ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:03 pm

tazzie04 wrote:Hi all just to let you know ma'shallah my hubby got his visa!! :lol:

Applied: 04/01/10
Status changed: 03/02/10
Picked up: 03/02/10

Many thanks to all members for their comments and support and I pray that all those waiting or applying have the same result I did!! :P
Congratulation Tazzie, i'm pretty sure you are over the moon. i just want to ask couple of quick question: Was your spouse application a new case and finally where did your hubby submit his visa application?

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:32 pm

fazan_alam786 wrote:Salaam ukusman... congrats for the missus.. it was a new case and only selected item only.... just gettin paranoid now.. where dod u submit ur paper work wit office!
Submitted in Mirpur.

P.S Thanks everyone for your kind sweet messages. Please do DUA for us.

Usman

ahmed15
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed15 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:47 pm

ahmed
hi every one....m new to this forum...my wife is also facing the same visa delays issue as most of u.....she submitted her passport at the BHC on the 16th of june 2009 after an allowed appeal..its been approx. 8 months n we are getting no information..i, even took help from my local mp....but the voice was gone unheard...i even used some of our sources in pakistan to get some information on the application status....we got no information whatsoever.....except on the 16th of dec 2009 they called my wife to submit the fresh copy of her workpermit....n there was no further contact...
i wud really appreciate if someone got some sort of suggeston
i wud also like to wish all of u luck in ur cases.
thanx

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:43 am

ukusman wrote:Hi Just to let everyone know that my wife got her visa today by the grace of allah swt.

submitted application on 8/01/10
Application processed on 26/01/10
Email received from uk hub 1/02/10 stating visa application had been issued
collected passport on : 03/02/10

Just over 3 weeks.

Thanks for everyones help and assistance. May allah swt give your patience and assistance with your partners visas.
Congratulations, may Allah bless you both. Now what are you waiting for ... go get your missus!! :D

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:48 am

tazzie04 wrote:Hi all just to let you know ma'shallah my hubby got his visa!! :lol:

Applied: 04/01/10
Status changed: 03/02/10
Picked up: 03/02/10

Many thanks to all members for their comments and support and I pray that all those waiting or applying have the same result I did!! :P
Also congratulations! Hope he arrives well.

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:54 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Tazzie and ukusman. MashAllah great news, im happy for you both.

Please make dua for the rest of us who are going the long, torturous appeals process.

It seems that they have realised from last year, that refusing apps especially over crappy reasons ended up costing them a lot of money, by most refusals being contested. Something im sure they did not envisage.

Looks like this country is skint, especially by "illegally" occupying muslim countries, raping their resources and killings millions of innocents.

Clare Short was brill yesterday, exposed Blair and his cronies for the lying cheats they really are.

Sorry for going off tangent.:-)

UKGuyLondon

Time to leave home country - help!

Post by UKGuyLondon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi everyone.

I had applied for a UK Settlement visa for my wife and 2.5 yr old son in mid July, 2009. Alhamdolillah, they both got it approved in begining and end of Dec 2009 respectively.

At the time of application, my wife was pregnant and delivered in October end. My mom also passed away in December '09 so we have not been able to leave since my daughter's Pakistani passport application, birth certificate etc formalities had to be completed before we could apply for her UK Settlement visa.

Problem is that by the time my daughter's settlement visa comes through (fingers crossed!) it will have been about 6 months from the time my wife' and son's was approved. My wife got a letter with her visa saying that she has to leave the country within 3 months.

My question is, do I have to somehow inform the UKBA why I cannot leave? I have genuine reasons since I cannot leave my infant daughter alone till I get her UK visa. If I do have to inform them, who do I write to?

IAS has advised that this is not an issue and I will be allowed to go since my wife and son have a 27 month visa. I can go there, have my wife take the Life in the UK test thus eliminating the need for FLR since we have been married 7 years and that my wife and son do not need to leave immediately since their time of three months is running out.

