ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goal2011
Newly Registered

ILR Dependent Query

Post by goal2011 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Hello Everyone,

I take this opportunity to appreciate the moderators and the members of this forum for your collaborative effort to help one another. Great Job!

Now to my situation in detail:

I came to UK in Oct/2005 on WP and I think I am eligible for ILR in Oct/2010.
(Never been out of UK in a single stretch of 90 days and total days away is within 180 days limit)

My wife stayed here with me (as WP dependant) from Oct/2005 till Sep/2008 and went to India to deliver our son (born in Dec/2008).
My wife and Son then joined me in Apr/2009.

My wife would have completed more than 4 years in UK (Not the last 2 years continuously though) and my son would not even be 2 years old when I am eligible for ILR.

Is my wife and son eligible for ILR along with my application in Oct/2010?

What are the supporting documents required for ILR so that I can start consolidating them now onwards?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Cheers!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:39 pm

goal2011 wrote:Is my wife and son eligible for ILR along with my application in Oct/2010?
Will depend on whether you're a Work Permit or a Tier 2 holder before applying for ILR.
Spouses of work permit holders to not need to spend 2 years in the UK as dependent before applying for ILR (196E) but spouses of Tier 2 holders do (319E). Children of either work permit holders (197-198) or Tier 2 holders (319F-J) do not need to spend 2 years in the UK as dependent before applying for ILR.
goal2011 wrote:What are the supporting documents required for ILR so that I can start consolidating them now onwards?
For documents needed, search the forum as there are numerous posts which spell out the list in detail.

regards

goal2011
Newly Registered

Post by goal2011 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Thank Sushdmehta! We are in T1 General now.

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:34 pm

I believe your wife also can apply with you in Oct 2010.
The rule does not explicitly state that you need to stay for continuously for last 2 years.
It says
"(d) The applicant and the Relevant Points Based System Migrant must have been living together in the UK in marriage or civil partnership, or in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership, for a period of at least 2 years. "
goal2011 wrote:Thank Sushdmehta! We are in T1 General now.

goody09

ILR

Post by goody09 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi there

If you are a WP holder any WP hoder dependant do not need to satisfy any residential period, my son and my wife joind me in UK the last two month in my 5 years as a WP holder dependant and they got the ILR with me without any problem, I had a confirmation from the HO before applying for ILR

If you are a tire 1 dependant need to be resident in UK for a minmium period of 2 years, hope these information are any help

Best wishes

Goody 09