ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alex2010
Newly Registered

Maintenance fund query

Post by alex2010 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:41 pm

Dear all,

I booked a preimum service on 10th March. I am planning to provide my HSBC flexisaver bank stmts from 4th Nov to 4th March as my maintence funds. The balance is £1,000 from 4th Nov to 17th December, £3000 from 18th December to date.

My problem is that my salary was paid into my current account where I have a £2000 overdraft facility. During 4th Nov to 17th December, my current account was overdrawn by £300 -£500 for quite a few times. But from 17th Dec, it has been maintained at a positive balance. As I need to submit my current account stmts as proof of prev earnings, will this overdrawn affect my application?

To make it clear, I am going to submit both of my flexisaver and current a/c stmts. Will the case worker say: although you have maintain £1,000 in your flexisaver account, you are £300 - £500 overdrawn in your current account, so you didn't have £800 in your account in all time during the past 3 months.

I look forward for your reply. Thank you very much.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Maintenance fund query

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:12 pm

alex2010 wrote:Dear all,

I booked a preimum service on 10th March. I am planning to provide my HSBC flexisaver bank stmts from 4th Nov to 4th March as my maintence funds. The balance is £1,000 from 4th Nov to 17th December, £3000 from 18th December to date.

My problem is that my salary was paid into my current account where I have a £2000 overdraft facility. During 4th Nov to 17th December, my current account was overdrawn by £300 -£500 for quite a few times. But from 17th Dec, it has been maintained at a positive balance. As I need to submit my current account stmts as proof of prev earnings, will this overdrawn affect my application?

To make it clear, I am going to submit both of my flexisaver and current a/c stmts. Will the case worker say: although you have maintain £1,000 in your flexisaver account, you are £300 - £500 overdrawn in your current account, so you didn't have £800 in your account in all time during the past 3 months.

I look forward for your reply. Thank you very much.
No, it'll not be a problem as long as you clearly specify that the Current Account is being used to provide evidence of Salary/Wages and the Flexi Saver Account is for Maintenance Funds. The overdraft facility extended by your bank is like a loan to tide over day to day short term expenses.
Regards,
crowbar6