Sorry for the long email but I am so tense :? Would really appreciate guidance / counselling. Thanks in advance

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:24 pm

IAS has advised that this is not an issue and I will be allowed to go since my wife and son have a 27 month visa. I can go there, have my wife take the Life in the UK test thus eliminating the need for FLR since we have been married 7 years and that my wife and son do not need to leave immediately since their time of three months is running out.
Whilst this is partially right, I am of the opinion that when your wife and kids get here, they will not have completed the minimum requirement to be granted ILR ( which is 2 yrs -24 months).

In that case what you have to do is is when you get here,a month before your wifes visa is to expire, you have to apply for FLR ( to make up the shortage in time of your 2 yrs visa) and then apply for ILR.

Which ever way you do it your wife will have to take/pass English test and will have to apply for FLR.

I dont know where you get this 7yrs marriage rule thus eliminating the need for FLR

sabeen
Newly Registered

Post by sabeen » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, have been reading very helpful and staisfying posts. I just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything back from the UKBA for this Nikkah Khawani misunderstanding. I am one of those misfortunate persons whose husband's case got rejected on 15/12/2009 because of this. We submitted an appeal to AIT Loughborough and now have been waiting for more than a month without a reply.

I am so concerned of what is going to happen, I know he will get it but its going to take time and that can be upto 6 months. Is there anything I can do to speed this up as the misunderstanding was on UKBA's end

UKGuyLondon

Hi

Post by UKGuyLondon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Thank you for your reply Batley Khan.

"I dont know where you get this 7yrs marriage rule thus eliminating the need for FLR"
By the above statement, I meant we are married for more than 4 years and my wife can apply for ILR by passing the KOL test.

What I still need to know is, do I need to write to UKBA informing them of the reasons why I will be delayed in arriving to the UK or is there no need?

My wife cannot possibly leave our two month old here in Pakistan and go to the UK!

saw
Newly Registered

Post by saw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:18 pm

slam brothers and sisters i appled a visa for my wife on 14/01/2010 heard nothing so far its 3 weeks now can any one help is any one appled on the same date in lahore any answar will put my mind at peace thanks :(

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:27 pm

saw wrote:slam brothers and sisters i appled a visa for my wife on 14/01/2010 heard nothing so far its 3 weeks now can any one help is any one appled on the same date in lahore any answar will put my mind at peace thanks :(
Hi,

Some passports returning in 3 weeks doesnt mean the BHC are processing ALL applications within 3 weeks. Some cases are straight forward and some may require further checks/enquiries hence take alot longer to be processed.

The guideline time is 12 weeks (60 working days). So you have to be patient and have faith in Allah swt

However there seems to be a trend recently that applications currently being submitted are returning within 6 weeks.

Send an email to each of the following requesting whether your application has been processed or not. Make sure you provide them with the application reference that starts with LHR, GRY number, wifes name and date of birth.

UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk
visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

inshallah you will get good news

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:35 pm

sabeen wrote:Hi All,

I am new to this forum, have been reading very helpful and staisfying posts. I just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything back from the UKBA for this Nikkah Khawani misunderstanding. I am one of those misfortunate persons whose husband's case got rejected on 15/12/2009 because of this. We submitted an appeal to AIT Loughborough and now have been waiting for more than a month without a reply.

I am so concerned of what is going to happen, I know he will get it but its going to take time and that can be upto 6 months. Is there anything I can do to speed this up as the misunderstanding was on UKBA's end
Same boat as you sister. Been told to wait and see what happens.....

nasxtra
Newly Registered

expired visa - wife stuck in pakistan

Post by nasxtra » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:13 pm

My wife arrived in uk in Nov 2005 due to not completing Life in UK test we were unable to apply for Indefinate stay and so we had to extend her visa for a further 2 years. Now she has completed her life in UK test and we were in a position to apply for Indefinate leave to remain however due to her father passing away she has returned to pakistan urgently on 3rd nov her visa expired on 6th Nov . The issue is that her Visa is due to run out in November. We have 2 children together a 2year old girl and 6 week old son, she has taken my daughter with her to pakistan but due to my son being young and also not having any travel Documents he has had to stay with me.

The earlies ticket I could book was on 7th Nov and she was refused entry back to the uk.
I went out to pakistan with my baby so that my wife could be reunited with her and also so that I could see my daughter and try to sort the visa issue out..

