ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk citizen in Italy with Residence Card Question

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

superyeats
Newly Registered

Uk citizen in Italy with Residence Card Question

Post by superyeats » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Hello. I'm a UK citizen who arrived in Italy about 1month ago. I went to the Anagrafe and presented my documents and just yesterday I got a message stating my residence has been approved. I'm wondering what happens now... How do I get a physical residence card toreplace the simple receipt they gave me? Where must I go?

By the way I am in Trieste. any help is much appreciated. thanks

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

As a UK national resident in Italy, you are not entitled to receive a residence card.

Italy is entitled you require an EEA national to register his presence in Italy if he remains there for more than three months. If, indeed, Italy requires such registration, a registration certificate must be issued to the EEA national immediately.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

kobrien

Post by kobrien » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:10 am

you get a "carta di identita".

basically, it's a sheet of paper with your name, nationality, and picture of you stapled into it.
pretty lame.

the only thing that's important is getting a fical code from the fical code office. this is so you can open a bank account.

you can also register with the local health department and be give a family gp if youre interested.

there's nothing really else you will need.