ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone succeeded getting PSW by ACCA OBU degree?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dochas

Anyone succeeded getting PSW by ACCA OBU degree?

Post by dochas » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am

Hello all,

Is there anyone who obtained an OBU degree (BSc hons in applied accounting) after March 2009 but has not finished the Professional Level got a PSW? If there is, tell me when it was and what supporting documents you had submitted to the Home Office please. I especially would like to know details of "original letter from United Kingdom institution" as it must confirm the start and end dates of period of study which I am not sure what it should be.

I believe students who studied / are studying for ACCA will know what I'm talking about. I would very much appreciate your information.

dochas

Post by dochas » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:23 am

Is there anyone? Or anyone around you?

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:14 pm

dochas wrote:Is there anyone? Or anyone around you?
We would be if we knew what OBU stood for?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Sidney Reilly wrote:
Obviously Bogus University?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dochas

Post by dochas » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Wanderer, that was a brilliant naming, made me laugh :) But that's not correct. It stands for Oxford Brookes University so the university as well as degree are genuine. ACCA and OBU work together to give ACCA students an opportunity to obtain a bachelor's degree. When one completed ACCA Fundamental Level and Ethic Module, he will have eligibility to submit a research report and skills and learning statement (SLS) to the university. If he passed both, he would get the degree from OBU.

Usually, ACCA students go to a college that teaches ACCA course and once the above criteria are met they would try to obtain a degree, so they actually do not need to go to OBU. This is the reason why I would like to know if anyone suceeded in getting a PSW.

accastudent

Post by accastudent » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:19 pm

hi, I got OBU degree in august 2008, but tought that I am not eligible for PSW, so didnt apply. Later i came to know that based on ur OBU, you can apply for PSW, many students got PSW on OBU. But as I am left with one paper of ACCA now, I wonder is ACCA qualified student can apply for PSW?
M W ALI

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:44 pm

accastudent wrote:hi, I got OBU degree in august 2008, but tought that I am not eligible for PSW, so didnt apply. Later i came to know that based on ur OBU, you can apply for PSW, many students got PSW on OBU. But as I am left with one paper of ACCA now, I wonder is ACCA qualified student can apply for PSW?
1. ACCA qualification does not fulfill the requiremenst of PSW.

dochas

Post by dochas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:39 am

accastudent, thank you for the information. It was encouraging news. Do you know anyone close to you got a PSW based on OBU after March 2009? If you do, could you possibly find out from which institution that person/s got a letter that confirms the start and end dates of period of study?

I'm afraid, I don't know if one can apply for a PSW based on ACCA qualification.

accastudent

Post by accastudent » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:07 pm

I shall try to find someone, but I am not taking classes for ACCA since May 2009 as I ve completed the papers, Except P2, but I am sure u can get PSW on OBU degree, try to talk with some solicitor, or contact your colllege admin. Best of luck.
M W ALI

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:38 am

Wanderer wrote:
Sidney Reilly wrote:
Obviously Bogus University?
No: Oxford Brookes University

PostMan

Re: Anyone succeeded getting PSW by ACCA OBU degree?

Post by PostMan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:42 am

dochas wrote:Hello all,

Is there anyone who obtained an OBU degree (BSc hons in applied accounting) after March 2009 but has not finished the Professional Level got a PSW? If there is, tell me when it was and what supporting documents you had submitted to the Home Office please. I especially would like to know details of "original letter from United Kingdom institution" as it must confirm the start and end dates of period of study which I am not sure what it should be.

I believe students who studied / are studying for ACCA will know what I'm talking about. I would very much appreciate your information.
Degree is Degree, as far as you studied full-time for the final award.
It is like a Topup Degree and they are accepted, as far as your topup was done in a college listed and full-time.

It is classified as APL from ACCA to OBU Degree.

dochas

Post by dochas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:38 pm

[quote="accastudent"]I shall try to find someone, but I am not taking classes for ACCA since May 2009 as I ve completed the papers, Except P2, but I am sure u can get PSW on OBU degree, try to talk with some solicitor, or contact your colllege admin. Best of luck.[/quote]

Thank you. Hope you too.

dochas

Post by dochas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi PostMan. Could you tell me what "APL" is?

The degree might be like a Topup degree as you mentioned. But the difference between them is that the college that a student goes may not be involved in submitting required reports for OBU degree. The student has to have a mentor for his research, but it doesn't necessarily be a tutor from the college that he goes. The mentor can be an individual who is ACCA qualified and in that case there is no involvement of the college. Thus, my question arises.

By the way, could anyone tell me how I can include previous posts in my reply to show which post I replied to. Or where I can find a tip in the website. I looked for it but couldn't find.

piesie
Newly Registered

Post by piesie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:58 pm

I used my ACCA OBU certificate for my pws in April 2009. They provide a letter when you call them to request. The start date is when you opted for the degree program and the end is when they release the results for the project work.
It was ok except that i had troubles with my bank statement. I went to the tribunal on appeal before i got it in August 2009. I have now changed to Tier 2 general since i had a job and worked with employer for 6 months.

dochas

Post by dochas » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Piesie, thank you for your valuable information. It's given a hope for me and for everyone who studies hard for ACCA and OBU. Congratulations on getting Tier 2! I wish you all the best.

itspradeepforu
Newly Registered

Post by itspradeepforu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:32 am

piesie wrote:

Hi,
I have completed 6 papers in ireland, i would like to complete remaining 3 papers in uk and project to obtain OBU degree will i be eligible for PSW.

thank you

I used my ACCA OBU certificate for my pws in April 2009. They provide a letter when you call them to request. The start date is when you opted for the degree program and the end is when they release the results for the project work.
It was ok except that i had troubles with my bank statement. I went to the tribunal on appeal before i got it in August 2009. I have now changed to Tier 2 general since i had a job and worked with employer for 6 months.

fahimkhan007
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by fahimkhan007 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi,

Would you pls tell me who will provide the letter....ACCA or OBU?

Thanks.

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:47 am

fahimkhan007 wrote:Hi,

Would you pls tell me who will provide the letter....ACCA or OBU?

Thanks.
OBU