ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualification - Visa Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salman83

Qualification - Visa Extension

Post by salman83 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi all,

I am currently on HSMP and will going to apply for my extension under Tier1. While filling the form, I am confused in the Qualification section.

Actually, I earned my degree in Bachelor of software engineering but on NARIC assessment, it says that it is equivalent to british bachelor standard. The more interesting thing is that on PBS, my institution is listed and it says that the subject is IT/Computer Science. I do not know what to write on the form.

Also, I do not know the exact duration date of my study. I just only know the year and month of my degree.

Also, what to write in the Grade field as we are awarded in GPA form.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Qualification - Visa Extension

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:59 pm

salman83 wrote:Hi all,

I am currently on HSMP and will going to apply for my extension under Tier1. While filling the form, I am confused in the Qualification section.

Actually, I earned my degree in Bachelor of software engineering but on NARIC assessment, it says that it is equivalent to british bachelor standard. The more interesting thing is that on PBS, my institution is listed and it says that the subject is IT/Computer Science. I do not know what to write on the form.

- for extension from HSMP to tier1 Bachelor degree is fine, rather u even don't require to send te degree as you already submitted at initial hsmp application

Also, I do not know the exact duration date of my study. I just only know the year and month of my degree.

- for dates u ca use 1st or 15th of those months

Also, what to write in the Grade field as we are awarded in GPA form.

- write whatever grades you have got

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

salman83

Post by salman83 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:13 pm

Ramesh thanks for the reply.

So, on the form, for the following fields, I will write.

Qualification = Bachelor

Field of Study = IT/Computer Science

Is it OK.

Once again, thanks a lot.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:23 pm

It should be

Bachelor of Science

or

Bachelor of Engineering