. Secondly - not all elements of your gross salary (normally) are shown in the tax returns; lastly - amount credited to the Bank account could be different from the post tax amount as shown in thetax returns
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:01 pm

push wrote:The best bet is to go with the combination of pay slips and bank statements or letter from employer + bank statements. Tax return period may not necessarily coincide with the period you intend to claim earnings for. Secondly - not all elements of your gross salary (normally) are shown in the tax returns; lastly - amount credited to the Bank account could be different from the post tax amount as shown in thetax returns
Completely agree with push regarding Earnings proof.. the above is the best option..

Few applicants outside uk few times mentioned that they were asked to submit 3yrs I.T returns.. maybe u r talking about this?? but for earnings, just follOw push's advice

arianharry
Newly Registered

Post by arianharry » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:38 am

Thanks Push and Ramesh for your helpful answers.

yes ramesh you are correct, i read at lot of places that guys(at India) attaching ITR of last FY too, so this query popped into my mind.

And can you guys provide me the template of the employer letter? any link to it?

Thanks
h @rry

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:45 am

arianharry wrote:Thanks Push and Ramesh for your helpful answers.

yes ramesh you are correct, i read at lot of places that guys(at India) attaching ITR of last FY too, so this query popped into my mind.

And can you guys provide me the template of the employer letter? any link to it?

Thanks
h @rry
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

arianharry
Newly Registered

Post by arianharry » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:10 am

thanks "aruni4470"...
I have already downloaded it but just wanted to confirm w.r.t to the tax things.

Thanks alot:)

h @rry

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:50 am

arianharry wrote: i read at lot of places that guys(at India) attaching ITR of last FY too, so this query popped into my mind.
If you have ur IT returns documents attach them with ur application but dont mix it with or provide it as one of the evidences for Earnngs.. as its better to stick to PUSH's option for the earnings proof..

arianharry
Newly Registered

Post by arianharry » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:17 am

Thanks everybody for the great advice.

Rgds
h @rry