Went to gerry's fedex on 1st day of arriving and was basically told as batleykahn,vinny, john and others have mentioned that we had to do a fresh application.

Made appointment to see UKBC after first initially being refused i amanged to pseak with someone who was in a senior position. I explained the situation to them and was told in pure text ook style that I had to go to see gerry's or that we need to make a fresh application. The fact that my human rights and the welfare of my children and wife was suffering didn't seem to matter.

I admitted that it was due to ignorance of the rules and the situation arising from the death of my wifes father that had led to her leaving the UK instead of applying for ILR, but does not the BC have any heart or compassion. And was told NO. they couldn't even issue a transient visa to allow my wife back with the children.

I told the ECO that upon obtaining the spouse visa I will be applying for ILR straight away and this was just unnecsaary delaying and causing trauma for the children and the family...they wern't intrested. So after obtaining all the documents the application was submitted on Jan 14th 2010. This delay occured due to my wife having to get a TB test appointment and the earliest date they had available at the time was Jan 11th!

I am thinking of contacing UKBA uk in croyden and I am not happy with the way this case has been dealt with so far. Sure they were in the right to refuse my wife travelling but they could have also allowed her to under compassionate grounds/human rights of the kids as all papers were shown ...or I don't know I just feel let down by the whole system...any advice?

Is it worth me writing to UKBA? whats the latest time scale's for visa processing? anyone elsebeen in a similar situation where the visa has run out whilst being abrod? any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

amr2010

Nikka Nama

Post by amr2010 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Salaam,

I just want to clarify something. With the application we obviously need to submit the original and photocopy of the Nikka Nama (Urdu) and we also need to submit a "certified english translation". What qualifies as "certified"?

My wife had the english translation done at a shop and we got the person to write his name, address and sign on the back. Is this sufficent?

ukusman

Re: Nikka Nama

Post by ukusman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:59 am

amr2010 wrote:Salaam,

I just want to clarify something. With the application we obviously need to submit the original and photocopy of the Nikka Nama (Urdu) and we also need to submit a "certified english translation". What qualifies as "certified"?

My wife had the english translation done at a shop and we got the person to write his name, address and sign on the back. Is this sufficent?
Certified means that it is a true translate copy of the original. Anyone can do the translation, but it has to be attested by an authorised person i.e someone from the kutchery along with their stamp to state that its a true translated copy of the original.

The one you have done will not be accepted.

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Jameel17 wrote:
sabeen wrote:Hi All,

Same boat as you sister. Been told to wait and see what happens.....
Guys, i am in the same situation and it is beyond a joke now especially people are receiving their visa within 4 weeks whereas in our case BA had skewed up and now taking their time...

Anyway some news, I contacted AIT today and asked if they could provide me some information on what is going on - the advisor I spoke to was very friendly and helpful. She did state that my appeal has not been received by UK VISA Section and that I should contact them to get an update.

I sent an email to UK Visa Section this morning to ask if they had received my appeal documents (as i havent received any confirmation that they have) and also to shed some light on my appeal.

I immediately received a response for UK VS and they stated the below:

Thank you for your email the contents of which have been noted and forwarded to the relevent office.

Your appeal has been overturned and you will be contacted shortly by our offices.

Kind Regards,

UKHUB Pakistan

I have become pessimistic so i dont how to take that and plus i dont want to build my hope up again..

My question are, has anyone received this type of responsed? does anyone know how to interpret this - I know I might sound thick but I just want to be sure.

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:22 pm

ukusman wrote:

Certified means that it is a true translate copy of the original. Anyone can do the translation, but it has to be attested by an authorised person i.e someone from the kutchery along with their stamp to state that its a true translated copy of the original.

Salaam bro, firstly congratulations on your recent success.

Just wanted to know if it's possible for you to state what documents you submitted with the application.

