ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cane

Post by Cane » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:02 pm

joelondon wrote:
chaudhrei wrote:Congratulation PCB, you journey is over,

@joelondon
Dont worry about the employers letters if you dont have ones, your HO WP/HSMP/ILR letter should be sufficient, you can take other things like P60 etc.
Actually this would be simplest application for UK HO till now for your nationality journey.

Apply and ride in our boat.
Good luck,
well the problem is that i lost my P60 ...so i have only 2008/09 and the up coming one 2009/2010....so what can i send instead ...i dont know ...????
joelondon,

it is highly unlikely that the NCS will ask you to provide P60s - i took mine along and had to insist that they be included as part of the application. If you're worried about proving economic activity as an employed person, the most straightforward way is to ensure that you provide the contact details of the correct HMRC office for you. If worried about substantial absences for work reasons, I believe the best support is provided by employer letters (I also provided one for my application even though I ended up coming under the limit - I had something like 150 short business trips recorded on my AN form).

Good Luck
-Cane

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: Update

Post by keshgrover » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:09 pm

PCB wrote:I like to thank all my friends who wished and congratulated. I like to wish good luck for all the people.

NCS or Postal : NCS , Birmingham
Date of submission or posting : 23/12/2009
CRITERIA - 5 years+ 1 years ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 14/01/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 15/01/2010(Dated 12/01/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 04/02/2010(Dated 18/01/2010)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 09/02/2010
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

PCB :D :D
Hey. Congratulations mate. Well done. You have now nearly finished your journey. I wish you very good luck with your ceremony and passport application.

Regards
KESH

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Cane wrote:Update 2:

NCS or Postal : NCS Southwark
Date of submission or posting : 29/12/09
Date recieved by HO: 30/12/09
CRITERIA: 1+3+3 and backdated ILR
Date of debit of Card : 13/01/10 (adjusted to reflect card statement)

Date receipt of acknowledgement : 16/01/10 (dated 13/01/10)
Date of approval : < 4/02/10 (see below)
Date of receipt of approval : ?
Date of citizenship Ceremony : ?

Date of passport application : ?
Method used : ?
Date for passport Interview: ?
Date of Receipt of Passport: ?

I received confirmation from my local town hall that they have received my 'certificates of citizenship' from the Home Office and alongside that inviting me to select one of two dates in early March for the ceremony. I had contacted them a couple of days ago via email on the off chance that they would get the approval before me, and that has indeed proven the case. I have yet to receive the confirmation (nothing in today's post). I've found everyone throughout the process thus far, Southwark Council NCS, Fulham Town Hall, etc. to be highly professional, courteous and efficient. I'll probably end up doing a private ceremony tomorrow to just get a move on, instead of waiting till March.

@Joelondon, hope others have already answered your query about their NCS experiences - sorry I was tardy in mine.

@Mohamed Mourad - our timelines were similar and hope you will draw encouragement from this and other similar approvals. Waiting is one of the most trying things but do hang in there, stoically, if you can. INSHALLAH the approval will be with you before you know it.

Best to all,
-Cane
HI Cane, Congratulations mate. You deserved it. Well in terms of council being professional YES. Fulham town hall people are really professional and quick. I had mine there. They rang me and said we got your certificate and if I want next day private one. It took 18 hours from them recieving the certificate and me having mine ceremony done. That was good. But hey you made it too so I wish you very good luck with ceremony and Passport application.
KESH

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:16 pm

@joelondon
Dont worry about the employers letters if you dont have ones, your HO WP/HSMP/ILR letter should be sufficient, you can take other things like P60 etc.
Actually this would be simplest application for UK HO till now for your nationality journey.

Good luck,
Chaudhrei and Mourad, Guys you are going to be the next now. So get prepared for the good news.

Good luck.
KESH

Cane

Post by Cane » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:42 pm

keshgrover wrote: HI Cane, Congratulations mate. You deserved it. Well in terms of council being professional YES. Fulham town hall people are really professional and quick. I had mine there. They rang me and said we got your certificate and if I want next day private one. It took 18 hours from them recieving the certificate and me having mine ceremony done. That was good. But hey you made it too so I wish you very good luck with ceremony and Passport application.
Kesh,

Many thanks for the good wishes,

-Cane

Cane

Post by Cane » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Wonder if those who have applied for passports can help with this query.

In the passport application form, do we naturalized citizens need to fill out Section 4? The guidance notes state:

"Details of the parents of the person named at section 2 of the application form must be filled in. If both parents were born after 31 December 1982, or were born outside the UK, write the full name, town, country, date of birth and date of marriage of the grandparents (or details of the parents' claim to British nationality) in section 8 of the application form."

