ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving before family residence card... is it a problem?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kobrien

Leaving before family residence card... is it a problem?

Post by kobrien » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:09 pm

I applied for my EU family residence card in November in Italy and am still waiting for it to be issued.

Unfortunately, my husband (UK citizen) is not happy and wants to leave in a couple of months for another job.

Will there be a problem if I apply for entrance to the UK (with intent of living there), BEFORE I actually get my Italian residence card?

Extra info:
I have a years multi-entry visa in addition to applying for the residence card. Dont know if that matters.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Leaving before family residence card... is it a problem?

Post by Ben » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:45 pm

kobrien wrote:Will there be a problem if I apply for entrance to the UK (with intent of living there), BEFORE I actually get my Italian residence card?
So long as your UK national spouse has been engaged in economic activity in Italy for at least six months prior, the UK will be happy.

Are you a visa-required national?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Make sure you keep every piece of documentation (pay slips, bank statements, ...) that show your husband was working in Italy. You will need these for the UK application.