ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

attestation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

somsom
Newly Registered

attestation

Post by somsom » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:25 pm

I have taken lawyer attestation on salary slip rather than company slip.is it o.k .I have already submitted it?

nksg

Re: attestation

Post by nksg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 pm

I dont think this is acceptable.. please refer to the guidance notes as it clearly says that it should be stamped and signed by your employer.. or on official letter head.

I would like to hear from any one who got away with it by same as you have done!! will help others who face issues getting letter from their employer.
somsom wrote:I have taken lawyer attestation on salary slip rather than company slip.is it o.k .I have already submitted it?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes, agreed with nksg.. how can a lawyer confirm/verify the salary slips and attest them? and again as per HO GUIDANCE it should be done by employer..

@OP.. when did u sent in your application.. can you arrange another set of payslips signed and stamped by your employer and send it to HO once you receive your Reference letter quoting ur ref no. before it is rejected and sent back.. give it a try though HO says dont send any more docs unless we ask for..

somsom
Newly Registered

Post by somsom » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:27 pm

its on official letter head through mail.I got the pdf file of salary slip monthly with logo etc then got it signed by lawyers as company was not willing

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:14 pm

As others have said, I highly doubt if HO will accept it. It is the company which produces the salary slips and they have to attest it to confirm that it is correct. All t he best.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:26 pm

somsom wrote:its on official letter head through mail.I got the pdf file of salary slip monthly with logo etc then got it signed by lawyers as company was not willing
U can only wait and see . but the thing is why your company doesnt wanna attest it?
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Most of overseas companies do this as they are scared that once employee gets T1 he will leave them for a better salary some where else in UK.. and actually this is true.. :)
yasa wrote:
somsom wrote:its on official letter head through mail.I got the pdf file of salary slip monthly with logo etc then got it signed by lawyers as company was not willing
U can only wait and see . but the thing is why your company doesnt wanna attest it?

queryseeker
Newly Registered

Post by queryseeker » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi Somsom,

I have the same problem as yours. My company is also not willing to sign or seal it for me.
I was planning to get an accountant chart down my monthly salary, tax deductions etc. Would that help?
If I ask my manager to sign on the payslips, is that okay? However, my manager will not have the company seal.

Guyz, please share your views.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:17 pm

queryseeker wrote:Hi Somsom,

I was planning to get an accountant chart down my monthly salary, tax deductions etc. Would that help?

If u manage to do it on company's official letter head then it should be fine

=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================