ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fee not yet deducted!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sany_mano

Fees not deducted

Post by sany_mano » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:19 am

I send my Tier 1 General application form include with dependant forms on 22 Jan 2009. Neither fees not deducted nor acknowledgement letter received yet. My problem is I receive the debit card following week and have contacted by the bank and says, my existing card will be cancelled on immediately due to my card detail use different party other than me. So I contact fraud detection team in the bank manage to authorize only above transaction made. However they say my card detail (Number) will be no longer valid from 3rd feb 2009. On the other hand I have new card activate with me presently. Will I call HO to give my card details or will HO deduct fees in next 2 days. I am so worried please advice me on this

Thanks in advance

akb

Re: Fees not deducted

Post by akb » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:07 pm

sany_mano wrote:I send my Tier 1 General application form include with dependant forms on 22 Jan 2009. Neither fees not deducted nor acknowledgement letter received yet. My problem is I receive the debit card following week and have contacted by the bank and says, my existing card will be cancelled on immediately due to my card detail use different party other than me. So I contact fraud detection team in the bank manage to authorize only above transaction made. However they say my card detail (Number) will be no longer valid from 3rd feb 2009. On the other hand I have new card activate with me presently. Will I call HO to give my card details or will HO deduct fees in next 2 days. I am so worried please advice me on this

Thanks in advance
Hi,

I hope they will deduct the fee before feb 3rd.
I don't think you will be able to submit the new card details now.
THe payment handling is done by a different section.
I had sent my application on jan 21st and my fees was deducted on jan27th.

Best wishes,
akb.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Fees not deducted

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm

sany_mano wrote:I send my Tier 1 General application form include with dependant forms on 22 Jan 2009. Neither fees not deducted nor acknowledgement letter received yet. My problem is I receive the debit card following week and have contacted by the bank and says, my existing card will be cancelled on immediately due to my card detail use different party other than me. So I contact fraud detection team in the bank manage to authorize only above transaction made. However they say my card detail (Number) will be no longer valid from 3rd feb 2009. On the other hand I have new card activate with me presently. Will I call HO to give my card details or will HO deduct fees in next 2 days. I am so worried please advice me on this

Thanks in advance
There were delays of Payment deduction by the HO for the application sent on or after 20th Jan which is why this thread evolved BUT the goodnews is that people applied on or after this date have started noticing the deducation of fees slowly and since u have 1 whole day apart from today is still available.. I keep fingers crossed that your fees is deducted and things go smooth ahead.. Goodluck mate..

if not ur application will be stated invalid and returned back and then u need to apply again if u stillhave a valid visa to stay in the country..

sany_mano

Post by sany_mano » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 am

I went to the bank this morning to check if pavement went through which I cannot see in the online statement. Luckily bank say payment has been requested by the HO and bank accepts it even though still transaction details not visible in the online statement. It is such relieve for me.

I would like to thanks tvn_ramesh and akb for their thoughts

bruceChen
Newly Registered

Post by bruceChen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Hello Guys,

My situation is as below:

Type: Work Permit to Tier 1 (General) In-country application
Application date: 25-Jan-2010
Application received: 26-Jan-2010
Payment deducted : Not yet
Acknowledgment letter date: Not yet

I was wondering what is happening to the HO? Why my money still not been deducted? Anyone applied in the same day?Thanks guys

auzzie_in_brizzle
Newly Registered

Post by auzzie_in_brizzle » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm

bruceChen wrote:Hello Guys,

I was wondering what is happening to the HO? Why my money still not been deducted? Anyone applied in the same day?Thanks guys
It's been taking a full week as of late, so not to worry. I applied 21st and only got ack letter yesterday (the payment showed up late on the 29th). Watch your Available Balance to see if it dips by the required amount, mine did and it wasn't until the next day I actually saw the transaction appear.

jewelbox
Newly Registered

Post by jewelbox » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:42 pm

My payment has finally been deducted today :) Hope acknowledgement letter arrives soon as my company is chasing.

Type: HSMP to Tier 1 (General) extension
Application date: 22 Jan via Royal mail 1st class
Payment deducted : 2 Feb bank confirmed HO requested payment
Acknowledgment letter: still waiting

akb

Post by akb » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:54 pm

sany_mano wrote:I went to the bank this morning to check if pavement went through which I cannot see in the online statement. Luckily bank say payment has been requested by the HO and bank accepts it even though still transaction details not visible in the online statement. It is such relieve for me.

I would like to thanks tvn_ramesh and akb for their thoughts
Hi,

Really good news.
I hope you can relax now and wait for your visa.
I know it is easy to say, even I am waiting for my visa :-)

Best wishes,
akb

xeel

Post by xeel » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:16 pm

My Application was received on the same date (26th Jan) and no deduction of fees yet - so fingers crossed, the HO is taking a nap i guess *as usual*

akb

Post by akb » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:19 am

xeel wrote:

My Application was received on the same date (26th Jan) and no deduction of fees yet - so fingers crossed, the HO is taking a nap i guess *as usual*
I think the fees deduction should happen in this week itself for both of you. HO payment section takes about 5-7 working days now.

Best wishes,
akb

xeel

Post by xeel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:44 am

akb wrote:
I think the fees deduction should happen in this week itself for both of you. HO payment section takes about 5-7 working days now.

