ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding which VFS centre should I apply?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sankalpa1
Newly Registered

Query regarding which VFS centre should I apply?

Post by sankalpa1 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:39 am

I wish to apply for a student visa to UK. My passport has been issued by Ranchi Passport office (Jharkhand) and it has an address from Jharkhand in it. However, I am currently residing in Uttar Pradesh since few months. In that case which VFS centre should I apply? I feel that I should apply to east India (Kolkata) centre.

I would be grateful if anybody could please guide me in this regard.

Eagerly looking forward to a reply!

Avanish

sankalpa1
Newly Registered

Re: Query regarding which VFS centre should I apply?

Post by sankalpa1 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:51 am

Please reply to my message! I think a lot of people must have faced such a situation.

tata522

Post by tata522 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:21 am

if you are living in uttarpradesh and doing any job since few months back, then you can apply to any vfs office relating to uttarpradesh, bcoz as you are living and working there you can show it as a proof and apply,but any way eloborate your issue ina proper way, many people in this forum doesnt know what is uttarpradesh and in where does it fall i mean in east west south and north.

sankalpa1
Newly Registered

Post by sankalpa1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:52 am

The place where I am currently residing falls in North Zone VFS Centre (Uttar Pradesh). But my passport has an address of Jharkhand, where I used to study till June 2009. Jharkhand falls in east zone VFS centre. So, I am confused which VFS centre should I apply, East or North. I would personally love to apply to East centre as North centre has stopped accepting the Student visa applications for at least one month. I asked same question to VFS people. Their reply was:

"
Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

We would like to keep you informed that the applicant may apply from Kolkatta VFS application center if the passport is issued from Jharkhand.

"

So, it seems that I can apply from East India Centre. Now my question is : Do I need to give proof of current address? Because my passport address of Jharkhand is no longer valid.

Please pour your thoughts on this. I would be thankful for that.

With love,

Avanish