ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:35 pm

Thanks MsKay and good luck going forward. So what I heard about Luton is correct, they take their time for public as well as private ceremonies.

global gypsy - you need to specify which council you want to take your oath in on your AN form when you apply, in case you do not want to use your local council. I used Hatfield, instead of Luton and specified on the form that I'd like my approval to be sent to Hatfield, as they promised a quick private ceremony.

Regards - Spartac

Eskar

Re: Approval Recieved

Post by Eskar » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi MSKay...

congrats, see i told u good news comes a bit late becuase it is good news time to celebrate ...good luck to ur ceremony and so on.
MsKay wrote:Hi All

I am pleased report that I have been approved for british citizenship and would like to thank you all for your continuous support, (would have gone mad other wise). Kesh you've been brilliant, Mohamedmourad, PCB and those waiting try not to worry this coming week will be your week.

My updated timeline

NCS or Postal : NCS Luton
Date of submission or posting : 18/12/09
Date recieved by HO: 22/12/09 - Due to adverse weather
CRITERIA: 3 years married to British citizen
Date of debit of Card : 08/01/10

Date receipt of acknowledgement : 13/1/10 (dated 8/01/10)
Date of receipt of approval : 30/1/10 (dated 22/01/10)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending

Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:09 pm

mohamedmourad wrote:mskay wich phone nomber you used when they told you about the letter been sent to you ? because i called HO on 27 on 0845 and they told me no decition yet. no more information
I used the 0845 as stated on the acknowlegement. I would say try calling them again on monday or tuesday, remeber i was told under consideration then next day someone told me otherwise so conflicting information. Maybe a decison has already been made, possibly this week i believe you will have good news, also check your council around wednesday/thursday as in many cases they recieve the notification before you do.

ps. I also called HO on 20th ten minutes before close of business and the guy said application with a case worker but that was the same day the decision was made.

Hang in there it will be ok.

Thanks Eskar your good news is around the corner too. Will be here to support those waiting and you will forever be in my prayers.

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:15 pm

thank you mskay i will try to call monday . and good luck for your ceremonies

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:28 pm

pcp , and son of the king any news ?

peteribe
Newly Registered

Post by peteribe » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:04 am

Spartac wrote:Thanks MsKay and good luck going forward. So what I heard about Luton is correct, they take their time for public as well as private ceremonies.

global gypsy - you need to specify which council you want to take your oath in on your AN form when you apply, in case you do not want to use your local council. I used Hatfield, instead of Luton and specified on the form that I'd like my approval to be sent to Hatfield, as they promised a quick private ceremony.

Regards - Spartac

Ok let me put my experience down here!applied on the 8th Dec,my application was approved on the 22 jan. Letter of approval receieved on the 30th of Jan.However HO ignored my request to have my ceremony at another borough where I originally wanted to have it,Rather they placed me at the borough where I reside.So I do think is at their discretion to put you where you want or where they want.I bow out now.Thank you all and sorry to all those I have challenged here but I still remain the most controversial.Thank you all once more

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:27 am

[quote="peteribe"][quote="Spartac"]Thanks MsKay and good luck going forward. So what I heard about Luton is correct, they take their time for public as well as private ceremonies.

Regards - Spartac[/quote]

Ok let me put my experience down here!applied on the 8th Dec,my application was approved on the 22 jan. Letter of approval receieved on the 30th of Jan.However HO ignored my request to have my ceremony at another borough where I originally wanted to have it,Rather they placed me at the borough where I reside.So I do think is at their discretion to put you where you want or where they want.I bow out now.Thank you all and sorry to all those I have challenged here but I still remain the most controversial.Thank you all once more[/quote]

I agree with that peteribe. I have marked Hatfield as my council of choice. but Hatfield did tell me that every now and then the HO will ignore that and send the approval to the local council. Which is why I would like to know how Luton works, just in case....