My parents were born outside the UK but it'll be mighty tough for me to suss out the date of marriage of my grandparents (all deceased). It seems pretty irrelevant as well since I am not applying on the basis of any parental claim to nationality. What am I missing here?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Cane

marvelous2062
Newly Registered

Post by marvelous2062 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:53 pm

You only need your parents details igonore the rest

journey's_end
Newly Registered

My experience

Post by journey's_end » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi all, I have been following this thread for quite a while. I would now like to post my experience with regards to my application:

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 12/01/10
CRITERIA - 5 years+ 1 years ILR (Family of 4)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 17/01/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 18/01/2010(Dated 17/01/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 04/02/2010(Dated 31/01/2010)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
Date of passport application : Pending

Overall surprisingly quick and very happy with the outcome. Many thanks for everyone's contribution to this thread. It's been helpful and all the best for those still waiting and in the midst of applying!

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Cane wrote:
joelondon wrote:

@joelondon

Good luck,
well the problem is that i lost my P60 ...so i have only 2008/09 and the up coming one 2009/2010....so what can i send instead ...i dont know ...????

thank you very much cane ...so better get a letter from all my previous employers ...and send them with the application ...

and how were the NCS dealing with the entry and exit stamp ...is it a straight forward way of dealing with application ...or they are strict some how ...???thanks for your reply if you can added the list of the document you sent ??? many thanks

joelondon,

it is highly unlikely that the NCS will ask you to provide P60s - i took mine along and had to insist that they be included as part of the application. If you're worried about proving economic activity as an employed person, the most straightforward way is to ensure that you provide the contact details of the correct HMRC office for you. If worried about substantial absences for work reasons, I believe the best support is provided by employer letters (I also provided one for my application even though I ended up coming under the limit - I had something like 150 short business trips recorded on my AN form).

Good Luck
-Cane

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Cane wrote:
joelondon wrote:

@joelondon

Good luck,

thank you very much cane ...so better get a letter from all my previous employers ...and send them with the application ...

and how were the NCS dealing with the entry and exit stamp ...is it a straight forward way of dealing with application ...or they are strict some how ...???thanks for your reply if you can added the list of the document you sent ??? many thanks

Cane

Post by Cane » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:38 am

joelondon wrote:
Cane wrote:
joelondon wrote:

@joelondon

Good luck,

well in my case, I had so many stamps in my two passports that it would be virtually impossible for anybody to do a complete forensic analysis of my travel history. This despite the fact that for most of my foreign stamps I had no corresponding UK entry stamps because I used the IRIS recognition system at UK airports. What i did do was keep fastiduous records of all my trips in a spreadsheet and so it was relatively straightforward to reproduce in the form in a suitably small fontsize, and in addition made a note of IRIS usage.

From memory, the only additional documents that the NCS agreed to send along were my P60s and the employer letter. The officer seemed very satisfied that these were more than enough and likely superfluous. As I mentioned before I had to foist the P60s to some extent - I think the officer probably included them for my peace of mind more than anything else.

I wouldn't fret too much; as others have noted this is the most straightforward of applications in the entire process. Good Luck, once again.

-Cane

Eskar

documents and good charecters

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 pm

everyone talk about p60 or letter from employer but what about someone who never work. i never work in 5 years apart from my uncles shop back in 2006 and it was cash in hand. so how would they check my good charecters becasue i dint do any contributon to the economy so far but my parents used to child benefit and i also used to get education maintaince allowence when i was doing my alevels and besides now i get student grand and loan from student fianance england.

in NCS i just gave my passport and notification letter for life in the uk test. but lady took a photocopy of university card.

chaudhrei
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhrei » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:32 pm

@ Eskar,
P60, Home office letters & Employer letters are actually reinforcement to application and an indirect way of proof of your stay in UK. As I mentioned earlier this is simplest of all applications for nationality journey. All you need is Complete application form, fee, Marriage certificate & Kids birth certificate(if any) and 5 year UK stay i-e stamps on pasports[of ILR(1year), WP, HSMP, 11 year stay etc]. All other requirement are actually a proof of 5 year stay. It does not matter if you were economically viable during this period or not( they have made sure of this fact while granting WP/HSMP/ILR)
Chaudhrei

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi chaudhrei

thank you for the information. im just unquestionably paranoid it just 2 weeks since acknolegement letter issed but seems like i cant be paitent.

one more question is it true calling home office regarding update might slow down application process.

chaudhrei wrote:@ Eskar,
P60, Home office letters & Employer letters are actually reinforcement to application and an indirect way of proof of your stay in UK. As I mentioned earlier this is simplest of all applications for nationality journey. All you need is Complete application form, fee, Marriage certificate & Kids birth certificate(if any) and 5 year UK stay i-e stamps on pasports[of ILR(1year), WP, HSMP, 11 year stay etc]. All other requirement are actually a proof of 5 year stay. It does not matter if you were economically viable during this period or not( they have made sure of this fact while granting WP/HSMP/ILR)
Chaudhrei

marvelous2062
Newly Registered

Post by marvelous2062 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:16 pm

I can FINALLY relax, my application has been approved and my journey is over.

