ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cane

Post by Cane » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:48 pm

dejavus wrote:NCS or Postal : postal
Date of submission or posting : 05/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 06/01/2010
CRITERIA: HSMP 4 years+ 1 year ILR (JR)
Method of payment: cheque
Date cheque cleared on: 19/01/2010
Date of receipt of approval : 01/02/2010

Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
Date of passport application : Pending
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending
:lol:
Congratulations dejavus! Just one question: did you receive confirmation of approval in the post today, or were you able to confirm with the HO on the phone? I applied via NCS on the 29th of December, so this rapid turnaround is encouraging.

Thanks,
-Cane

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:12 pm

hello guys ...can anyone of you guys who they already applied ...if you can tell us you experience with the NCS ...how they were checking the document and application form ...etc ....and how many minute does it take ...plz

thank you very much ..as i'm about to apply ...but need some information before ..or somebody experience ...

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:11 pm

hi evrybody i called HO today and i told my application was gevin to caseworker on 27 jan i was applied on 23 DES its take mor than a month to be gevin to case worker anybody know how long will take with caseworker to make a dicestion?

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:12 pm

hi evrybody i called HO today and i told my application was gevin to caseworker on 27 jan i was applied on 23 DES its take mor than a month to be gevin to case worker anybody know how long will take with caseworker to make a dicestion?

Eskar

Re: .

Post by Eskar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi murad ,

first thing i suppose even if you applied month ago but you should count the date when they gave acknowledgement or took the money from your account. 2nd thing its good new ur case is now to caseworker. well if you take MsKay as example it took 2days so it wont be long.
mohamedmourad wrote:hi evrybody i called HO today and i told my application was gevin to caseworker on 27 jan i was applied on 23 DES its take mor than a month to be gevin to case worker anybody know how long will take with caseworker to make a dicestion?

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm

thank you eskar i receve aknloge letter on 15 jan was dated 8 jan and mony taken from my account on 8 jan i hope it not take long time with case worker im worred because i heared that some application been with case worker over 3 or4 months i dont know is that is tru? i heat been weating but no choise i pry i have good news soon and i pry for evrybody too

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:42 pm

mohamedmourad wrote:hi evrybody i called HO today and i told my application was gevin to caseworker on 27 jan i was applied on 23 DES its take mor than a month to be gevin to case worker anybody know how long will take with caseworker to make a dicestion?
Hi Mohamed

I think by the end of this week you will have good news, so your journey is almost complete. Keep us posted and remain positive.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:03 pm

mohamedmourad wrote:thank you eskar i receve aknloge letter on 15 jan was dated 8 jan and mony taken from my account on 8 jan i hope it not take long time with case worker im worred because i heared that some application been with case worker over 3 or4 months i dont know is that is tru? i heat been weating but no choise i pry i have good news soon and i pry for evrybody too
Mourad, you are nearly there mate. Good news is on the way. I have been off for a while so I could'nt catch up with you guys.

Congratulation Peteribe and other those succeded with their applications. When I applied I put my ceremony tobe held at the council which is closed to my work not home. And HO did send my certificate there. So, I think it depends caseworker to casewoker who is dealing with your application.

Mskay, I think you have had your ceremony already. If so, then accept my congratulations as your journey is nearly finished.

PCB, you should have your good news too. You have waited for long so should hear some thing soon.

Eskar, have you got any news yet?

Chaudhry, let us know the outcome of your call please.

Eagleeye, sorry mate I have been really tied up big time. I will be in contact with you soon.

Regards
KESH

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:32 pm

mskay
keshgrover
thank you support and good luck for passport hope you bouth get it soon and reach the end of journey

eskar
pcb
hope you having good news soon

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:06 pm

keshgover,

nothing yet mate well it just 2 weeks and i havent call them. if i even do so they might show me the repeat telecast of 6 month.

Murad,

even i hate to wait but nothing i can do. dnt thing it would be wise to call as it just 2 weeks since i i applied.
keshgrover wrote:
mohamedmourad wrote:thank you eskar i receve aknloge letter on 15 jan was dated 8 jan and mony taken from my account on 8 jan i hope it not take long time with case worker im worred because i heared that some application been with case worker over 3 or4 months i dont know is that is tru? i heat been weating but no choise i pry i have good news soon and i pry for evrybody too
Mourad, you are nearly there mate. Good news is on the way. I have been off for a while so I could'nt catch up with you guys.

