ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sri2uk
Newly Registered

Post by sri2uk » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:44 am

Hi Smith
Yes it will be, I just wanted the members who came through HSMP to UK to know that even if you submit the application a little early the Home office is making sure they get the 4 years span. Also they have mentioned in the letter that after completion of 4 years you can apply for the PR. So they are making sure the hsmp holders have 4 yrs stamping totally
Cheers
S

leehru
Newly Registered

Extension Approved!

Post by leehru » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:09 pm

Hi guys, just to tell you my part of story about the extension.

I just received my newly stamped passport today at 13th, Dec. I'm very impressed by their efficiency and speed beacause I only sent out my application at Tuesday last week, 6th, Dec, which arrived at HO at 7th, Dec.

I then received a receipt last Saturday from HO dated 8th, Dec saying that they have received my application and payment had been deducted from my account.

I emailed them yesterday night Monday the 12th, Dec to find out the progress about my application to which they replied today (13th, Dec) that a decision has been made and has been dispatched to my address at the 12th, they also gave me a recorded delivery number to track the parcel. Then all documents turned up at my door step this morning.

It only took them no more than 4 days to reach a decision and send it back to me. How quick was that!!! I just can't believe this.

BTW, my visa actually ends at 10th, Feb 2006 but I send out the application nearly two months before it expires. And They gave me exactly 3 yrs till 10th, Feb 2009.

Good luck to your guys!!!

Dennis

framemuller
Newly Registered

HSMP Extention paranoia

Post by framemuller » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I would just like to confirm that my fears are not warrented for my following scenario:

- My 1 year FLR is up in March 06
- I plan to travel during Feb and would like my extention before then so I can return to the UK on my spanking new 3 year approved FLR.
- My worries are based on applying too early my extention. When I rung up a chap at the home office 1.5 weeks ago, he said I should apply 5 weeks prior to my visa expiry.
- Based on the above forum scenarios, it should be OK for me to apply in Jan despite being told to apply 5 weeks prior to visa end?
- What is the best postal option to use?(A law firm handled my initial application)

Hope to have some feedback soon!
Thanks!

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:22 pm

What is the best postal option to use?(
Send in your application by Special Delivery. Its will be delivered before 12 noon the next day. It will cost you under £5 for P&P.

Many applicants have sent their FLR extensions 2 months in advance and have got their extensions. It should not be a problem, unless the HO has become more strict about following the 5 week guidelines. You can also use the Urgent Treatment form citing travel plans.

framemuller
Newly Registered

Post by framemuller » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:34 pm

Thank you :D
Do you have URL so I can download the latest forms (including the Urgent Request Form)?

Thanks again

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:44 pm

This is the download page for all the forms

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... forms.html

maple leaf

Post by maple leaf » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:45 pm

How did you answer this question as follows. What is it mean? Thank you

Have you engaged in any other activities which might be relevant to the question of whether you are a person of good character?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:07 am

maple leaf wrote:How did you answer this question as follows. What is it mean? Thank you

Have you engaged in any other activities which might be relevant to the question of whether you are a person of good character?
Question 41 - 45 have been added sometime back. The obvious answer is NO to all of them. The last question seems like a summation of the first three. If any one of the first three has a yes, then this answer would to yes too.

Why have they added these questions? Anyone and everyone regardless is going to reply in the negetive. Some suggested it is because if at some point in the future, it turns out the applicant has lied in his immigration application on war crimes, terrorist activites, genocides etc, it would give the HO the right to revoke the applicants immigration status.

maple leaf

Post by maple leaf » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:45 am

MWazir wrote:
maple leaf wrote:How did you answer this question as follows. What is it mean? Thank you

Question 41 - 45 have been added sometime back. The obvious answer is NO to all of them. The last question seems like a summation of the first three. If any one of the first three has a yes, then this answer would to yes too.

Why have they added these questions? Anyone and everyone regardless is going to reply in the negetive. Some suggested it is because if at some point in the future, it turns out the applicant has lied in his immigration application on war crimes, terrorist activites, genocides etc, it would give the HO the right to revoke the applicants immigration status.
Thank you very much for your reply. I originally thought this seems let us demonstrating that we are good character, e.g. by doing voluntary work

maple leaf

Post by maple leaf » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:18 am

Dear all

Could you please let me know how to filled in 29 and 30 in the HSMP extention? thanks

29. Your WP, SBS, TWES or HSMP reference number or SAWS work card number.

30. Your Home Office reference number
(if you have one)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:53 pm

29. Your WP, SBS, TWES or HSMP reference number or SAWS work card number
Assuming you are applying for FLR extension based on HSMP, your HSMP reference number is on your HSMP approval letter.
30. Your Home Office reference number
Your Home Office reference number if you have one. This would be left blank normally for most applicants.

maple leaf

Post by maple leaf » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:07 pm

Thank you so much for your suggestion. :D

maple leaf

Re: Extension Period

Post by maple leaf » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:26 am

Sometimes when the case workers are not satisfied with your economic activities they may give you extension of only a year. That happens especially in cases where the applicant remains unemployed during the initial one year.[/quote]

