ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help - extension and dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salman83

help - extension and dependant visa

Post by salman83 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:11 pm

Hi all,

I am currently on HSMP and will going to apply for extension under Tier-1. I was filling the form, I came across this question which I am bit confused.
D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?
Should I tick No or yes.

Also, another question regarding dependant visa. I just recently got married but I will going to apply for wife visa after my extension. I have a question.
Does my wife needs to change her surname to the one that I have. And also, is there any problem for her visa if she does not changes it.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: help - extension and dependant visa

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:30 pm

salman83 wrote:Hi all,

I am currently on HSMP and will going to apply for extension under Tier-1. I was filling the form, I came across this question which I am bit confused.
D5. Are either the applicant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?
Should I tick No or yes.

If the passport which has your current leave is unavailable , then yes. If you have your passport with you then NO.

Also, another question regarding dependant visa. I just recently got married but I will going to apply for wife visa after my extension. I have a question.
Does my wife needs to change her surname to the one that I have. And also, is there any problem for her visa if she does not changes it.
Not necessary.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by aruni4470 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

[iD]

Re: help - extension and dependant visa

Post by [iD] » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:11 am

aruni4470 wrote:
salman83 wrote:Hi all,

Should I tick No or yes.

Depends on whether your previous passports (if any) are available or not. If you have got previous passports which you used to travel to UK and are not available to send along with your application then the answer is YES and if you have only one passport or have all the passports available then NO

Not necessary.

Thanks in advance.
Aruni,
doesn't that question mean "if current OR previous passports that has the the current leave
meaning its asking if the passport (which has the current leave) unavailable

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:19 am

Aruni,
doesn't that question mean "if current OR previous passports that has the the current leave
meaning its asking if the passport (which has the current leave) unavailable
True. Sorry, I have edited the post.