ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2009-10 UK Applicants -FLR - Timelines: NOV-DEC 09 - 2010

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi coolguycp1

My child is a new born.

Your newborn also needs biometrics but no fingerprints.....only photo taken at bio centre.

When I phoned the ukba, I told them that I was worried that my biometrics letter got lost in the post and if they could check if it was sent out already….

They confirmed that it was sent out.

Perhaps you could also use this tactic…it worked for me……I gave them my post office tracking number.

Hope this helps

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:58 pm

I heard from a friend that FLR (M) applications are currently taking up to four months to process! Ridiculous considering that they can offer a same day service for £200 more!

I'm guessing that is the delay in sending out biometric letters because they cannot meet the deadline of 14 weeks after biometrics.

AntCoe you are lucky that you got your biometric letter! A lot of us are still waiting for that.... :(

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:29 pm

AntCoe wrote:Hi coolguycp1

My child is a new born.

Your newborn also needs biometrics but no fingerprints.....only photo taken at bio centre.
AntCoe, did you apply on form FLR (O)? I applied through this form, and as this form does not require biometric information to be taken, I don't think biometric information is required for newborn children.

The form that you had used to apply for your child should clearly indicate requirement for any biometrics (for example, FLR(M) clearly states the bios requirements).

doggles
Newly Registered

FLR (M)

Post by doggles » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Date Applied/Docs sent: 14-OCT-2009
Date Docs reached HO:20-OCT-2009
Date Payment Deducted: 21-OCT-2009
Date Docs returned as 0.0001mm out on photo :roll: : 30-NOV-2009
Date Docs returned to HO: 3-DEC-2009
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 09-DEC-2009
Date Biometrics Appointment Derby: 04-JAN-2010
Date Passport/Docs received from HO:
Result & VISA stamped:
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse

Called them up last week and was advised that I could write a letter to request an update on application 4 weeks after biometrics. Am sending the letter tomorrow.

We are booked to go backpacking in April, I hope everything goes through by then but am a bit nervous as its literally 6 months since the application on the day we fly.

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:46 am

Hi coolguycp1

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer regarding my type of application. Its FLR(BID) -UK ANCESTRY

My visa was issued pre April 2006 (4 years) which expires soon (June2010) So now I my wife and I need to extend our visa to qualify for the 5 year stay. Luckily our baby was born just before we needed to extend our visa so she only pays a dependent fee of£50. So it’s my wife, baby and I applying to extend – all on one form

It could be that perhaps your specific category does not require biometrics at this stage. UKBA are rolling out compulsory biometrics cards category by category.

Under what section of FLR (O) are you applying to extend as most of the categories were transferred to FLR (BID)

I am hoping its one of the below, if not, then you used the wrong form….
• as a general visitor
• as an overseas qualified nurse or midwife;
• as a private servant in a diplomatic household
• as a dependant of exempt HM forces personnel; or
• for other purposes/reasons not covered by other application forms.
Let me know

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:08 am

@ doggles

Are you sure? It’s the first time that I have heard that you could write to them requesting an updated after 4 weeks of doing your biometrics....When you phone in, they say 14 weeks…. Rumour has it that if you chase them up for your application, they simply put you at the bottom of the queue again

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:40 am

@AntCoe

I am here on a 5 year work permit since Oct 2006. I filled in the FLR(O) form for my son (sub-category for other purposes/reasons not covered by other application forms) as per the guidelines published on the the UKBA website.

Moreover, I had cross-checked with some of my colleagues whose circumstances were similar to mine and they got their childrens' visa using form FLR (O). So, the form that I used should be correct. This form has no guidelines right now for biometric processes. But, you may be right as the bios may be rolled out in a couple of months time under this section too.

Just to add, my colleagues had earlier told me that it took them around 4-6 weeks to get the visa stamped, I was sure that my case will also be processed in that timeframe. Alas, it was not to be. I had booked my flights and hotel for a hoilday which was planned to start yesterday. But I have had to cancel them all for which I had to forfeit extra money.

In hindsight, I should have applied for premium service. I would advise everyone to apply through premium service as shelling £200 more for the service is worth more than the endless wait for the visa.

MJ_Macca
Newly Registered

FLR(m)

Post by MJ_Macca » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:18 am

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, I received FLR(m) today! Finally, it's been a hell of a wait which all of you know. It's taken almost 13 weeks to the day since receipt of acknowledgement, and 7 weeks since submitting my biometrics. Good luck to all of you still waiting, I'm sure it will be fine!

Cheers

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:57 am

@ MJ_Macca

Congrats! You must be so relieved!

I'm still waiting for my biometrics letter and it has already been 9 weeks since receipt of acknowledgment! I guess its just a waiting game.
Last edited by Panesar on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MJ_Macca
Newly Registered

Post by MJ_Macca » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Good luck Panesar! I'm sure it will be fine, but it's a hell of a waiting game. It's just awful as you know, and I think for ILR I'll definitely go to the PEO! All the best with you application!

bongaye
Newly Registered

Post by bongaye » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:35 am

Mj macca
in fact congrats.i am so happy for you but so frustrated because we applied on the same date and i havent had mine yet.not even a letter for biometrics.its terrible

iam just so worried

bongaye
Newly Registered

Post by bongaye » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:35 pm

panesar

we are in the same sitaution.no biometrics letter since receipt of acknowlegement dated 9th of NOV.
TERRIBLE

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:12 pm

@ bongaye

I know, it's terrible. I really wish i had gone for the premium service.

