ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we require to show £533 in the bank account for infant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gopikrishnakishore
Newly Registered

Do we require to show £533 in the bank account for infant

Post by gopikrishnakishore » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi,

I am Gopikrishna & planning to get my family (my wife & son {8months}) here to UK. I have being maintaining the amount £533 in my bank account from past 3 months. I'm now confused whether is it mandatory to maintain £533 even for my son who is 8months old.

Please clarify ASAP.

Thanks in Advance.

Gopikrishna

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Yes Gopikrishna. You have to show maintenance funds for all those who will be applying as your dependent.

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:59 pm

How did you come up with £533?

Is it your surplus (per month?) after paying all your expenses or what you are left with just after paying your rent and council tax?

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:03 pm

By the way, what is your visa status in the UK and for how long you've been living in this country?

Normally different visa categories and length of stay determine how much maintenance funds you need to show.

gopikrishnakishore
Newly Registered

Thanks for your responses

Post by gopikrishnakishore » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:05 pm

I am here on Tier2 Intra company transfer visa staying here from past 1year i.e .from Dec28th 2008.

I have one more quiry regarding dependant visa process i.e.
For the last 3 months i was maintaining aroung £1500 in my account but in the month of november till 15th i have only £600 but from then onwards i.e november 16th onwards till date i was maintaining £1500.

Can i start the dependant visa process with the above bank statements.

Thanks in advance.

Gopikrishna

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Family member of a Tier 2 Migrant wrote: 45. The family member of the Tier 2 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.
46. This requirement can be met by:
• having savings of £533 which must have been held for at least three months prior to the date of application; or
• the Tier 2 A-rated sponsor providing a written undertaking that, should it become necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the family member until the end of the first month of employment. The undertaking may be limited provided the limit is at least £533 per family member.
47. For example, the Tier 2 Migrant is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £533 for his/her spouse and a further £533 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require
evidence that they hold £2399 in available funds (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800).
48. However, a family member of a Tier 2 Migrant is only required to provide evidence that he/she meets the maintenance requirement when the Tier 2 Migrant is also required to meet the maintenance requirement.
49. For example, where the Tier 2 Migrant is submitting an application because he/she is changing employment within Tier 2, neither the Tier 2 Migrant nor any family member is required to submit evidence that they meet the maintenance requirement.
50. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 2 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:04 pm

The required amount must be held for at least 3 months immediately prior to the application (not even on a single day should the balance fall below the required amount.

IMHO, you need 800 (self) + 533 (spouse) + 533 (child) = 1866.

regards

gopikrishnakishore
Newly Registered

Thanks for your valuable answers

Post by gopikrishnakishore » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Thanks for your quicky & informative answers.

Thanks again
Gopikrishna

remie.antao
Newly Registered

533 or more

Post by remie.antao » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi

I am about to apply PSW dependant visa for my wife from India
and I have already completed one year in the UK..

how much money should I show?

waiting for a reply

cheers