ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

exchange rate for maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

h200123

exchange rate for maintenance funds

Post by h200123 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:21 am

Dear All,

I have applied for Tier 1 visa and for maintenance i have attached a bank letter that 2800 pound is maitained for 3 months. The exchange rate i have used from onada.com but this letter was made on 2nd jan and rate used of 2nd jan but i applied on 8th jan. Guidanace notes say that it should be rate on the day u sumbit ur application. i am worried that i should have been used the rate of 8th jan. will it affect my application?

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: exchange rate for maintenance funds

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:26 am

You did not say whether if you will be short of funds if HO used 8th currency conversion rates, if you will not be short of funds which you have provided as evidence it will not affect your application.
h200123 wrote:Dear All,

I have applied for Tier 1 visa and for maintenance i have attached a bank letter that 2800 pound is maitained for 3 months. The exchange rate i have used from onada.com but this letter was made on 2nd jan and rate used of 2nd jan but i applied on 8th jan. Guidanace notes say that it should be rate on the day u sumbit ur application. i am worried that i should have been used the rate of 8th jan. will it affect my application?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: exchange rate for maintenance funds

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:27 am

h200123 wrote:Dear All,

Do you have enough Maintenance funds, Using the exchange rate on the date you sent your applicatino 8th Jan? pls check and if you think you have more than enough.. dont worry you should be fine because

wat ever you state in ur letter the caseworker will only take the exchange rate on the date the application was sent and if u have enough funds as per his calculation than you should be fine..

but if you are very worried and want to be safe. once you get the reference letter.. you might want to send a quick covering letter explainig the same..

pls wait for other experienced ppl in this situation to reply wat they did..

h200123

Post by h200123 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 am

yes if i use the rate of 8th jan from onada.com then still i get more than 2800 pounds. so i think i am safe.