ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension - Visa might expire before approval.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceCold

Tier1 Extension - Visa might expire before approval.

Post by iceCold » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:59 pm

I will be applying for Tier-1 extension this week . I understand that if my visa expires while the decision is pending (expires on March 1st), I am legally allowed to work/stay during that time. But my HR is not convinced and she thinks it is illegal. I googled quite a bit, but could not find any official links from the Home Office which states that it is legal. I would greatly appreciate if any expeienced posters could please point me to the right links. Thank you very much.

anotherext
Newly Registered

visa status while application being considered

Post by anotherext » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:47 pm

I suggest you write to UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
When you have written the email, you will get an auto-generated email that has a section about outstanding applications.
It has the followingexerpt;

1. Outstanding Applications

For data protection reasons, we are unable to respond to enquiries about individual cases by e-mail. UK Border Agency will contact you if further information is required to complete your application. If you sent your application by Recorded or Special Delivery, its receipt can be confirmed on the Royal Mail website at:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm <BLOCKED::http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm>

If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. If your existing visa or other permission to stay here allows you to work, you can continue to do so until your case is decided.

which you can show to your HR.

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Thanks anotherext, that was a very helpful reply. Will do as you suggested, thanks a lot.

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 pm

You might draw your HR officer's attention to section 3c of the Immigration Act 1971 (as amended), as well as the relevant IDIs.