Zak.

zs786

Post by zs786 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Anyone know a phone number you can call to chase up the status of an application

This is for my cousin in Pakistan requesting this info, any number he can call from there so he can get the update on his application, basically his case went to appeal which was overturned in his favour, he was told to submit his passport through Gerries for stamping of the visa

Thanks

nasxtra
Newly Registered

still waiting

Post by nasxtra » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Date Application submitted: 14/1/2010
staus: forwarded to Islamabad OC on

I just hate seeing this msg emailed UKHUB got the following response

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please note that information regarding applications can only be discussed with the applicants themselves. If you are a visa applicant please call the Visa Application Centre where you applied. However, if you are sponsoring a visa application then please ask your wife/fiancee/family member to request details by calling the Visa Application Centre where she/he applied.

Best Regards

UKHUB Pakistan Enquiries

standard msg...called them told to allow 3 -4 days and contact them again....a standard response....The fact that 2 children both british passport holders aged 2 yrs and 3 months respectivly are suffering seems irrelevant.....

All this was due to ignorance of the immigration rules and oversight on my behalf...but a warning to you all don't expect the SYSTEM to have any compassion or human feelings...read up and get clued up...or you will have the same fate as me...seperated from your wife and kids...pain and heart-ache knowing that there is nothing that you can do..but wait...and the clock just ticks on..

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:07 pm

I sent the follwoing documents : -

Completed vaf4 form
6 months wages slips
6 months bank statements
copy of last years p60
letter from employer confirming job title, position and wage/salary along with stating type of contract
savings account statement for the past 6 months
envolopes from my wife and their contents
receipts of the money sent to her from the UK
Land registry deeds for my dads property
letter from my dad stating i am living her rent and charge free so could my wife when she arrives to the uk
Property inspection report
several calling cards (explaining why we used calling cards i,e cheaper than a conventional landline - allow us to talk for longer)
copy of every single page from my passport (attested)
Copy of my birth certificate (attested)
if you got pakistan id car then a copy of that would be need (attested)
Nikah Namah or nikah khuwanni (depends which one you have been issued)
Translated copy of nikha nama/Khuwanni (attested by kutchery in pak)
photos of me and my wifes togeather (including wedding photos and some from periods when we went out togeather)
Statutory declartion (sponsership letter basically)

Also i had my own property which was on rent so included the following for it :
Land registry deeds
Tennancy agreement
actual and projected accounts from accountant

They are the docs i can remember there might be something missing better to get them checked.

However i also included cover letter for every document i presented to the ECO and stapled the original doc and cover letter togeather

I also provided a 2 page summary stating that i met all immigrations rules/requirments and how and also the fact that i can maintain and accomodate my self without recourse to public funds. Also stated in the letter that marriage was subsisting - stating how and where we had met, how we keep in contact and periods of cohabitation.

"taking in to account all submissions and documentary evidence I respectfully request you to authorise my wife sobia usman an entry clearance certificate" (to my amazement theydid)

Wife got visa within 3 weeks and they even told me via email that the visa application had been issued. which something they dont usually do.

My income and rental income was only £850 Gross per month
and i had savings of £5000.

I hope i have been some help to you. Please do dua for me

UKGuyLondon

clarification needed

Post by UKGuyLondon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Hello everyone. My complete story is on page 222 of this thread. Would appreciate it if anyine could guide me if I need to write to UKBA to get a clarification / extension in being allowed to leave after 3 months or if this is not needed. Was thinking that it may be better to have an approval of some sort to show to the UKBA at the airport? Thank you

saw
Newly Registered

Post by saw » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:08 pm

slam dear brothers and sisters wife visa applead on 14/01/2010 got email from ukhub.pakistangeneraienquiries@fco.gov.uk saying a decision has been made on your application you will be contacted shortly through gerrys international in due course dose that means its good news or bad news coz its just been 22 day can any one tell me what dose it sound likes please ya allha good news please

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:39 pm

ukusman wrote:

Ok, it was also stamped at the Town Court (I'm not sure what they call it in Pakistan). Normally the people doing the stamping cant read or write english so what does this actually prove?

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Zak_K wrote:
ukusman wrote:

Salaam bro, firstly congratulations on your recent success.

Just wanted to know if it's possible for you to state what documents you submitted with the application.

Zak.
Zak bro, check out batleykhans fantastic post:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320