ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hangermajor
Newly Registered

Re: average waiting time? set (o) 10 years long residence

Post by hangermajor » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 am

kingie67 wrote:
hangermajor wrote:please can anyone tell me what is the average time to get ur passport back applying for 10 years long residence application? Thanks in advance....
Hello Hangermajor
Please refer to my earlier post with the list of people who have applied under this category. If you want you can send us details of when you applied - we can then add you to the growing list of applicants
Dear kingie67
I applied on 10 years rule , set(o)....
posted documents- 17th sep 2009
received by home office- 18th sep 2009
money deducted on the same day , issued letter date of acknowledgement is 18th sep 2009by croydon home office but got letter on 21 sep 2009.

since then no response so i called them on 26th jan 2010 to home office , they said its not completed yet.

i have a problem because my visa ends on 28th feb 2010 so is of my wife. i did not send my wife passport as the lawyer said ur visa will come within 3 months and once u get ur ilr u can send ur wife as a dependent visa. it has not come yet so i am planning to send my wife back home at the end of next month ,,,,,,it is very sad ,,,,,,,she will have to leave me as well her good job.

i had given my lawyer money for the premium service but he said that he could not get an appointment , now i think that was an excuse ,,,, because in the beginning he said i can get appointment in a week and when i paid him his fees he changed his mind and said lets post it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he is playing games

my 3 friends who applied at premium service got on the same day , they did apply 2 in december ist week and one in november ...... i did apply before them and i have nothing and they are happy ,,,,,i am happy for them as i suggested them another lawyer and did it on the same day ,,,,,,,,,i tried to help others but i have not achieved nothing? i am so frustrated? my case is straightforward ,no gaps , renewed visa before time and so on ,,,,,,,,,but still waiting? god help me???????????????????

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Is there anything we can do if the application goes over 6 months? I mean each time i called the home office they say that its still with in the 6 months processsing time. After 6 months do they give more information?

Also, can we ask for compensation if its more than 6 months and a staightforward application?

hangermajor
Newly Registered

Post by hangermajor » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:36 pm

terriblefish wrote:Is there anything we can do if the application goes over 6 months? I mean each time i called the home office they say that its still with in the 6 months processsing time. After 6 months do they give more information?

Also, can we ask for compensation if its more than 6 months and a staightforward application?
I think we cannot do nothing about this ,,,,,,,,only wait and wait ,,,,,,,,,,,,,we cannot withdraw the case or getting the help from lawyer or mp will help ? in some cases it has gone worst if you take a help of mp ,,,,,,,, so it is better to wait and suffer.............rather than getting rejection.............. I really feel sorry for all of us ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very sad and torture position,,,,, i hope nobody should face this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:20 pm

hangermajor wrote:
terriblefish wrote:Is there anything we can do if the application goes over 6 months? I mean each time i called the home office they say that its still with in the 6 months processsing time. After 6 months do they give more information?

I think we cannot do nothing about this ,,,,,,,,only wait and wait ,,,,,,,,,,,,,we cannot withdraw the case or getting the help from lawyer or mp will help ? in some cases it has gone worst if you take a help of mp ,,,,,,,, so it is better to wait and suffer.............rather than getting rejection.............. I really feel sorry for all of us ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very sad and torture position,,,,, i hope nobody should face this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
@ hangermajor... Your post kinda makes me sad :(. You seem very upset. I know and understand how you are feeling but i think you seem to be worrying a bit much and letting it get to you. Its unfortunate they seem to seat on the 10yr long residence application and i really don't think that getting your MP involved will lead to your application getting rejected. Unless UKBA can explicitly prove that you don't not meet the immigration requirements; they Absolutely can not refuse you for trying to get an update on your application.

We all just have to wait our turn. Its like one of the posters in here did not get their passport back till they contacted their MP. ILR was issued in October 2009, yet he did not receive his Passport till Jan 2010. when he called he was told not completed yet. its the standard answer they give. If he did not get his MP involved he would have still been *waiting and suffering in silence for God knows how long due to fear of rejection*.

I really do urge every who has waited past the 14wk mark to contact their MP. I waited till about 20wks before contacting My MP *still waiting for feedback*. If we all did that they surely will not Auto Reject and Auto Delay all of our Applications. If we are all delayed whose application will they be dealing with, and it will just lead to unnecessary backlog.

Keep the Faith and try to stay positive. At least Now you know there are others in the situation with you. we can call support each other here. Those of us still waiting from August Applications.

So just don't worry and stress yourself about a situation you have absolutely no control over... Its total waste of energy... Stay positive, can never say that enough :). Its hard but you just have to keep it Trucking. In no time it will be all over.

rajeshckk
Newly Registered

MY PR /ILR status

Post by rajeshckk » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:21 pm

I want to know the actual status for the people applied for ILR . In my case this is status.

Applied on .. 25th Nov 2009

Received letter - 30thNov 2009.

Payment taken on 28th Nov 2009

Still waiting for response from Home office

CLS
Newly Registered

Re: MY PR /ILR status

Post by CLS » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:15 pm

rajeshckk wrote:I want to know the actual status for the people applied for ILR . In my case this is status.

Applied on .. 25th Nov 2009

Received letter - 30thNov 2009.

Payment taken on 28th Nov 2009

Still waiting for response from Home office
Hello, rajeshckk-

Did you apply under the 10 year long residence rule?

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:02 pm

I just received a letter from my MP enclosed another letter from HO.

HO basically says on the letter that my application has been forwarded to appropriate caseworking unit for consideration. They aim to complete 95% of applications made on this basis within six months, they cannot guarantee that an application will be considered within this timescale. This is particularly the case if an applicant has a complex immigration history or if further enquiries need to be made. They say my application will be considered as soon as possible, although they are not able to give an indication as to when this will be.

rajj
Newly Registered

ilr 10 year rule

Post by rajj » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:00 pm

Dear All
it is so disheartening to see you all still waiting for your vsas. waiting beyond six months is just a joke.
hope it will be sorted out soon.
best of luck
bye

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:11 pm

taylondon wrote:I just received a letter from my MP enclosed another letter from HO.

HO basically says on the letter that my application has been forwarded to appropriate caseworking unit for consideration. They aim to complete 95% of applications made on this basis within six months, they cannot guarantee that an application will be considered within this timescale. This is particularly the case if an applicant has a complex immigration history or if further enquiries need to be made. They say my application will be considered as soon as possible, although they are not able to give an indication as to when this will be.
so basically.... Not completed yet, Just using more words!! Doesn't even say if you have been assigned a casework or not, Just that its with the Appropriate caseworking unit... This is really so depressing. But as you as slightly still within 6 months lets not give up just yet!

terriblefish

Re: ilr 10 year rule

Post by terriblefish » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:31 pm

rajj wrote:Dear All
it is so disheartening to see you all still waiting for your vsas. waiting beyond six months is just a joke.
hope it will be sorted out soon.
best of luck
bye
Thank you Rajj.
: )

princely
Newly Registered

Post by princely » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:42 pm

[quote="princely"]Sent my postal application SET (M) 26/10/2009
Application received 27/10/2009
Payment gone through 07/11/2009
Acknowledgement received 08/11/2009
Still waiting........ :D

Hi guys,
I understand that it takes some time before you received back your documents after a decision by the case worker.
Any idea of how long it usually takes before you get back your passport and your document ?

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:50 pm

princely wrote:
princely wrote:Sent my postal application SET (M) 26/10/2009

Hi guys,
I understand that it takes some time before you received back your documents after a decision by the case worker.
Any idea of how long it usually takes before you get back your passport and your document ?
The wait is not after a caseworker has made a decision. The wait is Between Sending you Application and getting assigned a caseworker to decide on your application... and that is like asking how long is a piece of string... answer depends on the length of the string in question. Just have to wait i guess each case is different.

oba
Newly Registered

GLORY BE TO GOD -ILR RECEIVED

Post by oba » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:09 pm

19/11/09 - 2 SET O FORM SENT - JR

24/11/09 - £820 TAKEN FROM ACCOUNT

26/11/09 - ACK. LETTER RECEIVED

25/01/ 10 - SET 0 FORM FOR DEP. OVER 18 RETURNED FROM H O

FEE NOT RECIEVED

26/01 /10 - ANOTHER SET O COMPLETED AND SENT TO H O

01/02/10 PASSPORT RECIEVED STAMPED WITH ILR 27/01/10

01/02/10 - PAYMENT OF £820 FOR DEP OVER 18 YRS TAKEN .

