ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - Fee Debit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xeel

Tier 1 Extension - Fee Debit

Post by xeel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi all,

I am a bit nervous, I hope you guys can advice and reduce my nervousness. I applied for my tier 1 extension, and I attached a HSBC cheque for the payment of the fee. However, it has been more than 5 days, and the fee has not been debited from my account. Is that usual? Does it take so much time for the fees to be debited or should I be concerned. I asked my bank, and they say there has been no cheque debit request, neither they have declined. Should I wait further, or try to trace by calling Home office. Please advice, as this is really making me nervous.

Thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Extension - Fee Debit

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:50 pm

xeel wrote:Hi all,

I am a bit nervous, I hope you guys can advice and reduce my nervousness. I applied for my tier 1 extension, and I attached a HSBC cheque for the payment of the fee. However, it has been more than 5 days, and the fee has not been debited from my account. Is that usual? Does it take so much time for the fees to be debited or should I be concerned. I asked my bank, and they say there has been no cheque debit request, neither they have declined. Should I wait further, or try to trace by calling Home office. Please advice, as this is really making me nervous.

Thanks
According to UKBA, cheques usually take 5 working days to clear. So, give it a couple of days more.

We cannot begin the consideration process
until the payment has cleared. We allow 5
working days for payments made by cheque to
clear, credit/debit cards and postal orders will
clear immediately.

Moreover, even those who paid by credit/debit card were facing some delays. So, cheer up you are not alone.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=50832

xeel

Post by xeel » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:23 pm

thanks.. its a relief that am not the only.. fingers crossed.. hope to hear back from the soon.. HO website says.. they will be considering applications this week, received on or before 29th of January.. so hopefully mine will be in the same lot..

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:00 pm

Do appreciate that paying by cheque does slow up matters for a few days. That is, you posted the application to Durham, but all they do there is ensure that payment is successfully received, before passing the papers on to a "real office".

So by definition, paying by cheque is bound to take a few more days than paying by card.

I suspect that the papers for you are still in Durham, and probably will not leave there until the end of this week.
John

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:17 am

If things are same as before, then payment handling service is still being run by outsourcers. Last time I checked (many moons ago), I believe it was either Seimens or Fujitsu!

regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:22 am

sushdmehta wrote:If things are same as before, then payment handling service is still being run by outsourcers. Last time I checked (many moons ago), I believe it was either Seimens or Fujitsu!

regards
wow!! Is there anything under the sun which is not outsourced? :o

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:14 am

aruni4470 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:If things are same as before, then payment handling service is still being run by outsourcers. Last time I checked (many moons ago), I believe it was either Seimens or Fujitsu!

regards
wow!! Is there anything under the sun which is not outsourced? :o
Yeah you still have to write your own cheques ;) :P