ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Three Questions Regarding US Applic. for UK Settlement Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ceeb77
Newly Registered

Three Questions Regarding US Applic. for UK Settlement Visa

Post by Ceeb77 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:06 pm

I hope I am posting this in the correct place - apologies if not, but I can't find a thread that relates directly to any of the questions I have.

Firstly:
Although I am in a good financial position, my wife (US citizen) has been unemployed for the last 6 months. She has been visiting me in the UK (I am a UK citizen) for the last 5 months on a tourist visa. We are returning to USA this month to apply for a settlement visa. During her visit to the UK, I have supported her financially and plan to continue to do so on her return here until she gains employment. We have a firm job offer available for her, and I own my own home. Does anyone know whether her lack of funds will cause us a problem? We have bank statements for her, but these obviously illustrate no movement of cash for around 6 months.

Secondly:
I will be traveling to the US to assist my spouse with her application. We plan to stay with friends in the Boston area, not at her home (parents) address, which is in Ohio. Are we allowed to use a temporary contact address for the purposes of applying for a Visa? I know that options re. Bio centres are provided based upon address. Can this be our temporary address?

and Thirdly:
Has anyone got any experience of applying for Bio data appointments (within last 12 months) on the East Coast, and if so, any idea of wait times?

I think we have everything else sewn up!

Any advice that anyone can offer on the above will be most gratefully received! :)

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:34 pm

i would suggest you post your query in Family Members

i believe its YOUR finances which are important for this application not your wife's. so fact that she isnt working should be a problem. Have a look in the link i posted above, i am pretty sure you will find some of the answers there

Ceeb77
Newly Registered

Post by Ceeb77 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:40 pm

f2k wrote:i would suggest you post your query in Family Members

i believe its YOUR finances which are important for this application not your wife's. so fact that she isnt working should be a problem. Have a look in the link i posted above, i am pretty sure you will find some of the answers there
Thank you - I will post in Family Members now!