Please keep us updated on your situation. I will do the same. Good luck!

Hopefully we will hear something soon!!

MJ_Macca
Newly Registered

flr(m)

Post by MJ_Macca » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:22 pm

I know guys, it's just bloody awful. I think the butterflies in my stomach are still recovering! All the very best with your applications. I'm sure they'll go through fine. Try to phone them as soon as the 14 week time period is up, that should be next weekend right? All the best!

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:34 am

I had used Freedom of Information Act to ask for the number of applications under FLR (O) made between 24th Nov and 25th Nov 2009 and their status. I got the following reply:-

*FLR(O)visa applications under category other purpose/reasons not covered by other application forms received between 24 and 25 Nov 09

Total Received - 52

Total Dispatched - 31

No. Outstanding - 21

As you can make out, 3 months since my application, UKBA has only managed to process 60% of applications. Pretty pathetic rate of conversion. :evil:

Btw, Congrats MJ_Macca on getting your visa. Hope our wait for the visa ends soon.

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:55 am

@coolguycp1

Can you copy/paste the format of your letter to them re-stats. i would like to ask them about flr(bid) applications between the same periods.

the numbers are indeed pretty pathetic!

thanks

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:40 pm

@ AntCoe,

Here is the copy of the letter that I sent to the Freedom Information Team.

Dear UK Border Agency,

I would like to know the statistics for processing time for
FLR(O)visa applications under category "other purpose/reasons not
covered by other application forms"

Dates for statistics : From 24 Nov 2009 to 25 Nov 2009.

The detail should include the following:-

1. No. of applications received
2. No. of decisions made on those applications until now
3. No. of decisions pending on those applications until now

Thank you in advance for your help

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:29 pm

@Coolguycp1

which address did you use?

I used:

UK Border Agency
Freedom of Information Team
11th Floor
Lunar House, Short Corridor
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

I've just sent them a letter as well for FLR (M) ...

Thanks.

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Freedom.Informationteam@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I got a reply from them saying they are working on my enquiry.

Lets wait and see.

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks, i've just emailed them as well as written to them!

It is just ridiculous that it should take so long!

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:15 am

I called the Home Office again yesterday. They still cannot locate my application on their system. It hs been 12 weeks now and I am worried that they may have misplcaed my application.

I have been asked to call again in 4 days time to check if the application has been added in the system. Also, when I asked how can I expedite my case, the guy at the other end told me to write a letter to Home Office @ their Croyden address.

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:02 pm

I got my biometrics letter today!!! Finally! After 10 weeks of waiting! It is such a relief... but i'm only half way there!

Fuscia

Post by Fuscia » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:42 am

Date Applied/Docs sent: 12-OCT-2009
Date Docs reached HO:14-OCT-2009
Date Payment Deducted: 15-OCT-2009
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 06-Nov-2009
Date Biometrics Appointment Liverpool: 14-Dec-2009
Date Passport/Docs received from HO:6-Jan 2010
Result & VISA stamped: 23 Dec 2009
Recieved ID card: 28thDec 2009

By the way watch out my brothers docs and passports were left with a neighbour. parcel force didnt even slip a note through the door. My bro got his ID card on 28th Dec 2009. We waited for his passport till 13th Jan 2010, rang the HO to find out what was going on, they sent the docs via Parcel force on 4th Jan 2010, we rang Parcel Foce they said we left apackage with your neighboron 6th Jan 2010.

So finally gotall his docs back!!!But watch out for Parcel force!!!

bongaye
Newly Registered

Post by bongaye » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:31 am

[hi panesar.dont worry.just be calm.when they sent me the first letter inviting me for biometrics i never saw it.they sent the second one on the 4th feb telling me i didnt book my biometrics.that was terrible.i have booked one for 15 feb and hopefully i will get my id as soon as possible.i say so because i booked by phone and the person who answered told me they are not so busy at the moment-you can guess what he means by that.i know how stressful it is but we will get our id`s back soon after the biometrics.all the best

quote="Panesar"]I got my biometrics letter today!!! Finally! After 10weeks of waiting! It is such a relief... but i'm only half way there![/quote]

bongaye
Newly Registered

Post by bongaye » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:37 am

Fuscia wrote: hi fuscia
you have given me hope.i have my biometrics appointment tomorrow and i just hope my id comes vey soon after.as i can see you got yours just two weeks after your biometrics.that is incredibly fast.others wait for 3months after that.hope i dont.ive got a very good job offer and i feel sorry for my husband because i cant support him financially even after he spent so much money for our wedding.hope things will be ok

Date Applied/Docs sent: 12-OCT-2009
Date Docs reached HO:14-OCT-2009
Date Payment Deducted: 15-OCT-2009
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 06-Nov-2009
Date Biometrics Appointment Liverpool: 14-Dec-2009
Date Passport/Docs received from HO:6-Jan 2010
Result & VISA stamped: 23 Dec 2009
Recieved ID card: 28thDec 2009

By the way watch out my brothers docs and passports were left with a neighbour. parcel force didnt even slip a note through the door. My bro got his ID card on 28th Dec 2009. We waited for his passport till 13th Jan 2010, rang the HO to find out what was going on, they sent the docs via Parcel force on 4th Jan 2010, we rang Parcel Foce they said we left apackage with your neighboron 6th Jan 2010.

So finally gotall his docs back!!!But watch out for Parcel force!!!