ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mumbai/India - Tier1 application queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b.victor72
Newly Registered

Mumbai/India - Tier1 application queries

Post by b.victor72 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi Guys,

I plan to apply for Tier - 1 Visa for UK. I had a couple of queries.

1) Maintenance funds proof- I have come across many threads where the application was rejected as the statements did not bear official logo.

I have an account in ICICI where the funds are present.Problem being , they do not provide statements on official stationary. What they do provide is a statement on toilet paper ( Print out on dot matrix printer) :)

More over they have refused to provide a official statement citing the balance as not gone below xxxx Rs.

Online statements are a joke, they don't bear any identification either.

So what i need to do is tackle this as smoothly as possible.

- I wanted to know if they bank does issue statement on their stationary... I have tried a couple of branches , but it was not entertained.

Will the following be acceptable?

- Duplicate statements via snail-mail do have the bank logo , but that's only on the first two pages. If the statement is 5 pages long , the logo appears only on the summary and on the page where the detailed statement begins.

So what i plan is the following.

Duplicate statements* ( received by post ) stamped by ICICI branch. And a covering letter on official stationary supporting its validity.

2) My salary does cover the maintenance funds.
I.e i can show that the salary paid out to me is greater than the cut-off for funds mentioned. But i actually have a lump-sum amount deposited into my account which qualifies me for the same. This has come from a family member. Can this cause a problem?

3) Submission of passport - If i understand correctly the process is about a month. The nature of travel in my organization is pretty ad-hoc. If i need to undergo travel .. is there any way to untie them? Can any one shed their recent turnover times ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:41 am

1. Maintenance funds documentary evidence - Follow the policy guidance to the T! I can't say how you go about arranging the said documents exactly in the format as the policy guidance dictates ... but you need them if you do not want to risk a refusal. A recent case with (as you said) "toilet paper" statements.
2. Maintenance funds - What is important is that you've held the required amount of funds (e.g. GBP 2800) for 3 months. Whether you show these from salary account or another account or a combination of multiple accounts is immaterial.
3. Passport - No.

Out-of-country application Processing Time

regards

b.victor72
Newly Registered

Post by b.victor72 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks for the reply sush!

I worked my way through numerous ICICI branches and finally located one which would provide me a statement on letter head :)
So that seems covered

Some more questions : -

1) Just to confirm that for salary earnings we are good if we provide pay slips and bank statements.

The problem i am facing is that the earnings i am claiming is across financial years. (Feb 08 - Jan 09) Hence i cannot furnish the Return files for the same. I.e the new filing takes place around march.

2) What is Original academic transcript: Is this same as Indian mark sheets ?

Need to confirm the following :

1) Since i am already a masters , i need to confirm i need to provide certificate/mark sheets only for the above and not for undergraduation etc.

2) My degree is available in the drop down at points calculator... this should be sufficient to claim points for english , right ?

Thanks!

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Mehta Saab:

Please clarify this :

For maintenance funds > is it okay to give in the statements only from bank on official stationery ? or do i need a letter as well from the bank for it mentioning that the funds were maintained at a particular amount (balance certificate) in the bank.. it is visible from the statements i guess.. ( I feel .. pratyaksha ko pramaan ki kya zaroorat hai ?)

Please advise..

Thanks!
sushdmehta wrote:1. Maintenance funds documentary evidence - Follow the policy guidance to the T! I can't say how you go about arranging the said documents exactly in the format as the policy guidance dictates ... but you need them if you do not want to risk a refusal. A recent case with (as you said) "toilet paper" statements.
2. Maintenance funds - What is important is that you've held the required amount of funds (e.g. GBP 2800) for 3 months. Whether you show these from salary account or another account or a combination of multiple accounts is immaterial.
3. Passport - No.

Out-of-country application Processing Time

regards

b.victor72
Newly Registered

Post by b.victor72 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:07 pm

*Bump* Due to a little urgency :)

b.victor72
Newly Registered

Post by b.victor72 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 pm

b.victor72 wrote:Thanks for the reply sush!

I worked my way through numerous ICICI branches and finally located one which would provide me a statement on letter head :)
So that seems covered

Some more questions : -

1) Just to confirm that for salary earnings we are good if we provide pay slips and bank statements.

The problem i am facing is that the earnings i am claiming is across financial years. (Feb 08 - Jan 09) Hence i cannot furnish the Return files for the same. I.e the new filing takes place around march.

2) What is Original academic transcript: Is this same as Indian mark sheets ?

Need to confirm the following :

1) Since i am already a masters , i need to confirm i need to provide certificate/mark sheets only for the above and not for undergraduation etc.

2) My degree is available in the drop down at points calculator... this should be sufficient to claim points for english , right ?

Thanks!
For point 2. : I could select my degree (in points calculator) while claiming points for english language. So is this sufficient? Can any one here confirm if they did not face issue with a masters from mumbai univ ?

For maintenence funds, how are they to be entered in form ? indian rupees /pounds ? (since bank statements show Indian rupees in balance) ... Do i neeed to do any thing for conversion or is it handled by them? Since unlike the entry for earnings , i don't see where i can specify a conversion factor if specifing the above in inr.

Guys , plz assist....running out of time.. :roll: