ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am i eligible for Tier I (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

diyatheangel
Newly Registered

Am i eligible for Tier I (General)

Post by diyatheangel » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:30 am

Hi All,
I have a Bachelors in Commerce (Honours) from Calcutta University.
I also completed a one-year Post Graduate Certificate in Business Management from XIMB.

The Post-Graduate Certificate in Business Management is awarded to a student who has successfully completed course work equivalent to 24 credits delivered through videoconferencing, fulfilled the prescribed academic standards and has done on-campus course work equivalent of 6 credits as per the requirements. One credit is equal to 10 clock hours of class room exposure.

Can anybody tell me if I can get points on this qualification?
If yes, is it 35 or 30?

Thanks,
DS

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Am i eligible for Tier I (General)

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:36 am

diyatheangel wrote:Hi All,
I also completed a one-year Post Graduate Certificate in Business Management from XIMB.

The Post-Graduate Certificate in Business Management is awarded to a student who has successfully completed course work equivalent to 24 credits delivered through videoconferencing, fulfilled the prescribed academic standards and has done on-campus course work equivalent of 6 credits as per the requirements. One credit is equal to 10 clock hours of class room exposure.

If yes, is it 35 or 30?

Thanks,
DS
Please kindly go through the PBS Calculatorand see if it recognises your Post Graduate certificate course and gives enough ponts to qualify..

also read through HO GUIDANCE

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:01 am

If yes, is it 35 or 30?

Thanks,
DS
I suggest to check your qualification level with

http://www.naric.org.uk/

Submit ur application and then they will tell you what level its qualifies for UK qual.

I think ur qual is not on PBS caluculator(not 100% sure) , if it is there then no need of naric.

Pls check
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:23 pm

If yes, is it 35 or 30?

Thanks,
DS
It wont come in Points Calculator. Its better to use NARIC..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================