ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP, Salary, ILR, taxes and bank account - Totally Confused.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

principium

WP, Salary, ILR, taxes and bank account - Totally Confused.

Post by principium » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:38 pm

Guys,

I think I have found an employer who is willing to apply for a WP on my behalf but because the company is tight on finances at the moment, and the employment comes from my initiative, they cannot pay me at the moment any money (only in 6 months time).

If I agree to this, I am thinking of the consequences of such a decision.

First is Inland Revenue. I will stop paying taxes to Inland Revenue, they will want to know whether I left the country or not and will make enquiry into Home Office? Do you think this scenario may happen?

Second, if I apply in 3 years time for ILR, I will have to apply with a new passport (which I will change next year because the current one expires and it will need to be destroyed). Of course the new passport will not have all the entrance and exit marks from the old passport and it means that I will have to prove that I was not outside UK for more than 3 months for the time I held a WP on my old passport, which is now. In that case, I will have to prove that I contsantly was here and show my payslips.... and they will see this 6 months gap. Or do you think that just a bank account which would state my expenditures of the period (and note! - not income from my job) would be enough? Or a letter from a previous employer?

Many thanks.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:21 pm

my understanding is tha you are already working on a work permit(for the past one year) in the UK.

i know for a fact that some one who had been between jobs in the UK for quite a while(few months), wand hence was an illegal, applied for a ILR at the end of 4 years and was granted ILR. i think the home office just look up the last 6 months using bank statement and pay slips.

principium

Post by principium » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:32 pm

Thanks for your reply.

yes, I know that! But because I will have to change passport, and the passport that I am currently on will be desytroyed, they may wish to see another proof pf my @being here not living the country within 3 months@... and ask me to produce bank statements as a proof.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:38 pm

why will your passport be destroyed

with indian passports e.g. they return the passport with cancelled stamped on the used pages.

you can always photocopy your current (to be destroyed(?)) passport and get it attested by a solicitor

principium

Post by principium » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:41 pm

rogerroger wrote:why will your passport be destroyed

with indian passports e.g. they return the passport with cancelled stamped on the used pages.

you can always photocopy your current (to be destroyed(?)) passport and get it attested by a solicitor

I will think about this option. How much can you legally be between jobs?
And I think though your friend was between jobs, he still had a work permit during this period?

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:46 pm

i am not sure how long was he between jobs
but he was without a work permit during this time

principium

Post by principium » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:49 pm

Ok, but then his LTR was expiring later than his WP, right?

He is lucky that when he was issued a new work permit, no one noticed that.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:01 pm

yes i think his LTR was expiring later than his work permit. besides that he had been laid of a year ito the job, so he had about 3-4 years left on his LTR

maple leaf

Post by maple leaf » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:22 pm

rogerroger wrote:yes i think his LTR was expiring later than his work permit. besides that he had been laid of a year ito the job, so he had about 3-4 years left on his LTR
It seems that the point is to get a job at the last couple of months close to four year end.