ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligible date of application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

navnas

Eligible date of application

Post by navnas » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi Guys ,

got a very critical question and will appreciate if you can give advise ,

due to apply for naturalisation on 17/02/10 through NCS

based on my 1st entry date 17/02/05 on HSMP JR

can i take NCS appointment for 16/02/10 with NCS and will i still qualify??

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:21 am

Hi navnas,

You can only go to the NCS on or after the date of your eligibility, so please go on 17/02.

Regards - Spartac.

navnas

Post by navnas » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Spartac wrote:Hi navnas,

You can only go to the NCS on or after the date of your eligibility, so please go on 17/02.

Regards - Spartac.
Thanks for the reply . am a bit confused as below is what is on UKBA website ,
[The residential qualifying period will be worked out from the day we receive your application. Most unsuccessful applications fail because the applicant was not present in the United Kingdom at the beginning of the residential qualifying period. You must make sure you meet this requirement before you make your application. For example, if we received your application on 25 November 2005, you would have to show that you were in the United Kingdom on 26 November 2000.]

based on this i thought if i should be fine if i get the NCS appointment on 16/02/05 as anyways it will be recieved by HO next day ...

may be iam missing some thing here ??

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:20 pm

navnas -

Not sure if you are the same person who had mentioned a short window of 17-24 Feb. If yes, then there's a chance your application may be officially received by UKBA outside of this window. Let me explain:
- my understanding is that you can't meet with NCS until you are 'eligible', i.e. 17-Feb in your case.
- based on my experience and that of others, it could take 5-6 working days from the day when NCS send out your application for it to be 'seen' by UKBA, i.e. officially received by them.
- this could mean your application may go beyond the 24-Feb date.

If you are prepared to take this chance, that's fine. Otherwise, it's best to apply later in March when you have a clear window of dates.

All the best.

navnas

Post by navnas » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:51 pm

global gypsy wrote:navnas -

Not sure if you are the same person who had mentioned a short window of 17-24 Feb. If yes, then there's a chance your application may be officially received by UKBA outside of this window. Let me explain:
- my understanding is that you can't meet with NCS until you are 'eligible', i.e. 17-Feb in your case.
- based on my experience and that of others, it could take 5-6 working days from the day when NCS send out your application for it to be 'seen' by UKBA, i.e. officially received by them.
- this could mean your application may go beyond the 24-Feb date.

If you are prepared to take this chance, that's fine. Otherwise, it's best to apply later in March when you have a clear window of dates.

All the best.
Hi there ,

thanks for the reply . u r spot on iam the same guy .I was also thinking the same if HO considers the date of application as the reciept date in the postal room or when they acknolwedge or start looking at it .

I called Nationality help line yesterday and asked the same ... the reply i got from the lady then was that its the reciept date as per their postal room ...... but u are right this is not 100% and i might not be lucky ...

thats why i wanted to check if i could take NCS appointment a day before i.e on 16/02/10 ....

out of curiosity what if the application is rejected in my case due to this ...do i need to then re-apply or will they offer me a re-declaration ???

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Eligible date of application

Post by f2k » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:47 pm

navnas wrote:Hi Guys ,

got a very critical question and will appreciate if you can give advise ,

due to apply for naturalisation on 17/02/10 through NCS

based on my 1st entry date 17/02/05 on HSMP JR

can i take NCS appointment for 16/02/10 with NCS and will i still qualify??
i believe you can go to NCS on the 16/2/10, UKBA will then recieve it on or after 17/2/10. Infact you may even attend NCS before 16/2/10 and they wont send it to UKBA until such that UKBA receive it on 17/2/10

Best to call your local NCS centre to confirm what they allow. in any case you need to have booked your appointment round about now anyway (seeing 16/2/10 is only 2 weeks away) otherwise this debate might end being just academic