ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement below £800 after 3 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashley44
Newly Registered

Bank statement below £800 after 3 months

Post by Ashley44 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Hello guys,

I have got my bank statements starting from the 21 Oct to the 28 Jan. However, my balance went below the £800 after the 22 Jan( after 3 months) to the 28 Jan. Is it going to affect my application???

Thanks
Ashley

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: Bank statement below £800 after 3 months

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Ashley44 wrote:Hello guys,

I have got my bank statements starting from the 21 Oct to the 28 Jan. However, my balance went below the £800 after the 22 Jan( after 3 months) to the 28 Jan. Is it going to affect my application???

Thanks
Ashley
If your bank statements have the details of ur account from the 22nd to the 28th of January ( when ur account went below the 800 pound limit ), then u have a high chance of getting a rejection since they count from the last date on the bank statement backwards three months.. try to get bank statements showing only till the 21st of Jan.. Hope u have not applied..

Ashley44
Newly Registered

Post by Ashley44 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:13 pm

I have already sent my application. It`s an electronic statement and I cannot remove those 6 last days. However, my bank statement does cover 3 months, will they consider those 3 months ?? If not can I appeal with a statement covering those 3 months.

Thanks

Ashley

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:36 pm

Ashley44 wrote:I have already sent my application. It`s an electronic statement and I cannot remove those 6 last days. However, my bank statement does cover 3 months, will they consider those 3 months ?? If not can I appeal with a statement covering those 3 months.

Thanks

Ashley
I was in kinda ur situation and i got refused.. I lost my appeal too since the judge kept mumbling 3 months backwards.. 3 months backwards.. and refused to even understand what i said.. i didn't have a solicitor.. maybe u can keep a solicitor and he/she can help u.. let us know of ur application anyways.. all the best..

Ashley44
Newly Registered

Post by Ashley44 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:44 pm

If I get a statement with those exact dates(21 Oct - 21 Jan) from the bank, is it possible to make an appeal?? I`ll try to contact a solicitor regarding this issue.

Thanks

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Ashley44 wrote:If I get a statement with those exact dates(21 Oct - 21 Jan) from the bank, is it possible to make an appeal?? I`ll try to contact a solicitor regarding this issue.

Thanks
Banks dont usually issue that kind of statements.. anyways since u have submitted the statements already, the judge will only focus on the point of rejection which is the dates from 22nd jan onwards.. u can contact a solicitor i guess and be prepared incase of a rejection..

Ashley44
Newly Registered

Post by Ashley44 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm

They do actually, but u have to pay £10 (Lloyds) for that. However, in my case they made a mistake and sent me a copy of my old statements and zat`s y I had to send my e-statements instead. Is it possible to appeal if I get those statements as the money is there and it covers the 3 months???

Thanks

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Ashley44 wrote:They do actually, but u have to pay £10 (Lloyds) for that. However, in my case they made a mistake and sent me a copy of my old statements and zat`s y I had to send my e-statements instead. Is it possible to appeal if I get those statements as the money is there and it covers the 3 months???

Thanks
U need to contact a solicitor.. It's completely upto the judge to accept.. i got a bad guy.. u might get a better judge..

Ashley44
Newly Registered

Post by Ashley44 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm

Let` hope so, It`s a completely crap system as I have met all the requirements they set and I might not get my visa because of their way of counting

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Ashley44 wrote:Let` hope so, It`s a completely crap system as I have met all the requirements they set and I might not get my visa because of their way of counting
well.. what can one do.. thatz what the rule says and they catch u on technicalities like this these days.. completely stupid but cutting down on immigrants is part of their agenda.. cant help it..

Ashley44
Newly Registered

Post by Ashley44 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm

I have got my mother who stays in the uk, is it possible for me to show her statements or payslips in a possible appeal to cover those missing amounts or if I am able to get a letter from the bank showing that I had the maintenance fee during that time, will they approve it??

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Ashley44 wrote:I have got my mother who stays in the uk, is it possible for me to show her statements or payslips in a possible appeal to cover those missing amounts or if I am able to get a letter from the bank showing that I had the maintenance fee during that time, will they approve it??
The bank account should be in your name.. maybe the bank letter would be good... again, it is completely upto the judge to accept these new documents into the appeal... in my case i showed him a bank account in my name from my home country.. he rejected saying that all these documents where not provided for the original application and hence he cant accept them into the appeal.. According to him "an appeal is just a review of if the home office made a mistake in processing your application or not. It is not a place to accept new documents or data..".. you could keep all these things ready in case of a possible appeal scenario and hope the judge accepts..

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:33 pm

I think what you can do is submit a statement from another account showing that when you combine two accounts' balance, the total is above 800 pounds. Write a covering letter and submit change of circumstances form.

I have read somewhere that caseworker do make those sort of concessions because they know any judge(during appeal) in right mind would accept that you had enough amount in your bank accounts and should not be rejected.

All the best

Ashley44
Newly Registered

Visa accepted

Post by Ashley44 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Hello guys,

My visa application has been accepted. I am so relieved rite now.

Thank you guys for your help and advice.

Ashley

PostMan

Re: Visa accepted

Post by PostMan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:21 am

Ashley44 wrote:Hello guys,

My visa application has been accepted. I am so relieved rite now.

Thank you guys for your help and advice.

Ashley
Congrats !!!!