WAITING FOR DEPENDANT OVER PASSPORT ....

princely
Newly Registered

Post by princely » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:00 pm

oluwa112 wrote:
princely wrote:
princely wrote:Sent my postal application SET (M) 26/10/2009

Hi guys,
The wait is not after a caseworker has made a decision. The wait is Between Sending you Application and getting assigned a caseworker to decide on your application... and that is like asking how long is a piece of string... answer depends on the length of the string in question. Just have to wait i guess each case is different.
Thanks mate, I rang to effect a change of my address today and I was told that decission has been made on my application since 16th of last month and my document is now in care of Secure Mail Services (Courier).
Could it still be in HO since 16th of January even though decission has been made?
I was even given the item reference no but the phone no I had for Secure Mail Services would not go.
Any help would be appreciated.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:14 pm

@ Princley... Thats great that a decision has been made. "Hope and Pray that it is Good News"

Looking at the secure mail website its seems the week that they sent out your application was when there was bad weather... U should be able to use their website to track your passport and if its a correct reference number you should be able to actually set up re-delivery.

http://www.thedx.co.uk/customerservice/ ... p/booking/

P.S Secure Mail is now trading as theDX... so don't worry about the company name on the site! I am familiar with them cos they are the company the US Embassy Uses to sent out passports.

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

Post by Procrastinator » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:07 am

Hello everyone,

It has been exactly 6 months now since I submitted my application to UKBA on 30 July 2010. I am feeling depressed after not hearing any good news which I have been anxiously waiting for long time.

Guys, when I made a contact to MP back in October, I received a letter from UKBA through my MP on 02 October 2009... and I quote...

''Mr. Qazi submitted his application on 30 July and it has been forwarded to the appropriate casework unit for consideration. We currently aim to complete 95% of applications made on this basis within six months. We cannot, however, guarantee that an application will be considered within this timescale particularly if an applicant has a complex immigration history of if further enquiries need to be made. Mr Qazi's application will be considered as soon as possible, although I am not able to give an indication as to when this will be.'' .... unquote.

Can you advise me, is it worth to contact my MP again and ask him to write to UKBA to find out what is going on?

Thanks
Procrastinaor

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:38 am

that is exactly the same respond I received from my MP
word to word, exactly the same apart from my name.

it seems like HO has got a template respond to send to MPs

soulfullness

Re: ILR Date in case of postal applications !

Post by soulfullness » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:21 pm

harshalj wrote:Can some one tell what is the date from which ILR starts in case of postal application ?
I really do not think there is any pros & con of the starting date of ILR as the naturalisation requirement is to be 5 years in UK when you apply for it after ILR. However geneally it takes 2 to 3 months for SET(O) jr in ILR application if no querries.

soulfullness

Re: ILR Date in case of postal applications !

Post by soulfullness » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 pm

harshalj wrote:Can some one tell what is the date from which ILR starts in case of postal application ?
I really do not think there is any pros & con of the starting date of ILR as the naturalisation requirement is to be 5 years in UK when you apply for it after ILR. However geneally it takes 2 to 3 months for SET(O) jr in ILR application if no querrie and the ILR date will be just 3 or 4 days EARLIER THAN your passport receiving date generally.

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:03 pm

this post on a another forum might be of interest to all 10 year ILR applicants who are waiting:

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/topic/ ... s-morning/

in short, the guy applied on 14/09/2009, and after complaining to his MP, got his application prioritied, and his passport back yesterday with ILR.

...interesting...

hangermajor
Newly Registered

Post by hangermajor » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:47 am

terriblefish wrote:this post on a another forum might be of interest to all 10 year ILR applicants who are waiting:

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/topic/ ... s-morning/

in short, the guy applied on 14/09/2009, and after complaining to his MP, got his application prioritied, and his passport back yesterday with ILR.

