ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

8 days Overstay on top of 28 days-Problem?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dtjesus

8 days Overstay on top of 28 days-Problem?

Post by dtjesus » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi,
I withdrew my Tier 1 General application here in UK on 14th Jan 2010 with no remaining leave. I understand that i have till 11th Feb(28 days) to leave the country. Since the withdrawal my passport has been with the Canadian high commission for issuance of a PR Visa which i will receive just a few days before 11th feb.

I need to find out how much serious will an ovestay of a few days(lets say 8 or 9 days) be taken when i leave, considering i will have to book flight when i get the passport back and the flight date could well be a week after the 28 days deadline.

Any clues?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 am

What's a PR visa?

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:25 pm

PR = Permanent Residence

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:48 am

Unless your overstay is picked on when you depart, and they decide to serve you with papers as an overstayer, I don't think there will be anything on record. But I don't think they would bother over an overstay of such a brief period.

Even if that did happen, the worst possible scenario is a 1-year ban from applying for a visa or re-entering the UK. But after that, if you're settled in Canada, there would be little reason to refuse you entry to the UK.

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:52 am

Mr Rusty wrote:Unless your overstay is picked on when you depart, and they decide to serve you with papers as an overstayer, I don't think there will be anything on record. But I don't think they would bother over an overstay of such a brief period.

Even if that did happen, the worst possible scenario is a 1-year ban from applying for a visa or re-entering the UK. But after that, if you're settled in Canada, there would be little reason to refuse you entry to the UK.
agreed
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....