ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aaaaaargghhh!...wife refused UK settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:34 am

psychopomp1 wrote:
ElenaW wrote:
psychopomp1 wrote:Hi

My fiancee has now been granted a 6 month visa so after she arrives in UK before getting married do we have to apply for a certificate of approval for marriage or civil partnership (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while ... documents/) BEFORE we get married? If so how long does it take to get the COA through the post after the application is sent? Can we give notice at our registar's office in Scotland before applying for the COA?

Cheers :)
No you don't need a certificate of approval if your fiancee has been issued a fiancee visa.
Thanks for clarifying :)

One other quick question: after our marriage if we apply for the FLR (M) in person at UKBA's Glasgow office (ie Premium service) can i be present with my fiancee while they interview her? Reason being that my fiancee's english is far from perfect and she would probably be scared stiff if she had to attend the interview on her own. Nothing mentioned here:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/contac ... nontheday/

They don't interview. There is no chance to explain or specify. This is for straight forward apps which means they just sift through ur paper work there and then and make a deciscion. Yes you can be with her. If not u need to write a letter stating that u support the application.
I tell it like it is.

psychopomp1
Newly Registered

Post by psychopomp1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:53 am

ElenaW wrote:
psychopomp1 wrote:
ElenaW wrote:
psychopomp1 wrote:Hi

My fiancee has now been granted a 6 month visa so after she arrives in UK before getting married do we have to apply for a certificate of approval for marriage or civil partnership (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while ... documents/) BEFORE we get married? If so how long does it take to get the COA through the post after the application is sent? Can we give notice at our registar's office in Scotland before applying for the COA?

Cheers :)
No you don't need a certificate of approval if your fiancee has been issued a fiancee visa.

One other quick question: after our marriage if we apply for the FLR (M) in person at UKBA's Glasgow office (ie Premium service) can i be present with my fiancee while they interview her? Reason being that my fiancee's english is far from perfect and she would probably be scared stiff if she had to attend the interview on her own. Nothing mentioned here:

They don't interview. There is no chance to explain or specify. This is for straight forward apps which means they just sift through ur paper work there and then and make a deciscion. Yes you can be with her. If not u need to write a letter stating that u support the application.
I've managed to make an online appointment for FLR(M) application at the UKBA Glasgow office for my fiancee. However on the booking confirmation it says:
"Ensure that only the individuals registered and booked into this appointment come along - no one else will be seen."

Surely i will be told to "bog off mate" if i try to come along with my fiancee, or is the above statement not strictly true?

Our civil marriage ceremony will take place on 15th March whilst the UKBA appointment is on 17th March. The registrar has told me the marriage extract (certificate) will be available within 7 days after marriage but i'll do my best to obtain it by the morning of the 17th, if not can i submit say a signed letter from the registrar saying that we have got married and a marriage extract is on the way?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:15 pm

psychopomp1 wrote:
ElenaW wrote:
psychopomp1 wrote:
ElenaW wrote:

I've managed to make an online appointment for FLR(M) application at the UKBA Glasgow office for my fiancee. However on the booking confirmation it says:
"Ensure that only the individuals registered and booked into this appointment come along - no one else will be seen."

Surely i will be told to "bog off mate" if i try to come along with my fiancee, or is the above statement not strictly true?

Our civil marriage ceremony will take place on 15th March whilst the UKBA appointment is on 17th March. The registrar has told me the marriage extract (certificate) will be available within 7 days after marriage but i'll do my best to obtain it by the morning of the 17th, if not can i submit say a signed letter from the registrar saying that we have got married and a marriage extract is on the way?

you can come to the appointment, if you don't you need to write a letter confirming that you are supportive of the application.

I'm not too sure of the marriage situation though. I would assume you need the original certificate. Can't you cancel the appointment and book it for later? No need to stress yourself out I think.
I tell it like it is.

bondi
Newly Registered

FLR(M) successful?

Post by bondi » Tue May 11, 2010 2:41 pm

psychopomp1 wrote:
ElenaW wrote:
psychopomp1 wrote:
ElenaW wrote:

Hi psychopomp1. Just wondering if you ended up applying for your FLR(M) with an original marriage certificate or a letter from the registrar?

I'm in the same boat- getting married on Saturday 31st July and have to apply for FLR(M) at the latest by Tues 2nd August as am going abroad on honeymoon on Wed 3rd August. I would prefer to have my visa all sorted out before I leave the country.