Congratulation Peteribe and other those succeded with their applications. When I applied I put my ceremony tobe held at the council which is closed to my work not home. And HO did send my certificate there. So, I think it depends caseworker to casewoker who is dealing with your application.

Mskay, I think you have had your ceremony already. If so, then accept my congratulations as your journey is nearly finished.

PCB, you should have your good news too. You have waited for long so should hear some thing soon.

Eskar, have you got any news yet?

Chaudhry, let us know the outcome of your call please.

Eagleeye, sorry mate I have been really tied up big time. I will be in contact with you soon.

Regards

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 pm

eskar you right its beter to weat another tow week and give call and dont worry because is no bankholiday in this month i think your case will be fast good luck

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:03 am

hello guys ...can anyone of you guys who they already applied ...if you can tell us you experience with the NCS ...how they were checking the document and application form ...etc ....and how many minute does it take ...plz

thank you very much ..as i'm about to apply ...but need some information before ..or somebody's experience ... thanks

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:47 am

[quote="joelondon"]hello guys ...can anyone of you guys who they already applied ...if you can tell us you experience with the NCS ...how they were checking the document and application form ...etc ....and how many minute does it take ...plz

thank you very much ..as i'm about to apply ...but need some information before ..or somebody's experience ... thanks[/quote]

Hi joelondon,

I applied through NCS Hatfield recently. It takes about half and hour per application. Basically they run through your form and ask for relevant documents one by one, while completing a form/checklist for the HO.

They spent more time on my exits and entries than anything else. They will confirm some information on the form with you as a formality and also make you sign a declaration at the end. At the end they will copy all your originals and give them back to you. They will also give you the copy of the form(s) you submit.

Key documents - passports, marriage certificate, life in the UK test, ID used for the life in the UK test and child's birth certificate. They asked me to bring a lot more but subsequently didn't check it.

Overall, it was pleasant and the lady who dealt with us was very courteous. No PEO style counters, this was done sitting face to face with a person in an office.

Hope that helps

Regards - Spartac

hsmporwp

Re: Approval Recieved

Post by hsmporwp » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:39 am

anyone has experience whether HO send approval letter as normal or recorded delivery? Thanks
hsmporwp wrote:Congrats... one question though... Do they send the approval by normal delivery or recorded? recently changed my address and royal mail does not redirect recorded delivery... Thanks in advance...

MsKay wrote:Hi All

I am pleased report that I have been approved for british citizenship and would like to thank you all for your continuous support, (would have gone mad other wise). Kesh you've been brilliant, Mohamedmourad, PCB and those waiting try not to worry this coming week will be your week.

My updated timeline

NCS or Postal : NCS Luton
Date of submission or posting : 18/12/09
Date recieved by HO: 22/12/09 - Due to adverse weather
CRITERIA: 3 years married to British citizen
Date of debit of Card : 08/01/10

Date receipt of acknowledgement : 13/1/10 (dated 8/01/10)
Date of receipt of approval : 30/1/10 (dated 22/01/10)

Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

PCB
Newly Registered

Post by PCB » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:57 am

Its a second class post delivery from HO and takes 14 days to reach.

My letter was posted on Jan 25th not reached till now.

PCB

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:30 pm

pcb dont worry you will get it tommorow its not 14 days yet from 25 till now its 8 days some time take 10 days.
they charge 720£ and they use second calss post i think if they charge extra 20£ and using first class post will be beter

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Spartac wrote:
Hi joelondon,

I applied through NCS Hatfield recently. It takes about half and hour per application. Basically they run through your form and ask for relevant documents one by one, while completing a form/checklist for the HO.

They spent more time on my exits and entries than anything else. They will confirm some information on the form with you as a formality and also make you sign a declaration at the end. At the end they will copy all your originals and give them back to you. They will also give you the copy of the form(s) you submit.

