ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving work experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iforget
Newly Registered

Proving work experience

Post by iforget » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:12 am

Hello,

Is there an alternative to "letter from employer that lists day to day job responsibilities and major accomplishments"?

The reason I am asking this is because I am employed with big blue for the last 6.5 years and generally there is lot of red tape in getting anything signed by management that is not HR approved. I can get a standard official letter that will list my title, duration of my employment, annual salary + benefits. As far as I understand from this board, this letter will not be enough.

Any advise?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:36 am

Getting a proper experience letter from your employer is the best course. Anything else and you take the risk of the case worker not giving due importance to the documentation you submit. That could for example be a letter written/signed by a senior who is not neccesarily from the management submitted along with the official letter that you obtain from your HR.

Is it possible for you to explain to the HR and/or the management the nature and the reason for getting your experience letter without jeprodising your job?

iforget
Newly Registered

Post by iforget » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 am

Thanks for quick response.

To answer your question: Unfortunately I can't say if it is risky or not till I ask and that might put me in odd situation.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:01 am

How many points do you want to claim for work experience. Given that you have 6.5 years, I am assuming you are looking for maximum points.

You might still get points but only for graduate level work experience and have to settle for that.

iforget
Newly Registered

Post by iforget » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:40 pm

I'll barely make 65 with showing 5 years of experience.

15 for BSc (USA)
25 for 5 years of graduate level work (Network Analyst/Manager) -- would this be OK with official standard template letter?
25 for earnings

Is the border line OK?

Jeff Albright

Re: Proving work experience

Post by Jeff Albright » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:29 pm

You need to persuade your immediate manager to write a testimonial for you stating in every little detail your duties, achievements, significance of your work and place it on the company's letterhead.
It is tricky, because of the restrictive policies of many companies to provide personal references. You need to explain what this testimonial is for. Sometimes, the companies may agree to these requests if they know exactly who they are writing to. You might want to ask your manager to write the address of HSMP on the letter and send this letter to HSMP by themselves. You may have to make several approaches to different people within your company. Unfortunately, this is what will be required from you if you want to get points under the Work Experience section in your HSMP application. Explain this to them, bring the application form with you to them. Eventually, they will have to understand.
Keep trying and don't give up!