ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for HSMP a second time?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Edelweiss

Apply for HSMP a second time?

Post by Edelweiss » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:34 am

Hi there

This may be a strange question and I don't know if anyone has had this experience, but I hope someone can help. I have been in the UK under HSMP for 9 months and may have to go home due to personal circumstances. I have not applied for my extension yet. Would I be able to reapply for the HSMP at a later date (basically start from scratch), or would I apply for the extension at a later date, from outside the country?

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:27 am

well I have not been in ur circumstance but that doesnt stop me from saying my 2 cents.

How long will you be staying at home?
why do you want to loose ur hsmp status... there is no gurarantee that if you reaaply at a later date you will be given..also there is no guarantee that the scheme will still be available when you are ready to reapply.

And even if you can reapply for the scheme and you get approved...the issue of EC comes up..how do you prove that you really are ready this time to migrate..when the last time you changed your mind half way.

My advise is get your extension before leaving, you have spent 9 months already.
You can apply for extension by the time you have spent 10 months , after you get your 3 yrs ext you can go home. Doing this keeps your options open rather than you leaving before extension time and not being able to come back.

I do not think you can apply for extension from your home country simply because you're supposed to want to make Uk your home (part of the requirement).

I hope the moderators can help out with their own opinion to shed more light on the issue.
My bow has been renewed

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:17 pm

I agree with yodiyokun's assesment.

You have not mentioned how long you expected to go back to your country for or are you uncertain about it.

The only other point I will add is HSMP is expected to get tougher in the next few years similiar to the skilled migration to other countries like Canada and there is no guarentee you will get an approval a second time.