Key documents - passports, marriage certificate, life in the UK test, ID used for the life in the UK test and child's birth certificate. They asked me to bring a lot more but subsequently didn't check it.

Overall, it was pleasant and the lady who dealt with us was very courteous. No PEO style counters, this was done sitting face to face with a person in an office.

Hope that helps

Regards - Spartac[/quote]

hi there ...
you said that they have spent more time on the exit and entry stamp then anything else ??? how come ...i mean if you have many stamps and sometimes ...one on other ...how they can figure it out ??? and by the way ...they will fill the application form for us ?? or we do it our self ??? you said they complete the form for you ??? can you clarify this for me plz thanks

MsKay

Citizenship Ceremony

Post by MsKay » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:06 pm

I booked a private ceremony for Saturday 6th Feb... cant wait!!

For those who are waiting good news will be on your door step any day now so keep the champagne on ice.

All the best guys :D

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:14 pm

hi there ...
you said that they have spent more time on the exit and entry stamp then anything else ??? how come ...i mean if you have many stamps and sometimes ...one on other ...how they can figure it out ??? and by the way ...they will fill the application form for us ?? or we do it our self ??? you said they complete the form for you ??? can you clarify this for me plz thanks
You have to fill the form yourself prior to your appointment at NCS. NCS does check if your form has any problems or any thing missing. They also do check whether you are providing sufficient documentation as required by HO. If not they will ask you to come back and submit the rest of documents. You are also suppose to fill the form in regards to your absences from UK by yourself. Once is full and final you will be given a royal mail refference number to trace your post to HO. That is what my experience was with NCS.
Last edited by keshgrover on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KESH

chaudhrei
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhrei » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:15 pm

[/quote]
hi there ...

[/quote]

Hi Joelondon,
You will fill up all the forms.
Person at NCS will check that the form is correctly filled up.
He Will enquire about / and see exit - entry stamps to make sure the you have been out of uk for recomended period.
He will copy all your documents and return original.
You will sign a form regarding your application.
You will give him either filled fee form ( if paying by CC) or you will give him details of transcash etc.
You will pay him the NCS fee (cash, DC, CC), and he will give youe the receipt.
Hope this claify things

Chaudhrei

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Post by keshgrover » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:19 pm

MsKay wrote:I booked a private ceremony for Saturday 6th Feb... cant wait!!

For those who are waiting good news will be on your door step any day now so keep the champagne on ice.

All the best guys :D
Well done Mskay. You are only couple of days away. It is a life changing event. Do not foget to take your camera with you to have some pictures taken after ceremony. You will love this moment and remember it for long. Wish you a very good luck. BTW dont forget to take your current passport and invitation letter with you on the day of ceremony.

Regards
KESH

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:20 pm

PCB wrote:Its a second class post delivery from HO and takes 14 days to reach.

My letter was posted on Jan 25th not reached till now.

PCB
PCB I would highly recommend you to call your preffered council immidiately. They must have your certificate with them by now. That is what happend in my case. And there are many more examples like this on this board.

Good luck.
KESH

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:27 pm

hi there ...

Hi joelondon,

I think all your other questions have been answered. Regarding exits and entries, they did look at all the stamps on my passport to verify the dates I had entered. I had done my homework on that and noted down all the relevant page numbers on my passport for each enty / exit I had listed which assisted the NCS in verifying my dates.

It might be useful to do that before you go if you have a lot of trips overseas.

Regards - Spartac

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi Murad,

LOL, i would say charge extra 5 pound but send in 1st class or recorded. i did call them today. same radio programm " you just applied , would take 3-6 month". if you informantion is true that calling might delay application then im in trouble :). just hope that it doesnt take same time as my dad [3 month] but it was beginning of last year. things might change over the time

mohamedmourad wrote:pcb dont worry you will get it tommorow its not 14 days yet from 25 till now its 8 days some time take 10 days.
they charge 720£ and they use second calss post i think if they charge extra 20£ and using first class post will be beter

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:04 pm

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 03/02/2010
Date recieved by HO: Pending
CRITERIA: Married to British Citizen
Date of debit of Card : Pending
Date receipt of acknowledgement : Pending
Date of receipt of approval : Pending