ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslip - Per Diem

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vittuk
Newly Registered

Payslip - Per Diem

Post by vittuk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:17 am

Hello Everyone,

This forum is being really helpful to UK visa aspirants. Great job everyone.

I have a quick question regarding per diem,

Apart from regular salary, I get per diem every month from my company which is not taxable. Since this per diem is given by the company for the expenses in connection with work and is not taxable, I am not including this amount to claim points for previous earnings. They do appear in my bank statement along with the regular earnings with similar name 'company name-deposit pay date'. In order to avoid confusion, I would be sending the per diem statements and mention in the cover letter stating them as additional evidence.

As they are online per diem statements, do I have to get them signed & stamped by my employer or can I send them as it is (as they are not part of earnings for which I am claiming points for)?

Thanks in advance.

alexrabbi
Newly Registered

Post by alexrabbi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:41 am

I had done the same in March 2009, but got rejected. Home office rejected my perdiem statements saying it is not earned in UK as salary

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 am

In what country is this per diem allowance being paid?
John

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: Payslip - Per Diem

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:55 pm

As long as you are not using the per diem earnings to calculate points you are ok.

I had showed more money in payslips and bank (reimbursements, non fixed allowances etc) than I claimed as earnings and did not get questioned.
vittuk wrote:Hello Everyone,

This forum is being really helpful to UK visa aspirants. Great job everyone.

I have a quick question regarding per diem,

Apart from regular salary, I get per diem every month from my company which is not taxable. Since this per diem is given by the company for the expenses in connection with work and is not taxable, I am not including this amount to claim points for previous earnings. They do appear in my bank statement along with the regular earnings with similar name 'company name-deposit pay date'. In order to avoid confusion, I would be sending the per diem statements and mention in the cover letter stating them as additional evidence.

As they are online per diem statements, do I have to get them signed & stamped by my employer or can I send them as it is (as they are not part of earnings for which I am claiming points for)?

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:58 pm

vittuk wrote:Since this per diem is given by the company for the expenses in connection with work
Therefore cannot be included in salary! It is not money that you earn as *income* but an allowance for *expense* incurred (or that will be incurred at a later date) for doing company work e.g. - travel, subsitance etc.

regards

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:27 pm

vittuk wrote:Hello Everyone,

Apart from regular salary, I get per diem every month from my company which is not taxable.

As its not taxable u cannot claim points on it
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:55 pm

yasa wrote:As its not taxable u cannot claim points on it
Wrong. Non taxable component(s) of salary can be included in earnings to claim points.

regards

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Non taxable component(s) of salary can be included in earnings to claim points.
Apart from expenses re-imbursed (which cannot be claimed), isn't everything else taxed? (bonuses, overtime etc.)

hsmp_aspi

Post by hsmp_aspi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi,

Mine case is like I have recieved onsite allowance but it is not a part of the payslip. However, my employer has deducted tax at source and this would be part of the tax certificate that I will recieve from my employer.

Can I claim this amount of allowance in my income?

Thanks in advance.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:24 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
yasa wrote:As its not taxable u cannot claim points on it
Wrong. Non taxable component(s) of salary can be included in earnings to claim points.

regards
sorry for that ..

Thanks for letting me know... I'll be carefull next tiime..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================