ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Ive Used DHL who charged 29.99 to send documents to pakistan at their mirpur office (have offices all over pakistan). As soon as it reached the dhl office in pakistan my wife went with some id and collected the paper work. It also allows you to track the paperwork right from the moment it leaves your hand untill your wifes collects the paper work.

They will deliver within 5-7 working days.
I thought the service by DHL was excellent.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:50 pm

P.s. Done some research: Courier delivery via Fedex/ DHL is pretty expensive in the region of £70-£100 for documents wieghing only 1.5kg!! although i guess with this service full online tracking is available
Why dont you just wait at manchester/heathrow airport and give the documents to someone you may know,and get a family member to pick them up at Islamabad airport.

will save you loads of money and they will get there in 8 hrs :D :lol:

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 pm

amr2010 wrote:
zs786 wrote:quick question for those that have applied for a sposue visa from Pakistan:

Can you submit your documents in a ring binder / folder or does the Vac application center refuse to take in folders??

How did your sponsor send you documents from the UK - please kindly share the postage method they / you used (i.e. courier - name and appox price you paid)

Many thanks
Hi,

I am going to send my documents/application to my wife next week. I bought a display book like this. It's a little bit bigger than A4 but not by much.

I'm going to send documents using the PostOffice AirSure service see here. If you do use this option make sure you fill out a customs label and state the contents as 'Documents'.

I don't know if there are any better options.

Amer
DHL quote £35 for 1kg documents through interparcel http://www.interparcel.com/ but I have sent numerous documents through royal mail, international registered, never lost anything and much cheaper.

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:55 pm

batleykhan wrote:
P.s. Done some research: Courier delivery via Fedex/ DHL is pretty expensive in the region of £70-£100 for documents wieghing only 1.5kg!! although i guess with this service full online tracking is available
Why dont you just wait at manchester/heathrow airport and give the documents to someone you may know,and get a family member to pick them up at Islamabad airport.

will save you loads of money and they will get there in 8 hrs :D :lol:
And the possibbility of explaining to airport staff/ police what your doing at airport. And in the current climate along with being an asain, you probably would get charged under the terrorism act. lol :)

zs786

Post by zs786 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:03 am

ukusman wrote:Ive Used DHL who charged 29.99 to send documents to pakistan at their mirpur office (have offices all over pakistan). As soon as it reached the dhl office in pakistan my wife went with some id and collected the paper work. It also allows you to track the paperwork right from the moment it leaves your hand untill your wifes collects the paper work.

Perfect ill check them out, its not how much you have to spend im concered with it the fact that my wife lives 2 hours away from Mirpur (in Chakswari) so it would be quite a treck to pick up your post. If however they delivered to local depo of Chakswari where all the mail you send via the post office goes that would be ideal! But thats the problem nothing on there website to confirm this

And best of luck with your wifes Visa, Inshallah all will be fine

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:36 am

zs786 wrote:
ukusman wrote:Ive Used DHL who charged 29.99 to send documents to pakistan at their mirpur office (have offices all over pakistan). As soon as it reached the dhl office in pakistan my wife went with some id and collected the paper work. It also allows you to track the paperwork right from the moment it leaves your hand untill your wifes collects the paper work.

Perfect ill check them out, its not how much you have to spend im concered with it the fact that my wife lives 2 hours away from Mirpur (in Chakswari) so it would be quite a treck to pick up your post. If however they delivered to local depo of Chakswari where all the mail you send via the post office goes that would be ideal! But thats the problem nothing on there website to confirm this

And best of luck with your wifes Visa, Inshallah all will be fine
Thanks,

You can allways send them in your wifes brothers or any other relative who can go collect them on her behalf. Also i presume if she lives in chakswari you will submit her application in mirpur anyway. So you can y send the paperwork to the office in mirpur and tell her to go collect the docs on the day she submits her paper work.

From what aware there is no DHL office in chakswari. Closest one will be mirpur.

ukusman

re: settlement

Post by ukusman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:11 am

My wifes applications status changed this morning and inshallah she will go collect her paperwork in the morning. Please do dua everyone thats its a positive decision. Jazakallah.

She submitted application on 08/01/10
Application processed on 26/01/10
Ready fro collection on 02/02/10

Inshallah will let you know about the decision tomorrow. I hope it is a positive decsion inshallah.

Tazzie have you heard anything about your application ??

thanks

zs786

Re: re: settlement

Post by zs786 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:59 am

ukusman wrote:My wifes applications status changed this morning and inshallah she will go collect her paperwork in the morning. Please do dua everyone thats its a positive decision. Jazakallah.

Inshallah will let you know about the decision tomorrow. I hope it is a positive decsion inshallah.

thanks
Will make dua for you bro, inshallah your wife will get her Visa. All the best

Looks like most cases are being dealt with within 3 weeks which is a big improvement

Could you please answer 1 question i had, when your wife submitted her documents at the VAC did she book an appointment? or is it simply a walk in service and you join the que like its been in previous years

tazzie04
Newly Registered

Post by tazzie04 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:17 pm

uksman- that's really good news! I hope inshallah your wife gets the visa.

Following my last post sent I e-mailed abu-dhabi on the 28th and got an automated response. However on sunday received e-mail from abu dhabi saying they have checked and application has been processed and to wait for VAC to call to collect papers!! - The status on the tracking site still says "app forwarded to Islamabad oc"

Inshallah my husband will hear something soon - i have e-mailed ukhub in order to get confirmation as to whether they have sent paperwork back.

My Husband's uncle s friend works at Gerry's and he's in contact with him so hopefully he'll pick up docs soon within next 1-2 days if they've been sent.

I'm sooooo scared/nervous/excited- just wonder how our husbands/wives feel they have to actually go down and pick up the passports!!!!

With the grace of Allah inshallah we will all get some good news soon!

ukusman

Re: re: settlement

Post by ukusman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:00 pm

zs786 wrote:
ukusman wrote:My wifes applications status changed this morning and inshallah she will go collect her paperwork in the morning. Please do dua everyone thats its a positive decision. Jazakallah.

thanks
Will make dua for you bro, inshallah your wife will get her Visa. All the best

Looks like most cases are being dealt with within 3 weeks which is a big improvement

Could you please answer 1 question i had, when your wife submitted her documents at the VAC did she book an appointment? or is it simply a walk in service and you join the que like its been in previous years
you will need to book an appointment before you can submit paperwork

thanks

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:01 pm

tazzie04 wrote:uksman- that's really good news! I hope inshallah your wife gets the visa.

Following my last post sent I e-mailed abu-dhabi on the 28th and got an automated response. However on sunday received e-mail from abu dhabi saying they have checked and application has been processed and to wait for VAC to call to collect papers!! - The status on the tracking site still says "app forwarded to Islamabad oc"

Inshallah my husband will hear something soon - i have e-mailed ukhub in order to get confirmation as to whether they have sent paperwork back.

My Husband's uncle s friend works at Gerry's and he's in contact with him so hopefully he'll pick up docs soon within next 1-2 days if they've been sent.

I'm sooooo scared/nervous/excited- just wonder how our husbands/wives feel they have to actually go down and pick up the passports!!!!

With the grace of Allah inshallah we will all get some good news soon!

You should inshallah get a response from ukhub soon. Will you please kindly let me what their response is ?

thanks

tazzie04
Newly Registered

Post by tazzie04 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Got a reply from uk hub just said that application processed wait for call from gerrys. :)

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:21 pm

tazzie04 wrote:Got a reply from uk hub just said that application processed wait for call from gerrys. :)

Hi Tazzie,

what was exact wording of their reply ? Cos i got a different reply.

Please advise

thanks

tazzie04
Newly Registered

Post by tazzie04 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:57 pm

wot was your reply? Email on work computer will paste tomorrow. :?

fazan_alam786
Newly Registered

Post by fazan_alam786 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Salaam Guys, I have submitted my app for my wife in Mirpur on the 16th December 2009 and still waiting for responce.. Gerrys have now confirmed that my some of the paper work has come back to London.. Like my personal stuff I.e Divorce Cert and Work info and Housing details... how much longer do you think I would have to wait now... :)

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:46 pm

tazzie04 wrote:wot was your reply? Email on work computer will paste tomorrow. :?
the email said " i am pleased to inform you that your visa application has been issue on 26/01/10" dnt know how to interpret it cos they usually send generic email saying "i have checked and can cofirm your application has been processed"

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:50 pm

fazan_alam786 wrote:Salaam Guys, I have submitted my app for my wife in Mirpur on the 16th December 2009 and still waiting for responce.. Gerrys have now confirmed that my some of the paper work has come back to London.. Like my personal stuff I.e Divorce Cert and Work info and Housing details... how much longer do you think I would have to wait now... :)
why some of the paperwork has only come to london and not all? Was it a new case or appeal?

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 am

Hi Just to let everyone know that my wife got her visa today by the grace of allah swt.

submitted application on 8/01/10
Email received from uk hub 1/02/10 stating visa application had been issued
collected passport on : 03/02/10

Just over 3 weeks.

Thanks for everyones help and assistance. May allah swt give your patience and assistance with your partners visas.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:06 am

Well done UKusman on your success. :P

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:46 am

Special thanks to Batley khan for the help provided in being successfull with my wifes application. May allah swt provide him with long life, health, happiness and prosperity. Thankyou

tazzie04
Newly Registered

Post by tazzie04 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi all just to let you know ma'shallah my hubby got his visa!! :lol:

Applied: 04/01/10
Status changed: 03/02/10
Picked up: 03/02/10

Many thanks to all members for their comments and support and I pray that all those waiting or applying have the same result I did!! :P

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Salam ,

hey bately khan how you doing ?? n hows every one ?? what about Desperate wife and other guys visas ??

tc

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Salam ,

hey bately khan how you doing ?? n hows every one ?? what about Desperate wife and other guys visas ??

tc
Desperate Wife is not desperate anymore. She is a happy and excited wife cos her hubby eventually got the visa( 11 months later).

Lately a lot of people getting visas and quickly.

I think Labour party is after pakistani votes now that a UK election is only a few months away :D

fazan_alam786
Newly Registered

Post by fazan_alam786 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:54 pm

Salaam ukusman... congrats for the missus.. it was a new case and only selected item only.... just gettin paranoid now.. where dod u submit ur paper work wit office!

zs786

Post by zs786 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:03 pm

congrats tazzie04 and ukusman :wink: great to ear the good news wish you all the best