ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Permit as a student: Payslips/accommodation...

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chippo
Newly Registered

Family Permit as a student: Payslips/accommodation...

Post by chippo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:05 am

I am Australian, and my wife is Spanish. We are looking to go to the UK under the family permit scheme as I have gained entry to a British Uni. We figured that as we are married, I wouldn't need to go for Tier 4 Student visa and that the Family Permit route would be much easier.

I have five quick queries:

1. We have both been working in a hotel without a contract, with no payslips. So how can we supply them information that we will not use the State system?

2. She is planning on studying, when she comes with me to the UK, so how can she "exercise her treaty rights"?

3. Also, proof of accommodation is necessary. I understand a hostel booking is sufficient, but for how long should we book the stay?

4. How long is the Family permit valid for?

5. When does it's "valid from" date start?

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Family Permit as a student: Payslips/accommodation...

Post by Ben » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi Ben, nice name.
benreynolds4 wrote:1. We have both been working in a hotel without a contract, with no payslips. So how can we supply them information that we will not use the State system?
You are not required to supply such information.
benreynolds4 wrote:2. She is planning on studying, when she comes with me to the UK, so how can she "exercise her treaty rights"?
By studying. Your wife must also hold comprehensive sickness insurance cover for the both of you, once she (and you) have been resident in the UK for in excess of three months.
benreynolds4 wrote:3. Also, proof of accommodation is necessary. I understand a hostel booking is sufficient, but for how long should we book the stay?
For the issuance of an EEA Family Permit proof accommodation is not necessary.
benreynolds4 wrote:4. How long is the Family permit valid for?
Six months. Once in the UK, you should apply for a Residence Card using form EEA2.
benreynolds4 wrote:5. When does it's "valid from" date start?
From the date of issuance.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

chippo
Newly Registered

Re: Family Permit as a student: Payslips/accommodation...

Post by chippo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 pm

dear benifa,

thank you very much for your help.
on the "comprehensive sickness insurance cover", my wife has health insurance from the EU automatically (European Health Card). I also have private health insurance here.

Does that mean we have to arrange it in the UK, even as I will have the same EU health insurance once I get double nationality.

Ben