ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Settlement Visa: Funds, Address, Biometric Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ceeb77
Newly Registered

UK Settlement Visa: Funds, Address, Biometric Questions

Post by Ceeb77 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:43 pm

I hope I am posting this in the correct place - apologies if not, but I can't find a thread that relates directly to any of the questions I have.

Firstly:
Although I am in a good financial position, my wife (US citizen) has been unemployed for the last 6 months. She has been visiting me in the UK (I am a UK citizen) for the last 5 months on a tourist visa. We are returning to USA this month to apply for a settlement visa. During her visit to the UK, I have supported her financially and plan to continue to do so on her return here until she gains employment. We have a firm job offer available for her, and I own my own home. Does anyone know whether her lack of funds will cause us a problem? We have bank statements for her, but these obviously illustrate no movement of cash for around 6 months.

Secondly:
I will be traveling to the US to assist my spouse with her application. We plan to stay with friends in the Boston area, not at her home (parents) address, which is in a different state. Are we allowed to use a temporary contact address for the purposes of applying for a Visa? I know that options re. Bio centres are provided based upon address. Can this be our temporary address?

and Thirdly:
Has anyone got any experience of applying for Bio data appointments (within last 12 months) on the East Coast, and if so, any idea of wait times?

I think we have everything else sewn up!

Any advice that anyone can offer on the above will be most gratefully received!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: UK Settlement Visa: Funds, Address, Biometric Questions

Post by ElenaW » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Ceeb77 wrote:I hope I am posting this in the correct place - apologies if not, but I can't find a thread that relates directly to any of the questions I have.

Firstly:
Although I am in a good financial position, my wife (US citizen) has been unemployed for the last 6 months. She has been visiting me in the UK (I am a UK citizen) for the last 5 months on a tourist visa. We are returning to USA this month to apply for a settlement visa. During her visit to the UK, I have supported her financially and plan to continue to do so on her return here until she gains employment. We have a firm job offer available for her, and I own my own home. Does anyone know whether her lack of funds will cause us a problem? We have bank statements for her, but these obviously illustrate no movement of cash for around 6 months.

Secondly:
I will be traveling to the US to assist my spouse with her application. We plan to stay with friends in the Boston area, not at her home (parents) address, which is in a different state. Are we allowed to use a temporary contact address for the purposes of applying for a Visa? I know that options re. Bio centres are provided based upon address. Can this be our temporary address?

and Thirdly:
Has anyone got any experience of applying for Bio data appointments (within last 12 months) on the East Coast, and if so, any idea of wait times?

I think we have everything else sewn up!

Any advice that anyone can offer on the above will be most gratefully received!
A)Her lack of funds don't matter. It's the sponsors funds that are important (yours) Plus you said she's got a job offer.

B) yes it's fine to use that address.

c) You can't do anything regarding your biometrics until after you finish the application.

D) If you use an expeditor (an extra $100) you can get an approval within 24-48 hours.
I tell it like it is.

Ceeb77
Newly Registered

Re: UK Settlement Visa: Funds, Address, Biometric Questions

Post by Ceeb77 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:10 am

ElenaW wrote:
A)Her lack of funds don't matter. It's the sponsors funds that are important (yours) Plus you said she's got a job offer.

B) yes it's fine to use that address.

c) You can't do anything regarding your biometrics until after you finish the application.

D) If you use an expeditor (an extra $100) you can get an approval within 24-48 hours.
Thanks for your response - most helpful, has set my mind at ease. :)