Hi MWazir

Is there any Home Office official documents address the above conclusion or it is just from the applicant's cases? I am very keen to know the current policy therefore to make my own option. Many thanks.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:06 pm

Is there any Home Office official documents address the above conclusion or it is just from the applicant's cases? I am very keen to know the current policy therefore to make my own option. Many thanks
I dont have the link with me, but you should be able to get it if you seach http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk

The policy does not state in so much words about economic activities. What they do state is the criteria for grating leave to remain from which you can draw some inference. Coupled with the fact that there have been applicants who have recieved only a years extension. Unemployment or lack of economic activites is not the only reason for getting a year's extension. I remember feedback from one member who stated he was given a year's extension because he come to the UK in his first month, went back and came again in the 8th month, his actions did not justify his intentions to make UK his home.

Rex

Post by Rex » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:06 pm

Is 15 k salary enough for extension...?

pakistan
Newly Registered

Post by pakistan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:10 pm

Yes,enough.

framemuller
Newly Registered

with regards to getting full 3 extention

Post by framemuller » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:14 am

Hi guys,

Just regarding some applicants getting the full 3 year extention exactly from the expirey date of first stamp (even though they submitted it 2 months prior to expiry). I am on holiday in middle of Feb (FLR expires March) and I want to apply for my extention now. I emailed the home office and this was their reply:

"Submitting your application so early could affect any future application for indefinite leave application - you may be short of 4 years working when your hsmp ends. If this is not a concern, you can submit the application in January. You could also apply when you return in February, providing we receive the application prior to the 6th of March there will not be any problem with your elligibility to live and work in the UK."

Can anyone advise??

I dont want to be entering the country with 10 days remaining on my VISA and only then applying for my extention as Passport control might be sticky about its looming expiry regardless of me applying for my extention immediately after I return to the UK.

quizzicalgrrl
Newly Registered

DIY or thru a Solicitor?

Post by quizzicalgrrl » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:35 pm

Hello everyone!

I am greatly encouraged by the posts in this thread, and congrats to everyone on their extension approvals..

some questions.. did you all do your own extension applications or did you go through a solicitor? also, is there a link that you are using to find the forms you need as well as the addresses to send to as well as the follow up check progress site?

I'm worried because I only worked for 6 months this year and am about to take another job, I hope that won't affect me!

Thanks for all your help!

quizzi

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:48 pm

did you all do your own extension applications or did you go through a solicitor?
Most of us have applied for the extension ourself. Its a straight forward process.
is there a link that you are using to find the forms you need as well as the addresses to send to as well as the follow up check progress site?
You can download the FLR(IED) form here. Their website can be slow sometimes. All details such as address to posted, payment details etc will be mentioned in the guidelines. Read them carefully and if you have more questions, someone can answer them for you.
I'm worried because I only worked for 6 months this year and am about to take another job, I hope that won't affect me!
IMHO, that should not be a problem. As long as you are economically stable you should be fine.

quizzicalgrrl
Newly Registered

Thanks for answering!

Post by quizzicalgrrl » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:55 pm

Wow you are right, it is impossibly slow to load!!

Did you use the electronic form or the postal one? Surely you still need to mail them your passport and other documents, so what would the advantage of the e-filing be?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:02 pm

Yeah it can be bad sometimes, other times its alright.

Its not an electronic form. Its a Word document, that you can download from the link I gave you. Once you download it, you can either fill it up on your computer and print it out, or you can print it out and fill it up by hand. You then include other documents like your passport, pay slips, tax documents, bank statements etc and mail it to the address mentioned in the document's guidelines.

framemuller
Newly Registered

passport control & early extention

Post by framemuller » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:30 pm

Any input on my above dilemma?

quizzicalgrrl
Newly Registered

Post by quizzicalgrrl » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:14 pm

frame.. I am interested to see the answer to this, I am not in a position to offer any advice myself. Good Luck.

AC77
Newly Registered

Post by AC77 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:50 pm

My HSMP first year visa expires on 22nd March and I shall soon applyfor extension.

1) Should I send salary slips and bank statements in original or photocopies ?

2) I haven't seen the form yet, can I specify a return address(i.e. office address) different to my house address as I live alone and won't be home to take the delivery; guess they send by special delivery which means I should physically present to receive it.

Thanks for your replies.

regards
ac77

hsmpextn2006
Newly Registered

Contracting - HSMP extension doubt

Post by hsmpextn2006 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:33 pm

Hi,

I am in IT and I just started contracting this month. my HSMP extn is due in Sep 2006. For getting payment i see there are a number of options including using an umbrella company, thru a limited company and setting up a limited company.

I understand that thru a limited company and own limited company are the best options to get more money ( as they probably pay less tax and have some mechanism for the same).

Will setting up own limited company and showing less amt for tax be a problem for my HSMP extn.

I would really appreciate your reply as i cant risk my extn.

thank you!!!