Good luck to all still waiting to see that second class brown envelope. May God bless you all with success as he did for me.

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS Wandsworth
Date of submission or posting : 18/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 19/01/2010
CRITERIA: 3 Years
Date of debit of Card : 21/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 25/01/2010 (Dated 21/01/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 05/02/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 08/02/2010

Date of passport application : (08/02/2010)Prospective Date

kindley

Post by kindley » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Congratulations!!!
marvelous2062 wrote:I can FINALLY relax, my application has been approved and my journey is over.

Good luck to all still waiting to see that second class brown envelope. May God bless you all with success as he did for me.

Here is my Time Line

Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:08 pm

congrats thats really quick turnover be hoesnt i m bit jelous good luck to ceremony and so on.
marvelous2062 wrote:I can FINALLY relax, my application has been approved and my journey is over.

Here is my Time Line

raghu2627
Newly Registered

Post by raghu2627 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Finally my wait is over and received the approval today!!!

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS Hounslow
Date of submission or posting : 11/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 12/01/2010
Date of debit of Card : 16/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 20/01/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony :

Date of passport application :

chaudhrei
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhrei » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Seems like many good news. Congratulation to all for completing their journey,

I also got my letter finally today, Exactly one month after sumitting application @ NCS (5th Jan-5th Feb) actually letter is dated 31st Jan, so it is quite rapid response.

@Eskar, I dont think calling HO would slow down process, however you should be patient for 4-6 weeks and then call them.

chaudhrei
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhrei » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:23 pm

@Eskar,

I am sure you will get letter next week, if you had acknowledgement for two weeks now, I seems that People with 3 year criteria are getting approved in around 1 week and people with 5 years criteria are getting approval in 2-3 weeks after acknowledgement.

Dont worry your time will come next week by the will of God.

Chaudhrei

thiagofali
Newly Registered

!!!

Post by thiagofali » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:51 pm

I've called the home office and the lady said that my decision has made today and the letter was sent! She impliedly said that I was approved (she couldn't tell me directly the decision). She just said that I have good news and that my decision was made today!!!!

ESKAR, I applied one day before you, so you might be able to call monday or tuesday and they might tell you if the decision was made or not... Depending on the attendant, he/she might also tell you if it was approved or not..

Don't worry if your case takes a bit longer. Each case is dealt differently.

You will get good news too! I'm sure.

As soon as I get the letter confirming, I'll post it here

hsmporwp

Re: !!!

Post by hsmporwp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Congratulations thiagofali!

which number did u call; i cant seem to get trhough t anywhere but recorded message about EEA natiplans which hangs up in the end from 0151 number + 3..1...2

any help?
thiagofali wrote:I've called the home office and the lady said that my decision has made today and the letter was sent! She impliedly said that I was approved (she couldn't tell me directly the decision). She just said that I have good news and that my decision was made today!!!!

ESKAR, I applied one day before you, so you might be able to call monday or tuesday and they might tell you if the decision was made or not... Depending on the attendant, he/she might also tell you if it was approved or not..

Don't worry if your case takes a bit longer. Each case is dealt differently.

You will get good news too! I'm sure.

As soon as I get the letter confirming, I'll post it here

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:15 pm

chaudhrei wrote:Seems like many good news. Congratulation to all for completing their journey,

I also got my letter finally today, Exactly one month after sumitting application @ NCS (5th Jan-5th Feb) actually letter is dated 31st Jan, so it is quite rapid response.

@Eskar, I dont think calling HO would slow down process, however you should be patient for 4-6 weeks and then call them.
CONGRATULATION ..... :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :P

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:01 pm

i caleed HO today again and they told me decition was made today and i will receve letter in tow weeks hope its approval letter

Eskar

Re: .

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:44 pm

hi murad congrats, alhamdulillah u wont belive it i scremed when i saw post . really really happy for . wann sing boy
ur
mohamedmourad wrote:i caleed HO today again and they told me decition was made today and i will receve letter in tow weeks hope its approval letter