Best wishes,
akb

I Hope so, though mine should take an extra 5 days.. considering I was stupid enough to pay by cheque :cry:

bruceChen
Newly Registered

Post by bruceChen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 pm

My fee was deducted today. Thanks guys. Just hope the visa approval time will be quicker.

xeel

Post by xeel » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:53 am

bruceChen wrote:

My fee was deducted today. Thanks guys. Just hope the visa approval time will be quicker.
Congrats for passing through the first stage, and good luck for the next stage i.e. receiving of acknowledgement -

I am assuming you paid by debit/credit card, right?

bruceChen
Newly Registered

Post by bruceChen » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:08 pm

xeel wrote:
bruceChen wrote:

Congrats for passing through the first stage, and good luck for the next stage i.e. receiving of acknowledgement -

I am assuming you paid by debit/credit card, right?
Yes.

xeel

Post by xeel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:41 am

Atlast got my fee deducted.

Type: HSMP to Tier 1 (General) Extension (Non-JR) In-country application
Payment deducted : 05-Feb-2010

Newly Registered

Fees deduction delay

Post by avatar2010 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:14 am

Dear All,

Applied for Tier 1 extension on 28th Jan from UK. Royal mail confirms delivery for 29th Jan.

Fees not yet deducted. After checking this forum, I am bit relaxed. However I am not sure if Visa Debit Card could be used for payment as I did not see that option on the form. Unfortunately I saw that after sending my Visa debit card details in the application. Fingers crossed !

Thanks

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:20 am

xeel wrote:Atlast got my fee deducted.

Type: HSMP to Tier 1 (General) Extension (Non-JR) In-country application
Payment deducted : 05-Feb-2010
Good stuff. I wonder why it is taking HO so long to deduct fees. They used to do it the same/next day of receiving the application a couple of months ago.
Regards,
crowbar6

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:23 am

Hi Avatar read the response from akb in the forum

I will be using Visa debit card, but which option in the application form should i tick? Because it says only Delta/Maestro against debit card option. Does that mean we can only use Delta/Maestro debit cards?

You can choose the following option:-
Visa / Mastercard - go to question A10 .
This covers both credit/debit cards. (Ignore what is said in page5, they haven't mentioned it properly there.)

Best wishes,
akb.

akb

Re: Fees deduction delay

Post by akb » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Applied for Tier 1 extension on 28th Jan from UK. Royal mail confirms delivery for 29th Jan.

Fees not yet deducted. After checking this forum, I am bit relaxed. However I am not sure if Visa Debit Card could be used for payment as I did not see that option on the form. Unfortunately I saw that after sending my Visa debit card details in the application. Fingers crossed !

Thanks
Hi,

You don't need to be worried at all. Just confirm with your bank whether they have set any upper limits on your debit card transaction. (or else you can inform about this specific transaction itself to your bank).

Best wishes,
akb.

johnplayer
Newly Registered

Post by johnplayer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Type: HSMP to Tier 1 Extension
Payment deducted : 03-Feb-2010
Acknowledgment letter date: 05-Feb-2010

johnplayer
Newly Registered

Post by johnplayer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Dear All,

Thanks
avatar, don't worry I also paid by visa debit card. just wait a couple of more days

Newly Registered

Post by avatar2010 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:24 pm

johnplayer wrote:
Dear All,

Thanks
avatar, don't worry I also paid by visa debit card. just wait a couple of more days
Thanks guys for your help.

Nagu

Post by Nagu » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:40 pm

johnplayer wrote:
Dear All,

Thanks
Thanks guys for your help.
Hello...

Same here... I sent my appl on 1st Feb.. no payment deduction in my a/c

Thks,
nagu

Joyo
Newly Registered

Post by Joyo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Dear all,

Type: Tier 1(PSW) to Tier 1(Gen)
Application date: 1-Feb-2010 (possibly 2nd Feb)
Application received: Not known
Payment deducted : Not yet. (gave debit card info)
Acknowledgment letter date: Not received

I am so *so* relieved to have found this thread. For this application I paid a lawyer to prepare things and he got delayed so it ended up getting sent later than we'd planned (Current visa: Tier 1: PSW, expires 7th Feb). I don't usually cut it this close, and what makes it especially bad is that I'm not 100% sure when the appliation was mailed or received, because the day after the solicitor prepared it he left and won't be available until Feb 16th, and the firm is saying that only he has info on my case, and they can't even tell me when it was posted because they mail dozens of things a day. I also don't know *how* it was sent (Special Delivery, etc), and again, no help from the firm (I will find another thread to complain about that properly, though)

I've never done a debitcard payment before, it's always been me doing the applications myself, with postal order and I've just been *sick* with fear that something will go wrong and my bank will try and block it or something, but I'm so relieved to hear that it sounds like something is slowed up at the HO.

I'll be sleeping much better when that balance drops in my account, but hearing so many people say it's taken 5-7 days lately has kept me from going insane!

Will update with actual dates as they become available.

vhsmpuk

Post by vhsmpuk » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:01 pm

hi,

Type: HSMP to Tier 1(Gen)
Application date: 29-Jan-2010
Application received: 30-Jan-2010
Payment deducted : Not yet. (checked credit card online today)
Acknowledgment letter date: Not received

Please update this thread if your payment is deducted