Regards - Spartac

chzishan

BC

Post by chzishan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:12 pm

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 28/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 29/01/2010
CRITERIA: (4 Year HSMP+ 1 Year ILR Back Dated)
Date of debit of Card : Pending
Date receipt of acknowledgement : Pending
Date of receipt of approval : Pending

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:03 am

-> MsKay

Sorry for being late.. but its never too late and all is well if it ends well... Man i am talking about congratulating you so late.. Plz forgive.. and many many congrats on ur approval. Now sit back and relax. Biggest hurdle is over and passport will be an easy ride for you..

Many Many congrats... Milton Keynes used to be my favourite spot as i studies at Buckingham so were at cineworld almost every weekend... :) great city.. still cherish the good old memories..

--->> KESH

Old buudy?? Where are you? Long time no see.. No PM. No call. Seems like you have already forgotten the old buddies. No good :) :) but at least i can catch you here.. :):):)

Rest of the applicants i wish you all the best of luck....

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Spartac wrote:global gypsy - you need to specify which council you want to take your oath in on your AN form when you apply, in case you do not want to use your local council.
Thanks - that's what I thought. Looks like I have no option except to go with my own council. Of course, this could slow down the ceremony timeline.
How much does it cost for a private ceremony - does it vary by council?

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:18 pm

[quote="global gypsy"][quote="Spartac"]global gypsy - you need to specify which council you want to take your oath in on your AN form when you apply, in case you do not want to use your local council.[/quote]
Thanks - that's what I thought. Looks like I have no option except to go with my own council. Of course, this could slow down the ceremony timeline.
How much does it cost for a private ceremony - does it vary by council?[/quote]

Each council has different charges. Some state them on the website. I checked that Hounslow does not state its charges - just says cash payment on the day. As a guideline Luton charges 75 for a single and 100 for a couple, and bit more for a Saturday ceremony.

Regards - Spartac

marvelous2062
Newly Registered

Post by marvelous2062 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Contact HO today 01/02/2010 and male stated that application is completed and letters going to be sent to me this week.

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS Wandsworth
Date of submission or posting : 18/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 19/01/2010
CRITERIA: 3 Years
Date of debit of Card : 21/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 25/01/2010 (Dated 21/01/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : Pending

PCB
Newly Registered

Post by PCB » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Tried reaching today as well... no luck. I tried both numbers 0845 010 5200 & 0151 672 5626. choosed Option 3 -->1-->2.

For some reason i am not able to touch base..

marvelous2062
Newly Registered

Post by marvelous2062 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:04 pm

PCB wrote:Tried reaching today as well... no luck. I tried both numbers 0845 010 5200 & 0151 672 5626. choosed Option 3 -->1-->2.

For some reason i am not able to touch base..

Try the latter number and choose the same options, 3,1,2

Tomuk
Newly Registered

Naturalisation after receiving Peremanent residence as EEA4

Post by Tomuk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi everyone, pls can anyone tell me if I am eligible to apply for naturalisation independetly this time and if its ok to apply now and not wait another 12 months with permanent residence since it took homeoffice 15 months to issue it due to their delays and not my fault.

My situation is: I am non-eea married to EEA, was offered 5 yrs residence stapm, applied November 2008 for permanent residence, received it January 2010 (15 months later).

My question is can I apply now for naturalisation now, and I can I do so independently.
Your contribution is much appreciated.

PCB
Newly Registered

Post by PCB » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi Guys,

Tried again and you know what this time I was on the line :D. Got to know decision is completed and the letter has been posted on 25th Jan.

I should get it tomorrow.. hope so considering the second class post :)

Cheers,
PCB :)
Last edited by PCB on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marvelous2062
Newly Registered

Post by marvelous2062 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:46 pm

PCB wrote:Hi Guys,

Tried again and you know what this time I was on the line :D. Got to know decision is completed and letter has been posted last week.

I should get it tomorrow.. hope so...

