ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Affidavit - How to get it done?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prasad123
Newly Registered

Affidavit - How to get it done?

Post by prasad123 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Can someone pls enlighten me on this? This is the only pending part for me.

I have to do it for the name change, supportive document though I have the official gazette copy.

1. Who writes it? I mean should I declare/state the content or should the notary declare it?

2. Who all signs in it? Me and the notary?

3. I live in the US, so is it alright if I get it from a local US notary? Or should I get it from someone in India? If I can, is it valid?

Thanks.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Affidavit - How to get it done?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am

prasad123 wrote:Can someone pls enlighten me on this? This is the only pending part for me.

I have to do it for the name change, supportive document though I have the official gazette copy.

1. Who writes it? I mean should I declare/state the content or should the notary declare it? - Yes you should get a affidavit from the NOTARY

2. Who all signs in it? Me and the notary?

3. I live in the US, so is it alright if I get it from a local US notary? Or should I get it from someone in India? If I can, is it valid? - You can get it done in US.. in UK some of our memebers got self-affidavit done from Indian High Commission, London.. but any NOTARY can do it..

Thanks.
pls find the format of the affidavit (searched on this forum)
AFFIDAVIT

I, <your name> S/o. Mr. <father's name> age 29 years residing at <address> holder of Indian Passport No. <Passport No> issued from <Issue Place>, India on <issue date> hereby make oath and state as follow:

1. I have recently changed my Surname/Last name from <old_name/surname> to <new name/surname>. My passport contains my new surname i.e. <new surname>. Since I have changed it recently, all my academic certificates reflects my old surname i.e. <old name/surname>.

My name in passport appears as “<new name>â€