ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependent Wife's Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpapp

Tier1 Dependent Wife's Visa

Post by hsmpapp » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Hi All,

I am in UK for more than 12 months under HSMP Visa that will expire in April,2010. I am getting married in Feb nxt yr in India and my wife will join me here. I have applied for my Visa extn under Tier1 now and waitin for approval. I will apply for my wife's visa in India in Feb nxt yr.

My ques is :
To obtain dependent (wife) visa, do i need to submit any accommodation proof (House lease agreement ) etc? Nothing has been mentioned about this in the PBS Guidance for dependent visa but i did read many discussions regarding accommodation proof req (lease agreement , utility bills etc).

If i do require the Housing lease agreement, then in my case , m not sure what to submit then. My current lease(shared home) expires in Feb nxt yr (same month as for marriage) and then i wl move to new place by march 1st wk. I wl get a lease for new home for myself by Jan end. Now, which docs shall i submit if required ?

Thanks,
HsmpApp

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1 Dependent Wife's Visa

Post by mvent00 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:28 pm

hsmpapp wrote:Hi All,

I am in UK for more than 12 months under HSMP Visa that will expire in April,2010. I am getting married in Feb nxt yr in India and my wife will join me here. I have applied for my Visa extn under Tier1 now and waitin for approval. I will apply for my wife's visa in India in Feb nxt yr.

My ques is :
To obtain dependent (wife) visa, do i need to submit any accommodation proof (House lease agreement ) etc? Nothing has been mentioned about this in the PBS Guidance for dependent visa but i did read many discussions regarding accommodation proof req (lease agreement , utility bills etc).

If i do require the Housing lease agreement, then in my case , m not sure what to submit then. My current lease(shared home) expires in Feb nxt yr (same month as for marriage) and then i wl move to new place by march 1st wk. I wl get a lease for new home for myself by Jan end. Now, which docs shall i submit if required ?

Thanks,
HsmpApp
As Tier 1 dependent your wife should provide with her application:
1- Marriage certificate
2- Proof of sufficient/required maintenance funds (from your or her account)
2- VAF10 application form
3- Recent photos according to UKBA guidelines.
4- Visa fee
5 - Copy of pages from your passport containing Tier 1 visa.

That's all what she needs with her application.

Saga

Post by Saga » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:35 am

Apart from these listed docs (also mentioned in the guidance), why do many people submit photographs, emails/chat logs, accommodation proof etc. ?

There are also many cases mentioned in this forum where visas have been rejected because of lack these. How can they reject visas on the basis of no supplying documents which they never ask for !! ?

Can somone clarify this?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:46 am

why do many people submit photographs, emails/chat logs, accommodation proof etc. ?
Did you mean passport-sized photographs? It is mandatory to provide them.

If you meant marriage photographs, not necessary.

But, I think anybody provides them only to be on the safer side. When you are applying for the first time and you are very anxious about your application. As a lot of money is involved and it matter of your career, you want to be extra cautious. It is only after you get your visa and travel to UK, you feel that it was silly to include those particular documents or photographs. When I first applied for EC, I included my marriage photographs etc. but now I feel it is absolutely not necessary. :) That is why forums like these are so important in educating the applicants and the members here are doing a fantastic job.
visas have been rejected because of lack these

Not sure. So cannot comment.

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Agree aruni4470 !
Not sure. So cannot comment.
See for example here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51352

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Saga wrote:Apart from these listed docs (also mentioned in the guidance), why do many people submit photographs, emails/chat logs, accommodation proof etc. ?

U dont have to submit photographs cuz Marriage Certificate is sufficient,

They never asked for accomodation proof but its better to provide tenancy agreement

Regarding chat logs and emails its only for those who are married long ago and the dependent is still in the country of residence

There are also many cases mentioned in this forum where visas have been rejected because of lack these. How can they reject visas on the basis of no supplying documents which they never ask for !! ?

Can somone clarify this?
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Thanks yasa for your replies. Got some good clarifications !
Regarding chat logs and emails its only for those who are married long ago and the dependent is still in the country of residence
How does the UKBA define long ago?

I am asking 'coz I intend to get married but apply for dependent visa for my spouse after about 8-9 months. Would this effect my spouse's application ? Would I have to submit proofs of contact for these months?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:52 pm

What needs to be proved, when two married partners have not been living together, is the existance of an on-going relationship between the two. Therefore, when a dependent applies for EC, having stayed in his/her country and away from the main sponsor (in UK), ECO can ask for evidence of an o-going relationship. This is usually proved by things such as chat logs, email communications, phone call bills etc.

The Tier 1 dependent policy guidance does not mention inclusion of such evidence, and is perhaps, not required too. But when someone is applying for spouse visa or applying for entry clearance of spouse / unmarried partner / same gender partner in other immigration categories, such evidences are important.

Hope this helps.

regards

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:07 pm

I agree with Sush. Just to add the ECO need to be satisfied that an applicant will not claim any public funds. Hence people show extra evidence than asked in the guidance notes.

Particularly regarding accomodation and relationship with the dependants.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/mainte ... ommodation

Saga

Post by Saga » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks everyone for their replies.

I have few more questions ..

1) Would my wife need to change her passport name with husband's last name?

2) Is there a maximum time limit of applying for Tier 1 Dependent visa BEFORE the intended date of travel? The regional ukvisa website mention 3 months for applications. Not sure about Tier 1 ?

3) Is there maximum time limit to travel AFTER visa issuance?

4) Whats the average processing time for Tier 1 dependent? The ukvisas website does not specific for 'dependent' but for the main applicant. Are they the same?

Many Thanks !

vks

Post by vks » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:22 pm

Saga wrote:Thanks everyone for their replies.

I have few more questions ..

1) Would my wife need to change her passport name with husband's last name?
If She wishers so!

2) Is there a maximum time limit of applying for Tier 1 Dependent visa BEFORE the intended date of travel? The regional ukvisa website mention 3 months for applications. Not sure about Tier 1 ?

No

3) Is there maximum time limit to travel AFTER visa issuance?

No(Until the visa expiry)

4) Whats the average processing time for Tier 1 dependent? The ukvisas website does not specific for 'dependent' but for the main applicant. Are they the same?

Guide to processing times

Many Thanks !
Regards,
vks

Saga

Post by Saga » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:07 pm

No
The ukvisas say

When to submit your application

You can start the visa application process up to 3 months in advance of your planned travel date. The UK Border Agency advises you to start the visa application process at least 5-10 weeks prior to your planned travel date.

I am not clear if this is a general recommendation and am looking for something specific to Tier 1.

Guide to processing times
I did have a look at the link and for a specific VC it shows something like
Points Based System Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 30 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made
PBS Tier 1 0% 0% 0% 25% 53% 75% 90% 96% 96% 32
PBS Tier 2 0% 0% 0% 55% 72% 83% 88% 100% 100% 18
PBS Tier 4 0% 0% 0% 39% 70% 92% 94% 99% 99% 458

Again this only says about Tier 1 Main applicant nothing about Tier 1Dependent ? Shall I assume them to be the same ?

Many Thanks !

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Saga wrote:Apart from these listed docs (also mentioned in the guidance), why do many people submit photographs, emails/chat logs, accommodation proof etc. ?

Can somone clarify this?

According to my study and exp. the officers need to know that you have a firm plan of what are you going to do after landing in the UK.
These documents are not mandatory but helps the officers to know that you have PLANNED your stay in the UK and you have a place/arrangement made already before landing in the UK.

Email copied , chats perhaps make your application strong and helps convince the officer.