...interesting...
Dear Terriblefish

I cannot open the link as it says you need to register , please can u paste the page here so that we can read it , thanks

hangermajor
Newly Registered

Post by hangermajor » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:53 am

oluwa112 wrote:
hangermajor wrote:

@ hangermajor... Your post kinda makes me sad :(. You seem very upset. I know and understand how you are feeling but i think you seem to be worrying a bit much and letting it get to you. Its unfortunate they seem to seat on the 10yr long residence application and i really don't think that getting your MP involved will lead to your application getting rejected. Unless UKBA can explicitly prove that you don't not meet the immigration requirements; they Absolutely can not refuse you for trying to get an update on your application.

We all just have to wait our turn. Its like one of the posters in here did not get their passport back till they contacted their MP. ILR was issued in October 2009, yet he did not receive his Passport till Jan 2010. when he called he was told not completed yet. its the standard answer they give. If he did not get his MP involved he would have still been *waiting and suffering in silence for God knows how long due to fear of rejection*.

I really do urge every who has waited past the 14wk mark to contact their MP. I waited till about 20wks before contacting My MP *still waiting for feedback*. If we all did that they surely will not Auto Reject and Auto Delay all of our Applications. If we are all delayed whose application will they be dealing with, and it will just lead to unnecessary backlog.

Keep the Faith and try to stay positive. At least Now you know there are others in the situation with you. we can call support each other here. Those of us still waiting from August Applications.

So just don't worry and stress yourself about a situation you have absolutely no control over... Its total waste of energy... Stay positive, can never say that enough :). Its hard but you just have to keep it Trucking. In no time it will be all over.

Dear oluwa112

thanks for your lovely and positive thinking ,,,,,I am keeping it and I hope very soon you will get urs keep in touch thanks,,,,,,,,,

mkv7
Newly Registered

my time lines

Post by mkv7 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:19 pm

ILR HSMP JR
application posted - 24th Nov
Acknowledgement letter- 26th Nov
payment taken - 27th Nov

ILR stamped - 30 th Jan

passport recieved- 3rd Feb

It took 9 weeks, looking at other posts with similar applications 9 weeks seem to be the current time frame for straight forward applications...

thanks for useful info...

I wish every one get to hear good news soon... wish you all the best...

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:17 pm

@ hangermajor

You are welcome and this is part of what this forum is for. U can get information and at times you can also vent out your frustration and share experiences with people that are in the same situation... :)

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:05 pm

copied post from the link above:
posted on 1st Feb 2010
HI there,

Just got mine today! my store: SET(O) Long residence (10 years) application made on the 14/09/2009 and acknowledgment letter received 2 days later. contacted HO just before Christmas as passed 14 weeks and was told it was still being processed. then contacted local MP and asked for supported via email. telephoned MP office after new year and confirmed they received email. telephoned MP office the week after and was told that because of the snow, nothing was done. eventually spoke to MP office again on 19/01/2010 and was told that the HO had confirmed my current visa status but nothing was disclosed about my application for ILR. had a bit of argument with the worker at the MP office who agreed to contact HO again and would ask if my application could be prioritised. received the call from MP office again the next day (I truly didn't expect that call because of the argument the day before) and was told that HO now agreed to take my passport from the queue (still in the queue after 18 weeks!) and send it to Sheffield and be allocated with a case worker. The worker at the MP office told me to ring her again on tuesday next week (26/01/2010) so that she would chase up with the HO again. Rang her on the 26/01/2010 and she told me that a case worker was now allocated and a decision would be "imminent". I rang the worker at the MP office again on Friday (29/01/2010) and was told that I am now granted with ILR on 26/0102010 and the passport was sent the next day (wednesday, 27/01/2010). and I received the passport today from post!

It's has been such a long journey and I have to thank the worker the MP office as without her intervention, my passport would have been sat in the queue for another 6 months probably. My advice to people is that please don;t think your application is straight forward so you would expect it to be processed more quickly. It makes very little difference as mine was pretty straight forward and it was still in the queue after 18 weeks of wait. I think it depends on luck and also if someone like the MP is willing to intervene or not. I have to say, if I were to choose again I would probably have paid a thousand quid for people like victoria to sort it out for me. It'd save me all the anxiety and unnecessary sleepless nights.

Wish you all luck in your application. :)