ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chedz
Newly Registered

Fiancee Visa

Post by Chedz » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:33 pm

My Ukrainian girlfiend and I will be visiting the British Embassy in Kiev to apply for her Fiancee Visa next month. As I understand it (from previous post) we then have 6 months to either marry or she must return to Ukraine. After we are married she then must apply for a 2 year extension to her visa. My question is regarding trips back to Ukraine to visit family and friends. At what stage are we permitted to return to the Ukraine and, if possible, will we require any further Visa approval? The trips would only be for a week or so a couple if times per year. Any advice welcome[/b]

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:12 pm

Chedz, both the fiancée visa and the subsequent spouse visa will be multi-entry. Accordingly there is no problem her leaving the UK and then re-entering ... to resume her residence here.

Problems might only start to arrive if it becomes clear that she is using her settlement-type visa as a glorified visitor's visa, but from what you post, that will not be the case.

And whilst your :-
question is regarding trips back to Ukraine to visit family and friends
-: exactly the same applies if (armed with a Schengen visa is her passport) the two of you have a weekend in Paris, or whatever. That is, no way is she tied to the UK.
John

Chedz
Newly Registered

Post by Chedz » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:51 pm

John,

many thanks

Chedz