ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BIC - Birmingham Intl College

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rahul_S
Newly Registered

Re: BIC - Birmingham Intl College

Post by Rahul_S » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:04 pm

bagula_bhagat wrote:Hi All,

I just came to know that BIC aka Birmingham International College is also one of the dodgy college. A few of the people that I know have got diploma's from the college and successfully got PSW and previous IGS visas.

Please confirm...............
Am not sure about Birmingham international College.But Birmingham College was one of the dodgy college which sold so many diplomas. It is not on Tier 4 list anymore.

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm

I shall be very interested to read your answers, especially as the current BIC Limited Company was only incorporated on 20.08.07, says the Companies House record. And as regards the former BIC Limited Company, an Administrator was appointed on 13.12.06, and liquidation of that company will be completed shortly.
If the current BIC was incorporated on the 20/08/07, I am convinced that they were involved in issuing fradulent Post Graduate Diplomas around about the same time as CCL and other institutions were actively churning out dodgy diplomas between June & September 2008.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Well were they? Or was someone else using their name etc details and producing diplomas?

After all the fact that certificates might be in circulation does not in itself prove that they were involved in their production. We could just be talking about a form of identity fraud here.

Anyone reading the current BIC website will see that all the courses there involve a diploma or certificate being produced by some other educational body. So again, BIC do not produce any diplomas or certificates of their own.
John

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:00 pm

John wrote:Well were they? Or was someone else using their name etc details and producing diplomas?

After all the fact that certificates might be in circulation does not in itself prove that they were involved in their production. We could just be talking about a form of identity fraud here.

Anyone reading the current BIC website will see that all the courses there involve a diploma or certificate being produced by some other educational body. So again, BIC do not produce any diplomas or certificates of their own.
The Home Office would not grant visas to students with certificates issued by colleges blindly without verifying them with the issuing institution and at that time many institutions verified them and students were granted visas. However, when the Home Office became suspicious with these institutions due to the number of Diplomas issued, a few colleges decided to coin the term "identity fraud" to save their reputation and some even made Police reports to make things sound genuine, during this time many students had their visas refused on the grounds of deception because the colleges involved didn't verify their own Diplomas which were sold by them and claimed that those Diplomas were counterfit.

In March '09 when the new rules were released, Postgraduate Diplomas were no longer recognised under Tier-1, many of the colleges decided to come clean by offering external programmes. Well for the previously involved colleges (crooks) they are still operating and some have managed to obtain an "A" rated sponsor license and "B" rating for some who couldn't fully convince the UKBA.

As for BIC, I think they are now under Big Brother's watchful eye so, I guess they will play by the rules.