ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed with EEA Family Permit Pls!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Doha212
Newly Registered

Help needed with EEA Family Permit Pls!!

Post by Doha212 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Everyone

Here are my questions, basically i would like to bring my NON eea/eu husband here in UK. I got a Dutch nationality who has been in the UK for 5 years now, throughout all my time here in UK i've been studying and working. On this moment am full-time employed but the thing is that i live with my mom and she is more then happy that me and my husband can stay with her while we are looking for our own place.

1)So my main concern is when my husband is applying for the VAF5 in Britsch Embassy in Cairo do i need to be with him there? cause i was thinking to post all my part of documents to him.

2)What are the proof of document I need to support my application?

3)Could they refuse my application if i dont have my own place/accommodation?

4)Another main concern is that my husband need a visa to travel to UK with or is it coverd my EEAFP?

5)What proof of evidence does my husband need to give to support the application?

6) Is it better to add a cover letter about our relationship or any other info etc?

7) If or when my husband is approved for a EEAFP should I be there in Cairo when he's travelling to UK or is he allowed to travel alone to the UK?

P.s I got a Residence Permit issued on 2007 by home office will this help to speed my process?
The evidence we both can provided is 3 previous flight ticket me going to see him photo's including wedding picture's and marriage certificate. Would this evidence be helpful for the application form?

Sorry for my many question I hope you can help me with this.

Kind Regards
D

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Help needed with EEA Family Permit Pls!!

Post by Ben » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi Doha212,

First and foremost, the purpose of Directive 2004/38/EC and of the UK EEA regulations, you are an EEA national with the right of Permanent Residence in the UK.

Doha212 wrote:1)So my main concern is when my husband is applying for the VAF5 in Britsch Embassy in Cairo do i need to be with him there? cause i was thinking to post all my part of documents to him.
No, you do not need to be with your husband in Cairo when he submits his application for an EEA Family Permit.

Doha212 wrote:2)What are the proof of document I need to support my application?
His passport, your passport (or Dutch National ID card), your marriage certificate, proof that you have acquired the right of Permanent Residence in the UK (proof that you have been lawfully resident there for five years. Hint: it would be easily if you were to firstly apply for the Permanent Residence Certificate, to which you are entitled, using form EEA3 and have your husband present this with his application for the EEA FP).

Doha212 wrote:3)Could they refuse my application if i dont have my own place/accommodation?
Absolutely not.

Doha212 wrote:4)Another main concern is that my husband need a visa to travel to UK with or is it coverd my EEAFP?
He will need an EEA Family Permit if applying to join you in the UK under the EEA regulations. Using this route, Permanent Residence shall be acquired by your husband following five years of lawful residence with you in the UK. The other option for your husband is to apply for a Spouse Visa as the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK. There is a fee for this, many more documents must be submitted, more conditions are attached, but Indefinite Leave to Remain (a status virtually equal to Permanent Residence) can be obtained following just two years residence in the UK.

Doha212 wrote:5)What proof of evidence does my husband need to give to support the application?
I think this question is now answered.

Doha212 wrote:6) Is it better to add a cover letter about our relationship or any other info etc?
If you wish. I would place more stress on the fact that I have acquired the right of Permanent Residence in the UK.

Doha212 wrote:7) If or when my husband is approved for a EEAFP should I be there in Cairo when he's travelling to UK or is he allowed to travel alone to the UK?
The latter.

Doha212 wrote:P.s I got a Residence Permit issued on 2007 by home office will this help to speed my process?
I am sure you did not get a Residence Permit. Possibly you were issued a Registration Certificate. In any case, it doesn't matter. You should really apply for the Permanent Residence Certificate, to which you are entitled, using form EEA3.

Doha212 wrote:The evidence we both can provided is 3 previous flight ticket me going to see him photo's including wedding picture's and marriage certificate. Would this evidence be helpful for the application form?
It won't hurt to include the above.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Doha212
Newly Registered

Post by Doha212 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:38 pm

hi benifa

thank you so much for you help very kind of you :)

you where right my document is registration certificate, but do you really need permit residence card in order for my husband to apply for EEAFP? because my pasport and work letter should to it i think?

another question by my 7 question whether i should travel with my husband when hes granded for eeafp you respond the latter, sorry what you mean by that?

best wishes
doha

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Doha212 wrote:you where right my document is registration certificate, but do you really need permit residence card in order for my husband to apply for EEAFP? because my pasport and work letter should to it i think?
You don't need to apply for a Permanent Residence Certificate, it is not mandatory. However, a Permanent Residence Certificate is an ideal way of proving that you are an EEA national who has acquired the right of Permanent Residence in the UK. Your status can be proved without it though, by way of other, additional documentation.

Doha212 wrote:another question by my 7 question whether i should travel with my husband when hes granded for eeafp you respond the latter, sorry what you mean by that?
I meant that he shall be allowed to travel alone to the UK.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Doha212
Newly Registered

Post by Doha212 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks Benifa for you information you safe me the trouble of going to a solicitor!

Doha212
Newly Registered

Post by Doha212 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:09 am

Sorry am back again :(

Can you advise me on third world countries passport? my husband got a third countries passport (a country which doesn't got a proper government) am bit concern that they might refuse him on this matter. He lives in Egypt now under UN cover as a student. So we where thinking to provide proof of his status in Egypt aswell for student id card etc... would that be enough. am really really concern they might refuse him to enter just because his passport is a passport of a counytry which isn't stable country right now.

thanks in advance