ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dean_axe
Newly Registered

ILR Application

Post by Dean_axe » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:41 pm

Out of Interest,

I will be appling for ILR in Jan 2007 but have 2 questions. I am here on an ancestral visa.

1) Does it matter if you are in any debt? "nothing too big"
2) I am going to be asking my girlfriend to marry me, should i mention this?

We are planning to buy a house at the end of this year. All of the saving will be going into the deposit for the house. Will this count agains me? I have read that you need at arround £10000 - £15000

Thanks in advance for the help

maple leaf

Re: ILR Application

Post by maple leaf » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:33 pm

I have read that you need at arround £10000 - £15000
Where is this from? Who makes this uncertain thing?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:02 pm

Hiya, I've just recently successfully applied for ILR at Croydon (13th January 2006) after being in the UK for 4 years on a work permit working for one employer.

I was particularly nervous about the bank statement requirement as I have no savings and my bank statement only showed a balance of £70! However I can confirm that this appeared to be no problem. The IO looked at my statements and appeared to be satisfied by them. I must add though that although the overall balance in my account was low, I have a regular income coming into my account every month and I suspect that this is what they are looking for. In addition I always showed him my payslips which confirmed my regular monthly income.

All in all, it was £500 well spent!

maple leaf

Post by maple leaf » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:58 pm

Dawie wrote:Hiya, I've just recently successfully applied for ILR at Croydon (13th January 2006) after being in the UK for 4 years on a work permit working for one employer.

I was particularly nervous about the bank statement requirement as I have no savings and my bank statement only showed a balance of £70! However I can confirm that this appeared to be no problem. The IO looked at my statements and appeared to be satisfied by them. I must add though that although the overall balance in my account was low, I have a regular income coming into my account every month and I suspect that this is what they are looking for. In addition I always showed him my payslips which confirmed my regular monthly income.

All in all, it was £500 well spent!
Congratulations! May I ask your net monthly wage?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:46 pm

My net salary was about £1600 pounds. I would also like to add that although the ILR application does not mention it as a required document, I was asked to produce my original work permit. Luckily I brought it with me as I'd read of this happening on an earlier post in this forum. So be warned, they may ask you for your work permit, so bring it and all other previous home office correspondence, just to be sure.