Is this first call / second class post ?

Cheers,
PCB
Call the council you stated you wanted yr ceremony and check to see if the have it, they should have the letter before you get yours and if they have it you can book your ceremony.

Second Class

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:07 pm

marvelous2062 wrote:Contact HO today 01/02/2010 and male stated that application is completed and letters going to be sent to me this week.
That's quite fast. I submitted my application on 16-Jan (2 days before you) and am still waiting for the letter of approval. Hope mine also comes thru soon.

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:10 pm

eagleeye09 wrote:-> MsKay

Sorry for being late.. but its never too late and all is well if it ends well... Man i am talking about congratulating you so late.. Plz forgive.. and many many congrats on ur approval. Now sit back and relax. Biggest hurdle is over and passport will be an easy ride for you..

Many Many congrats... Milton Keynes used to be my favourite spot as i studies at Buckingham so were at cineworld almost every weekend... :) great city.. still cherish the good old memories..
Thanks Eagleeye for all the support as without you, Kesh and all the other guys I would have been lost. I only moved to MK just over a year now and it's still kind of a maze (the grid system) but loving it aswell.. especially the xscape practically live there.

All the best to you and your future and thanks once more

PCB- Good luck I am sure it will be fantastic news before the end of this week.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation after receiving Peremanent residence as E

Post by global gypsy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Tomuk wrote:Hi everyone, pls can anyone tell me if I am eligible to apply for naturalisation
Tomuk, it would help if you posted under the correct sub-forum. This thread is for naturalisation timelines (as the title indicates) based on people's individual cases.
Best of luck.

chaudhrei
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhrei » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi there,
Any one who spoke to homeoffice for nationality, Can you tell me your experience of talking to advisor as I am planning to do so in next one or two days. Things like what to ask or ask directly when my application be sorted out (you know the stuf) :wink:

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:18 pm

--> Chaudrei G.

I did while my application was still pending. The guy was polite and asked me about my application reference number given on the letter of acknowledgement.

Then I asked him the Update on my application? I was told its still under consideration and no decision has been made yet. So I waited...

Therefore i would say its fine to give them a call to inquire about the update on the application. If you are told that a letter has been sent then wait for it for 3/4 days and then call your local council. If they have received your certificate of naturalisation then you are done and book ur ceremoney with the council and stop waiting for the letter.

I know few who were naturalised and then received their letters. But bear in mind that some councils are fussy so they might ask you to wait for the HO letter.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Regards,

Eagleeye09.

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:54 am

chaudhrei wrote:Hi there,
Any one who spoke to homeoffice for nationality, Can you tell me your experience of talking to advisor as I am planning to do so in next one or two days. Things like what to ask or ask directly when my application be sorted out (you know the stuf) :wink:

PLEASE CHECK NATIONALITY THREAD.
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....

hsmporwp

Re: Approval Recieved

Post by hsmporwp » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Congrats... one question though... Do they send the approval by normal delivery or recorded? recently changed my address and royal mail does not redirect recorded delivery... Thanks in advance...

MsKay wrote:Hi All

I am pleased report that I have been approved for british citizenship and would like to thank you all for your continuous support, (would have gone mad other wise). Kesh you've been brilliant, Mohamedmourad, PCB and those waiting try not to worry this coming week will be your week.

My updated timeline

NCS or Postal : NCS Luton
Date of submission or posting : 18/12/09
Date recieved by HO: 22/12/09 - Due to adverse weather
CRITERIA: 3 years married to British citizen
Date of debit of Card : 08/01/10

Date receipt of acknowledgement : 13/1/10 (dated 8/01/10)
Date of receipt of approval : 30/1/10 (dated 22/01/10)

dejavus
Newly Registered

Post by dejavus » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:08 pm

NCS or Postal : postal
Date of submission or posting : 05/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 06/01/2010
CRITERIA: HSMP 4 years+ 1 year ILR (JR)