ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Whether to use a lawyer for EEA2?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

straw10
Newly Registered

Whether to use a lawyer for EEA2?

Post by straw10 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Hello,

We have a fully prepared genuine EEA2 application and are unsure of which route to use, we would be grateful for your thoughts on which scenario to go for:

1) private application without lawyer - free
2) via lawyer not accredited through the law society with no website - £850
3) via immigration lawyer accredited through the law society with fast-track options at HO £1000

Does using a lawyer influence success of / speed up EEA2 applications?

Thank you
Straw

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Why would you think that you need a lawyer for this process? I somehow doubt that it would speed up anything. And success simply depends on your supporting documents (discussed a million times here) which you have obviously prepared already.

straw10
Newly Registered

Post by straw10 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:49 pm

86ti wrote:Why would you think that you need a lawyer for this process? I somehow doubt that it would speed up anything. And success simply depends on your supporting documents (discussed a million times here) which you have obviously prepared already.
Thank you. It's just that my fiance is a big chicken and she thinks that the more more we part with, the better our chances are!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:50 pm

straw10 wrote:
86ti wrote:Why would you think that you need a lawyer for this process? I somehow doubt that it would speed up anything. And success simply depends on your supporting documents (discussed a million times here) which you have obviously prepared already.
Thank you. It's just that my fiance is a big chicken and she thinks that the more more we part with, the better our chances are!
In that case I'll do it for £15k!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:58 pm

straw10 wrote:
Sorry but I fail to see that. Maybe a lawyer is useful in preparing the documents though the EEA2 process is really not that complicated. After the submission it is HO's call who has six months time (at least by law) to decide on the case. I wonder what a lawyer can really do to speed things up.

EDIT: After all, the applications is free of charge so I can't see a fast-track option either.
Last edited by 86ti on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Totally, utterly pointless. Might as well throw money down the drain.

With EEA applications you're either entitled or your not. There's no grey area (save a few rare exceptions). Employing a legal representative will help you in absolutely no way whatsoever.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:00 pm

@OP

I wouldn't pay any Lawyer for an EEA2 application. They are useless in this area and like Benifa said its utterly pointless.

Don't buy into their cheap lies, There's absolutely no fast track way around EEA2 applications which is free anyways.

My 2cents!

straw10
Newly Registered

Post by straw10 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:22 pm

kkk01 wrote:@OP

I wouldn't pay any Lawyer for an EEA2 application. They are useless in this area and like Benifa said its utterly pointless.

Don't buy into their cheap lies, There's absolutely no fast track way around EEA2 applications which is free anyways.

My 2cents!
Thanks everyone for your help, it is much appreciated. Our application will be submitted before the end of the week and I will keep you posted on the situation of things.

Straw.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Thanks straw10.

By the way, what are your circumstances? Just wondering why your fiancé has been so keen on using a lawyer..

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 am

Just to add on, Straw10 be ware few lawyers fully understand EEA2. Much of it you will find it on this board if you want. And its free!

Wish you luck.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:39 am

DFDS. wrote:few lawyers fully understand EEA2.
Few UKBA staff fully understand EEA2. :lol: